Looking for the perfect Thanksgiving salad that everyone will love. Try cranberry congealed salad from Paula Deen. It’s super delicious and I’m sure this would be the first dish to be finished at Thanksgiving dinner. It’s sweet and so tempting that you might not save room for dessert! So, let’s move on to the recipe for Paula Deen’s cranberry congealed salad.
Paula Deen’s cranberry congealed salad has a crunchy and buttery base with a soft cream cheese layer on it. You can add chopped cranberries to the cream cheese to have a fruity flavor in it. The top gelatin layer to the salad has orange gelatin mixed with cranberry sauce. You can store this salad in the refrigerator for 2 days and enjoy it with your meal.
Wanna know about recipe ingredients and equipment? Read the lists below and you’ll know how each of these contributes to the brilliance of Paula Deen’s cranberry congealed salad. Follow the recipe instructions and the result would be worth it. Save this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy it with your family. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
1. Paula Deen’s Sweet Potato Gratin– Paula Deen’s sweet potato gratin is the one of the best potato recipes for Thanksgiving. This delicious dish is made with sweet potatoes, caramelized onion, and cheese. There is also a hotness to the dish because of the paprika and cayenne.
2. Paula Deen’s Roasted Turkey– Need a great yet simple turkey recipe for holidays? Try Paula Deen’s roasted turkey recipe. The turkey is stuffed with herbs and onions. Not only that, the gravy is made with pan juices from the turkey. So, you get two recipes in the guise of one.
3. Paula Deen’s Chicken And Dressing– Paula Deen’s chicken and dressing recipe is as delicious as it is healthy. It is made with chicken cooked in vegetables. It is then baked with cooked vegetables, cornbread, and biscuits. This delicious recipe makes for a delightful and fulfilling dinner.
4. Paula Deen’s Jello Salad– If you are a fan of jello, then you must try Paula Deen’s jello salad. The jello is made with cranberry and pineapple. It is then topped with cream cheese and walnuts. You can also add fresh fruits on top like pineapples, raspberries, and cranberries.
What Equipment Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Cranberry Congealed Salad?
- Bowl- Use two large bowls to make the flour mixture and for the cream cheese mixture. Use a medium-sized bowl to make the cranberry gelatin mixture for the salad.
- Spatula- You can use a spatula to mix the ingredients of the salad.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to spread the flour mixture in the baking pan and also to layer the cream cheese and gelatin mixture over it.
- Mixer or blender- Blend the cream cheese mixture using a blender or mixer.
- Refrigerator- You’ll need a refrigerator to refrigerate the salad.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Cranberry Congealed Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Refrigerating Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||8 Hours||8 Hours 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Paula Deen’s Cranberry Congealed Salad?
- Flour- Add a cup of all-purpose flour for the base of this salad.
- Pecans- A cup of chopped pecans will add a buttery and nutty flavor to the base. These also make the base crunchy and delicious.
- Brown sugar- Use brown sugar to add sweetness to the base of the salad. Brown sugar is comparatively sweeter and dissolves better.
- Butter- Melt a half cup of butter and add it to the flour mixture. It’ll make the base buttery and add more flavor to it.
- Cream cheese- Soften two packages of cream cheese for this congealed salad.
- Sugar- Use granulated sugar for the cream cheese mixture. It dissolves better than normal sugar.
- Whipped topping- Defrost a can of frozen whipped topping for the cream cheese mixture and for garnishing the congealed salad.
- Orange gelatin- Use two packages of orange gelatin for the cranberry gelatin mixture.
- Water- You’ll need two cups of boiling water and a cup of cold water for cranberry gelatin.
- Cranberry sauce- Use two cans of whole-berry cranberry sauce to make a cranberry-flavored gelatin mixture for the salad.
- Cranberries- Chop fresh cranberries to garnish Paula Deen’s cranberry congealed salad.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Cranberry Congealed Salad
1. Prep the base
Take a medium bowl and add flour, pecans, and brown sugar to it. Add melted butter and mix them well to combine. Now, grease the baking pan with cooking spray and add the flour mixture to it. Gently press this mixture towards the bottom of the pan and bake it for about 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Prep the cream cheese mixture
In another medium-sized bowl, beat granulated sugar with cream cheese using a mixer until smooth. Add the whipped topping and mix it well. Spread this mixture over the cooled crust and cover it. Refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
3. Layer with gelatin mixture
Stir gelatin with two cups of boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in cranberry sauce and when it combines, add a cup of cold water. Pour this gelatin mixture over the chilled cream cheese layer. Refrigerate it for at least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped toppings and cranberries.
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||948 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Paula Deen’s Cranberry Congealed Salad Look and Taste?
Ready for the sweet bites! Paula Deen’s cranberry congealed salad is filled with sweet flavors of cranberry, cream cheese, and sugar. The orange gelatin is mixed with cranberry sauce and topped with fresh cranberries and whipped topping. It looks amazing and is perfect to be presented at the holiday dinner. So, enjoy your Thanksgiving meal with Paula Deen’s cranberry congealed salad.
Paula Deen’s Cranberry Congealed Salad Recipe
- Mixer or Blender
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 ounces Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
- 6 ounces Orange Gelatin
- 28 ounces Whole-berry Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup Cold Water
- Fresh Cranberries (chopped)
- Add flour, pecans, and brown sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Spread this flour mixture at the bottom of greased baking pan and bake it for about 12 to 15 minutes. Let it cool for few minutes.
- Take a medium bowl and beat the sugar with cream cheese in it using a mixture or a blender. Add whipped topping and mix it to combine. Spread this mixture over the baked crust and refrigerate it for about 4 hours.
- Add boiling water to the gelatin in a large bowl and mix. Now stir in cranberry sauce and add cold water when cranberry sauce combines with the mixture. Slowly drizzle gelatin mixture on the cream cheese layer. Garnish with toppings and fresh cranberries. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
How was your recipe? Tell me in the comments below and try other holiday recipes as well.