Paula Deen cheesecake is one of the most beloved dessert recipes of all time. If you’ve ever wanted to make her signature cheesecake at home, now is your chance!
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Then, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press the mixture into the springform pan.
Beat the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth and pour into the pan. Bake for 45 minutes until the cheesecake is firm.
If you’re adventurous, try making it delicious by adding more to this recipe. You can add all sorts of flavors to your cheesecake, from blueberry to strawberry to pumpkin. Or you could go with a classic chocolate or caramel cheesecake. The possibilities are endless!
In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to make Paula Deen cheesecake recipe. With some preparation and simple steps, you can make delicious cheesecake for your perfect tea time.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cheesecake?
- Oven – Bake the cheesecake crust in the oven until the outer ring of your cheesecake looks slightly puffed and set.
- Springform Cake Pan – A springform pan has removable sides to release the cheesecake without flipping safely.
- Mixing Bowl – Combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Spatula – Toss the ingredients well to avoid lumps and press the graham cracker mixture in the pan, making a thick layer.
- Whisk – Beat the eggs in a bowl to add a smooth and rich texture to the filling.
- Wire Rack – You will need a wire rack to allow air to circulate the cake and prevent over-baking.
- Parchment Paper – Line a sheet pan with parchment to protect the cheesecake from overbaking or sticking and to ensure even cooking.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cheesecake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cheesecake?
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – Graham crackers will aid the cake with a slightly sweet flavor with a crisper note.
- Sugar – Sugar will not only make food taste sweet but also will help raise your cake correctly.
- Butter (melted) – Soften the butter at room temperature to help raise your cake’s rise, and it will also help to create a light and tender texture in the cake crust.
- Cream Cheese (softened) – The cream cheese will help keep the cake moist and dense, preventing it from drying.
- Vanilla Extract – It will add flavor and bring out the flavors of other ingredients in the mixture.
- Eggs – Eggs give cheesecakes an extra smooth and rich texture.
- Cherries – The red, heart-shaped cherries will add juice and sweetness, giving the cake a light tartness and perfectly balanced.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Cheesecake
1. Start With The Basics
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and melt the butter at room temperature.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Make The Crust
Mix the mixture well and place in the 8-inch springform cake pan. Press against the sides and bottom of the pan, and make a thicker layer on the bottom.
Put the cake pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the crust is crisper.
3. Make The Filling
Mix the beaten cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla extract and eggs and combine well until smooth. Ensure the cream cheese is softened at room temperature to avoid lumps.
Pour the prepared cream mixture into the baked crust. Place it on a parchment sheet and bake for 45 minutes to one hour.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. When ready to serve, top with chocolate glaze and cherries.
|Vitamin A||1200 iu|
How Will Paula Deen Cheesecake Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen cheesecake has a slightly sour and tangy flavor with a hint of sweet notes. The tangy flavor of the cream cheese, the sugar’s sweetness, and the rich buttery taste are just plain amazing! All in all, the cheesecake satiates your sugar rush.
Paula Deen Cheesecake Recipe
- Springform Cake Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Wire Rack
- Parchment Paper
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 7 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 12 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2-3 Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325º and start by preparing the crust in the meantime.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch springform cake pan and press the sides.
- Place it into the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Prepare the filling by beating cream cheese and mixing in sugar and vanilla while beating until well blended.
- Add in eggs and combine well. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place it on the parchment sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, top with chocolate glaze and cherries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does cheesecake last?
You can prepare the cheesecake three days before serving. Put it in the springform mold, cover it, and refrigerate it until serving time.
What to do if your cheesecake cracks?
Cracks signify that your cheesecake is overbaked or you have not watered your crust. Cracks that show up after cooling mean that your cheesecake cooled too quickly.
How do you know your cheesecake is done?
When finished, the outer ring of your cheesecake should look slightly puffed and set, but the inner circle should still jiggle just a little bit.
Do you put eggs in cheesecake?
Eggs will give cheesecake an extra smooth and rich texture. In fact, adding too much egg to your recipe will cause the dreaded “cheesecake canyon” on the surface.
Paula Deen cheesecake is a Southern classic and worth making at home. With this recipe, you can easily create a delicious creamy cheesecake.