Paula Deen cornbread dressing recipe is moist and has crispy edges. Crumbled cornbread flavored with chicken stock, onion, celery, herbs, and seasoning. It’s perfect for snacking or brunch.
Start by mixing crumbled cornbread and dried white bread in the bowl. Add sauteed onions and celery to the same bowl. Then, add chicken stock and eggs and season with sage, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Pour the whole cornbread mixture into the baking dish and bake for one hour. Delicious cornbread dressing will be ready.
The cornbread dressing recipe uses dried white bread. For that, oven-dry these slices at 170 degrees Fahrenheit. For the topping, you can use other herbs like chives, mint, and cilantro for refreshing flavors.
Paula Deen cornbread dressing is a combination of goodness. Don’t miss out on the fun. Refer to the recipe steps, note down the equipment list and cook this delicacy. Check out other Paula Deen recipes here.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Banana Bread
- Paula Deen Fried Green Tomatoes
- Paula Deen Pineapple-Up Side Down Cake
- Paula Deen Corn Salad
- Paula Deen Coconut Cake
- Paula Deen Potato Salad
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing?
- Oven – Bake cornbread dressing at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven.
- Baking Dish – Pour the cornbread mixture into the baking dish for baking.
- Cooking Pan – Saute onions and celery in the cooking pan.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine ingredients well.
- Bowl – Take a large bowl and mix all the cornbread ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing?
- Cornbread – For this recipe, you will need cornbread crumbles.
- Dried White Bread – Mix seven dried white bread slices with cornbread.
- Butter – Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Eggs – Use eggs in the cornbread mixture to firm up the dressing.
- Chicken Stock – Add chicken stock to the cornbread dressing for intense flavors.
- Salted Crackers – Crumble salted crackers and mix with cornbread mixture.
- Onion – Add onions for savory flavors.
- Celery – Celery lends an herbal aroma to the cornbread dressing.
- Sage – Add herbs like sage for a refreshing aroma.
- Poultry Seasoning – Poultry seasoning combines nutmeg, sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, and black pepper to season the dressing.
- Salt – Balance the taste of cornbread dressing with salt.
- Black Pepper – Season cornbread mixture with black pepper for spiciness.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing
1. Cornbread Mixture
In the large bowl, mix crumbled cornbread and dried white bread slices. Add salted crumbled crackers to the same bowl. Keep it aside.
2. Cook Vegetables
Heat butter in the cooking pan. Add chopped onions and celery to the pan. Cook for five minutes until translucent.
Pour the vegetable mixture over the cornbread mixture. Add chicken stock to the same bowl and mix well with the cornbread mixture. Season with salt and black pepper.
Then, add sage and poultry seasoning. Stir five beaten eggs into the bowl and mix everything well. Let it sit for ten minutes. Don’t worry if the mixture gets soupy. Fortunately, cornbread soaks up liquid well so that everything will turn out well.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Bake for one hour until the dressing is cooked thoroughly. Cornbread dressing is ready.
How Will Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen cornbread dressing is a perfect blend of creamy filling and crispy edges. It is savory and spicy. Above that, the chicken stock adds an intense flavor to the recipe. Endeavor the Paula Deen flavors right in your kitchen with this recipe.
Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Cooking Pan
- 1 loaf Cornbread (crumbled)
- 7 slices Dried White Bread
- 8 tablespoons Butter
- 5 Eggs (beaten)
- 7 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 package Salted Crackers
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cups Celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (a dash)
- Combine crumbled cornbread, dried white bread slice, and salted crackers. Mix well.
- Now melt butter in the pan and saute onions and celery for five minutes. Pour this into the cornbread mixture. Then add chicken stock to the same bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the whole mixture with sage and poultry seasoning.
- At last, stir in beaten eggs in the bowl.
- Let it sit for ten minutes in the bowl as cornbread will soak up the liquid well.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for one hour
- Paula Deen cornbread dressing is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to store cornbread dressing?
Pack cornbread dressing into an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator for upto three days. Reheat in the microwave before eating.
Does cornbread dressing include eggs?
Yes! Cornbread dressing includes eggs because it structures the dressing.
How to serve cornbread dressing?
Cornbread dressing is a side dish that you can enjoy for breakfast. You can serve it warm and enjoy it with any spicy and creamy dip.
What to serve with cornbread dressing?
You can enjoy cornbread dressing with sauteed vegetables, sausages, and roast chicken.
Which ingredients are used to make cornbread dressing?
Make cornbread dressing with crumbled cornbread, dried white bread slices, eggs, chicken stock, onions, celery, seasoning, and herbs.
The cornbread dressing recipe is appropriate for breakfast and snacking. Don’t believe me? Check out Paula Deen cornbread dressing recipe made with chicken stock, eggs, veggies, and much more.
If you need a thanksgiving delicacy, save this recipe. It will be a lot of fun!