Who doesn’t like cornbread with a strong touch of sweet flavor? Enjoy this yummy, soft, and fluffy taste of Paula Deen cornbread at home. Do check the further details of the recipe.
This Paula Deen recipe tastes beyond delicious. It is loaded with butter and cheese. It is made with cheese, corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and creamed corn.
This recipe includes all the small details. The best thing is you can make versatile changes according to your taste by using the mentioned substitutes of the ingredients. To know the particulars, go through the entire article.
What's In The Post
Is This Exactly Paula Deen Cornbread Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact Paula Deen Cornbread recipe that we prepared. The ingredients used in our recipe are similar to the original recipe.
Initially, we were skeptical about this recipe, but the results were mind-blowing. The final product is appealing and delicious, making each bite of the cheesy chef-delight cornbread recipe.
Is Paula Deen Cornbread Different From Regular Cornbread?
Paula Deen Cornbread differs from regular cornbread as she adds different ingredients to her recipe, like cheese and sour cream. Traditional cornbread recipes are often simpler as they have no additional elements.
- Ingredients – Paula Deen adds an extra richness to her cornbread by adding sour cream, butter, and sometimes even bacon grease for additional flavors. But if you check the regular cornbread, it contains essential ingredients like cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, and milk. It is simple in terms of flavors.
- Texture – Her cornbread can have a softer and moist texture due to additional fat from the ingredients. But if we talk about regular cornbread, it is often crumbly and has an oilier texture than Deen cornbread.
- Taste – Paula Deen cornbread is known for its extra richness with a Southern taste, while regular cornbread is simpler and often has a dry texture. Both have unique flavors and can be enjoyed differently depending on your taste and preferences.
Why You’ll Love This This Paula Deen Cornbread Recipe?
It has a lot of benefits that will make you fall for this recipe, and you will not resist making it. The below points will give you more reasons to love this cornbread.
- Easy – This recipe of Paula Deen Cornbread is straightforward to make and gets ready with just six ingredients.
- Holiday Side Dish – Cornbread makes your holiday perfect. It is a classic side dish loved by everyone.
- Versatile – This cornbread is highly versatile and can be swapped with other ingredients. Also, more elements can be added to the bread for flavor.
Is Paula Deen Cornbread Vegan & Gluten-Free?
Paula Deen traditional cornbread is not vegan or gluten-free because it is made with dairy products like milk or egg. Moreover, all-purpose flour, or wheat flour, contains gluten that can lead to adverse reactions in people with gluten sensitivity.
To make vegan or gluten-free cornbread, you must replace the vegan or gluten-containing ingredients with suitable alternatives.
Equipment Required To Make Paula Deen Cornbread
- Knife – Cut the butter with a knife. Also, slice the cornbread once prepared.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to give the batter a good mix.
- Oven – Bake the cornbread in an oven.
- Bowl – Bowl is required to prepare the batter for the cornbread.
- Baking Dish – You will need a baking dish to bake the batter. You can also use a skillet instead.
Paula Deen Cornbread Ingredients
- Sugar – Add one tablespoon of sugar for a perfect amount of sweetness.
- Salt – To balance the sweetness of the bread, add a pinch of salt.
- Cornmeal – Using cornmeal will give the bread a perfect taste of corn.
- Eggs – Eggs are used as the binding agent in the bread and also to keep the bread moist.
- All-Purpose Flour – Flour is the key to the process of baking bread.
- Butter – Butter will add a tart flavor with a hint of sweetness to the cornmeal batter.
- Baking Soda – Cornbread makes your bread fluffy.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder will help to raise the bread.
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk is an essential ingredient for baking; it adds a tangy flavor with balancing sweetness.
Paula Deen Cornbread Ingredients Substitutions
- All-Purpose Flour – Though we’ve used flour, you can use rice flour instead of flour, which is also a healthy option.
- Sugar – Maple syrup and honey is the closest substitute for sugar.
- Eggs – We’ve used eggs, but you can also use ripe bananas to moisturize your bread.
Why Do You Put Baking Soda In This Cornbread?
Baking Soda is a leavening agent that helps the cornbread rise and become soft and fluffy. It also contributes to browning the cornbread during baking, giving it an appealing golden color.
If unavailable, you can also put baking powder instead of baking soda.
What To Do If You’ve Put Too Much Baking Soda In Your Cornbread?
Putting too much baking soda will result in a bitter taste. It may freak you out but don’t worry, there are simple quick-fix to this query:
- Putting too much baking soda or baking powder may freak you out. But there is a simple solution for your problem: increase the level of other ingredients, and it balances out the taste and flavors.
- Adding an acidic ingredient will neutralize the bitterness in the bread. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to it.
- Add some flour that helps dilute the baking soda and makes it less bitter.
Paula Deen Cornbread Preparation And Cooking Time
Cornbread takes time to get ready. But the taste makes it worth the time. You will love it and end up licking up your fingers.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||45 Minutes||55 Minutes|
Paula Deen Cornbread Recipe Steps
Step 1- Take a small bowl and add two eggs in it.
Step 2- Add some milk to the eggs and give it a whisk.
Step 3- Now in some butter and mix.
Step 4- Take a bowl with cornmeal added to it and throw in some flour and mix.
Step 5- Add in some sugar, salt and baking powder.
Step 6- Now take both the mixtures.
Step 7- Whisk the dry and wet mixture together.
Step 8- Your cornbread batter is ready to go.
Step 9- Transfer the mixture in the baking dish.
Step 10- Lastly, keep it in the oven for baking at 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 11- Your Paula Deen Cornbread is ready.
Tips To Make This Paula Deen Cornbread Recipe Better
- To make your cornbread fluffier, beat two eggs with two tablespoons of cornstarch and add the mixture to the batter.
- To spice things up, sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prefer making corn muffin mix on your own by using a few ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cornmeal, oil, and salt instead of using the boxed corn muffin mix.
- Mix the cans of corn with sour cream first before adding the corn muffin mix; it will add extra moisture.
How Do You Keep Your Paula Deen Cornbread Moist While Baking?
Butter is the most straightforward and accessible key to moist Paula Deen cornbread. Extra butter will enhance the texture and add moisture to your cornbread. Besides this, there are several more keys for a quick fix. Check furthermore:
- Add Some Extra Eggs – Eggs provide needed protein to the bread, which helps it maintain the moisture in the beard. So, more eggs, more moist bread.
- Oil – Extra fat in the oil keeps the bread hydrated. Therefore resulting in extra moist bread.
- Sour Cream – Like buttermilk, adding sour cream will moisten your bread. It is tangier and thicker than buttermilk.
How Will Paula Deen Cornbread Look And Taste Like?
- Paula Deen Cornbread is baked to perfection with a slightly crisp and appealing crust. It has an appropriate amount of sweetness to it. Moreover, her recipe includes a generous amount of butter, which brings a rich buttery flavor.
While it’s not like a pudding, the cornbread is moist enough to contrast the crumbly texture pleasantly. Overall, Paula Deen’s cornbread is a pure indulgence.
Why Is My Cornbread Dry?
I’ll provide you with a perfect solution to prevent the bread from getting dry. Follow the given steps:
- Don’t Over-bake – Never over-bake the bread. If the bread is over-baked, it will make your bread dry. Make sure to take it out just before it is done, and keep in mind to give it a good rest.
- Don’t Over-mix – Mixing cornmeal will taste terrible. Never over-mix the cornmeal batter. Too much mixing releases more gluten, and this will break the structure of the batter. Mix the batter with your hands. It will prevent you from over-mixing.
Why Is My Cornbread Falling Apart?
Your cornbread can fall apart due to some reasons. To know them, go through the instructions given below:
- Avoid too much usage of cornmeal because of low gluten it will not hold the bread together.
- Make sure you are using the right kind and amount of flour, as excess will make your bread crumble excessively.
- The absence of moisture will make it more crumble. Use extra fat ingredients like butter or oil that add excess water to the bread.
Is Paula Deen Cornbread Healthy
Yes, Paula Deen Cornbread is healthy as it is full of nutrients. It also depends on the ingredients you are using in the recipe.
How To Store This Cornbread Properly?
- Airtight Container – This cornbread can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- Freezer – Paula Deen Cornbread can be frozen for at least a month, but make sure it’s properly stored in an airtight container.
- Fridge – This cornbread can be kept safely in the refrigerator, but be very specific about covering it with a cling film or transferring it to an airtight container.
Can You Reheat This Paula Deen Cornbread?
Yes, you can reheat Paula Deen Cornbread. To reheat, follow the guidelines below:
- Preheat the oven to 3500 F.
- Wrap the cornbread in an aluminum foil to keep it moist.
- Place it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until it’s heated enough.
Moreover, you can also reheat individual slices of bread for about 20-30 seconds, but make sure you don’t overheat it.
What To Serve With This Paula Deen Cornbread?
Pairing it with complimentary side dishes makes an all-rounded meal for you. What more do you want for a perfect filling meal? Here are a few suggestions:
- Paula Deen Lasagna – Lasagna consumed with this delicious cornbread is the best choice ever. It adds a refreshing contrast to the bread.
- Paula Deen Cream Corn – What’s best, combining cream corn with this cornbread? It’s a perfect meal that fills you up completely.
- Paula Deen Deviled Eggs – Cornbread goes well with deviled eggs and is an easygoing side dish. It takes your meal to the next level.
- Paula Deen Baked Beans – Baked beans and cornbread is the healthiest combination you can ever have. This healthy fusion will just blow up your mind.
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie Recipe – Fusing this cornbread with egg custard pie will add extra flavors along with some rich flavors.
Paula Deen Cornbread Printable Version
Paula Deen Cornbread Recipe
- Baking Dish
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp Butter
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1½ cup Buttermilk
- Take a small bowl and add two eggs in it.
- Add some milk to the eggs and give it a whisk.
- Now in some butter and mix.
- Take a bowl with cornmeal added to it and throw in some flour and mix.
- Add in some sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Now take both the mixtures.
- Whisk the dry and wet mixture together.
- Your cornbread batter is ready to go.
- Transfer the mixture in the baking dish.
- Lastly, keep it in the oven for baking at 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Your Paula Deen Cornbread is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to make cornbread?
Combine all the dry ingredients in the bowl. Then add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Combine well and make sure no lumps remain. Bake in the oven and enjoy the cornbread.
What goes with cornbread?
Cornbread goes well with coleslaw, beef stew, fried chicken, steamed broccoli, and fruit salad.
How to store cornbread?
Store cornbread in an airtight container. You can also store it in the refrigerator for upto one week.
Can you freeze cornbread?
Yes! You can freeze cornbread for upto three months. Transfer the cornbread into the zipper bag and then freeze it.
How to garnish cornbread?
You can garnish cornbread with maple syrup, Nutella, or chocolate sauce.
As we reach the end of the article, I will take a leave now, and it’ll be my pleasure if you try to make this recipe at home by following the exact steps cited in the article. Trust me, trying out this recipe is a win-win. You can give this recipe your own taste of additional ingredients for the best results.