In the mood to make some classic comfort food? Paula Deen chicken and dumplings recipe is a great idea for a winter night. It combines chicken, spices, and several other good things. Keep reading to know more.
Make the chicken stock using fresh chicken, vegetables, and seasoning to start cooking. Simmer for an hour. Meanwhile, prepare dumplings and stir in the stock. Cook for some time, and your delicious chicken and dumplings are ready.
Are you trying to make your soup creamier? You’ll need these tips. Use evaporated milk in the soup to achieve a good consistency. Moreover, if you don’t want to make dumplings from scratch, there are ready-to-make available from the market.
So, pamper your taste buds with something delicious today. Try the yummy chicken and dumplings soup right away. Just follow the simple recipe steps given below. Impress your guest with this comforting recipe.
The Strawberry cake recipe is one of my favorite cakes! This recipe has a hint of strawberry flavor and is surprisingly tasty. Let’s note down the recipe steps and equipment list. Seek out the full Paula Deen recipes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken Salad
- Paula Deen Monster Cookies
- Spicy Paula Deen Chili
- Paula Deen Lasagna
- Paula Deen Cream Corn
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie
- Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
- Paula Deen Prime Rib
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken And Dumplings?
- Pot – Combine all the chicken and dumpling soup ingredients and cook the stock in the pot.
- Ladle – Use a spoon to mix ingredients well.
- Bowl – Prepare the dough combined in the bowl.
- Knife – Cut chicken with a sharp knife.
- Rolling Pin – Roll out the dough on the surface using a rolling pin.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken And Dumplings?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken And Dumplings?
- Chicken – Use chicken for making delicious chicken and dumplings soup.
- Cream Of Chicken Soup – Cream of chicken soup makes the recipe creamier.
- Ice Water – Form a dough using ice water.
- Water – Stir in water to the pot to make chicken stock.
- Onion – Add onions to the stock for savory flavors.
- Celery – Take some celery to add freshness to the chicken soup.
- Bouillon – Bouillon adds aromatic flavor to the chicken stock.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use all-purpose flour to make the dumplings.
- Cornstarch – Mix cornstarch with water and add to the stock.
- Bay Leaves – Bay leaves create aroma, especially in soups.
- Salt – Salt balances the taste and flavor of the chicken and dumplings.
- Paula Deen House Seasoning – To season the chicken stock, why not sprinkle some house seasoning?
Steps To Make Paula Deen Chicken And Dumplings
1. Cook Chicken
Let’s start with cutting the chicken. However, we will not remove the skin and the bones at first. Take a large pot and stir in water. Add Paula Deen house seasoning and place onion, celery, chicken, bouillon, and bay leaves.
Boil everything in the pot for forty-five minutes, closing the lid. You will see the chicken fall off the bone. At this point, remove the chicken from the water and pull out the skin and bones. Also, discard bay leaves.
Place chicken again in the pot. Let it cook for some time.
2. Prepare dumplings
In a large bowl, add flour and salt. Mix well. In the center of the flour, pour a small amount of ice water. Start bringing together the flour and form a dough. Knead the dough well.
Dust a small amount of flour on the work surface. Now roll the dough with a rolling pin until you make it firm. Form small dumplings out of the dough. Keep it aside.
3. Merge Chicken And Dumplings
Let’s come back to the chicken stock. Add cream of chicken soup and cornstarch slurry into the pot. It will make the stock creamy and thick. Cook for five minutes.
Drop dumplings into the chicken stock. Never stir. Just let it float into the stock. Shake the pot a little bit so everything merges properly. Cook for three to four minutes. Do not overcook.
Chicken and dumplings are ready. Serve and enjoy!
|Total Carbohydrates||39 g|
How Will Paula Deen Chicken And Dumplings Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen chicken and dumplings is a one-pot meal packed with flavors. It’s creamy, light, and has a crunch of veggies. The dumplings floating in the soup are pillowy. Overall, it’s a less spicy soup with subtle flavors that everyone will love.
Paula Deen Chicken And Dumplings Recipe
- Rolling Pin
- 2½ pound Chicken
- 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- ¾ cup Ice Water
- 4 quarts Water
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 Celery (chopped)
- 2 Bouillon (Cubes)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen House Seasoning
- Cut the chicken but do not remove the skin and bones.
- Stir in water seasoned with Paula Deen house seasoning to the pot.
- Add onion, celery, bouillon, chicken, and bay leaves. Mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on a medium flame for forty-five minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare dumplings by combining flour and salt in the bowl.
- Form a dough with ice water and knead well until it is firm.
- Make small balls from the dough. The dumplings are ready. Keep them aside.
- Now add cream of chicken soup to the chicken stock mixture.
- Drop dumplings into the chicken soup. Do not stir.
- Cook for three to four minutes.
- Chicken and dumplings are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What types of dumplings can you use in chicken and dumplings recipes?
You can use three types of dumplings. The first one is drop dumplings which are flour based. The second one is rolled dumplings which are also flat and dense. The third type of dumpling is the biscuit dumpling.
Can you make chicken and dumplings in advance?
Not really! If you have chicken and dumplings in advance, dumplings can break off. So, it’s always advisable that you prepare chicken stock and dumplings in advance. But mix them just before serving time.
What to serve with chicken and dumplings?
You can serve sauteed vegetables, roasted Brussels salads, or steamed broccoli as a side dish.
What makes this soup so creamy?
Make chicken dumplings creamy using evaporated milk. Secondly, add flour and butter to the chicken stock to make it flavorful and thick.
What includes in the chicken and dumplings soup?
It includes chicken, cream cheese, chicken stock, vegetables, seasoning, and cornstarch.
Are you looking for a warming soup in the chilled season? This chicken and dumplings dish is sufficient to mark the start of the winter season. So, why wait? Bring everything together in the pot and begin cooking.