Paula Deen crab cakes recipe is a fancy seafood appetizer. The taste of these cakes takes you into another world. It’s ready in thirty minutes and paired well with spicy sauces or dips. Find out the recipe here.
The basic recipe is simple: mix the ingredients and form patties. Then fry them in oil or butter until they’re golden brown.
They’ll be delicious on their own, but if you’re feeling extra fancy, you can add some extra seasoning.
Crab cakes are the centerpiece for holidays. To make them flavorful, add lime juice and mayonnaise. It will boost the flavors of the crab cakes.
You can mingle the crab cakes with spicy sauces like garlic butter sauce, Tatar sauce, or wasabi for the best pairing.
Make these impressive crab cakes. They are always a hit for seafood lovers. Quickly note the recipe steps and get details about the equipment below.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Collard Greens
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
- Paula Deen Zucchini Bread
- Paula Deen Gumbo
- Paula Deen Goulash
- Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake
- Paula Deen Pimento Cheese
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Broccoli Salad
- Paula Deen Tomato Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crab Cakes?
- Cooking Pan – Fry crab cakes in the pan for crispy results.
- Bowl – Combine crab cake ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to mix all the ingredients together.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crab Cakes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Crab Cakes?
- Crabmeat – Make rich crab cakes with crab meat.
- Mayonnaise – Add mayonnaise to the crab cakes for a rich creamy texture.
- Egg – Stir in one egg to give a firm structure to the crab cakes.
- Worcestershire Sauce – One teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce is perfect to make crab cakes sweet and savory.
- Lemon Juice – Adding lemon juice to the crab cake mixture brightens the taste.
- Cooking Oil – Saute crab cakes in the cooking oil.
- Flour – Dust all-purpose flour on the crab cakes before frying.
- Green Onions – Add chopped green onions to the cakes for refreshing flavors.
- Bell Peppers – Chopped bell peppers give a crunch to the soft cakes.
- Butter Crackers – Crushed butter crackers for the crispy texture of cakes.
- Dry Mustard – Dry mustard adds a mild savory flavor to crab cakes.
- Garlic Powder – Season crab cakes with garlic powder.
- Salt – A pinch of salt to balance out the taste of crab cakes.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Crab Cakes
1. Make Patties
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, crushed butter crackers, chopped green onions, chopped bell peppers, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Mix everything well together and form a nice round patty. Make around 10 patties.
Heat oil in the cooking pan on medium flame. Dust flour on the patties and put them on the cooking pan.
Fry them on one side until brown for five minutes. Fry another side for five minutes until golden brown. Serve them hot with your favorite sauces. Enjoy Paula Deen crab cakes.
How Will Paula Deen Crab Cakes Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen crab cakes are crispy on the top and tender inside. The crab meat gives a rich taste to the cakes.
The seasonings sprinkled on top contribute to the nice, amazing tangy, peppery flavors. All in all, the crab cake is crisp on the outside and soft from the core.
Paula Deen Crab Cakes Recipe
- Cooking Pan
- 1 Ib Crabmeat
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Cooking Oil
- Flour (for dusting)
- 3 Green Onions (Chopped)
- ½ cup Bell Peppers (Chopped)
- ⅓ cup Butter crackers
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Combine crabmeat, buttery crackers, chopped green onions, chopped bell peppers, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Form ten patties from the mixture. Dust some flour on the patties.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Fry patties until golden brown for five minutes on each side.
- Paula Deen crab cakes are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it better to fry crab cakes or bake them?
You can both fry crab cakes or bake them. But frying the crab cakes will give you more crispy texture and dark golden brown color.
What goes well on crab cakes?
Crab cakes are delightful appetizers that you can serve with sauces and dips. Moreover, you can serve coleslaw salad or potato salad with crab cakes.
What kind of crab is best for crab cakes?
For delicious crab cakes, use lump crab meat. It has mouthwatering bites and is best for making crab cakes.
What sauce goes with crab cakes?
Enjoy crab cakes with various types of sauces like tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, wasabi, and Meyer lemon aioli.
What veggies go with crab cakes?
Serve grilled corn, eggplants, squash, asparagus, onions, and bell peppers with crab cakes. They add a nice crunchy layer with the crab cakes.
Are you a seafood lover looking for a savory treat? Crab cakes are best to enjoy with spicy and savory sauces.
They are perfect for your picnic meal or served as a party appetizer. Check out the recipe and give this recipe the best ratings.