Paula Deen is a culinary genius, and her cheeseburger meatloaf is no exception. Paula Deen cheeseburger meatloaf dish is hearty, delicious, and perfect for satisfying any burger craving. Plus, this meatloaf is easy to make, and you can tailor it to your taste preferences.
Start by mixing the ground chuck, cooked and crumbled bacon, salt, black pepper, beaten eggs, ketchup, yellow mustard, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Add cheese, shape the mixture into a loaf, and bake it.
Use ground beef because the higher fat content ensures a more tender and moist meatloaf. Alternatively, you can also use lower-fat ground beef, but your meatloaf will likely be a little firmer and less juicy.
Below is the set of instructions for this crispy and cheesy cheeseburger meatloaf. With this guide, you can easily prepare your delicious cheeseburger meatloaf. Let’s start and see how easy and enjoyable it can be! Check out Paul Deen recipes.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf?
- Saucepan – Cook the sliced onion in a saucepan until golden brown.
- Broiler Pan – You will need a boiler pan to broil the loaf to help air circulate for even cooking.
- Mixing Bowls – Mix all the ingredients in separate bowls until well combined.
- Grater – Grate the cheddar cheese in a bowl with the help of a cheese grater to add to the ingredients.
- Whisk – Beat the egg with the help of a whisk to prepare the dressing.
- Knife – Chop the onion and slice down the bacon with the help of a sharp knife into bite-size pieces.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the ingredients before chopping them to avoid mess.
- Spatula – Mix all the dry and wet ingredients well in a bowl with the help of a spatula until smooth.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf?
|1 Hour 50 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf?
- Ground Chuck – Chuck steaks, the star ingredient, are full of beefy flavor and are one of the most tender steaks when cooked properly.
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled bacon will add a salty, umami, and sweet taste to the cheeseburger meatloaf.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shredded will melt more consistently. You can shred your cheese instead of buying the pre-shredded one.
- Dry Bread Crumbs – Bread crumbs will help bind the meatloaf together. If you use seasoned bread crumbs, it will also add a little flavor.
- Egg – The beaten egg will allow the meatloaf to keep its shape and give the cookies extra-rich flavor and a velvety texture.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire Sauce will give an umami flavor to your delicious meatloaf.
- Ketchup – We will use ketchup in the dressing to add a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Yellow Mustard – Yellow mustard will give dressings a crisp, tart-and-tangy flavor.
- Salt – Salt will enhance the flavor and balance the sweetness of the meatloaf.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will give the cheeseburger a rich, hearty, indulgent flavor.
- Onion – Fry the onion slices until golden brown to give an ultra-toasty, salty, umami punch taste to eat cheeseburger meatloaf
Steps To Make Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf
1. Start With Basics
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and prepare the ingredients in the meantime.
To prepare the recipe, chop one onion into thin slices, beat the egg, and grate the cheddar cheese with a cheese grater in separate bowls.
2. Cook The Bacon And Prepare The Dressing
Now cook the slices of bacon in a saucepan with two tablespoons of olive oil until they are crisp, and crumble them once cooled down. Once cooked, fry the slices of onion in the same saucepan until translucent and set it aside.
Mix the ground chuck, cooked and crumbled bacon, grated cheese, beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
Separately, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup and yellow mustard. Stir less than half a cup of the ketchup mixture into the meat mixture and reserve the remaining ketchup mixture.
3. Bake The Loaf
Form a loaf shape with the meat mixture and place it on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread the remaining ketchup mixture over a prepared loaf.
Bake in an oven for 40 minutes or until the meatloaf is no longer pink in the center. Remove from the oven and top with fried onions.
How Will Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf Look And Taste Like?
This cheeseburger meatloaf is well-seasoned and juicy. It tastes just like a cheeseburger! Adding cheese in the center makes it gooey, while ketchup and mustard glaze will make you think you’re at a burger joint.
Paula Deen Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Broiler Pan
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Chopping Board
- 1 pound Ground Chuck
- 10 slices Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and prepare the recipe in the meantime.
- Chop the onion, whisk the egg, and grate the cheddar cheese in separate bowls to prepare the recipe.
- Now cook the slices of bacon in a saucepan until crisp and crumble them.
- Mix the ground chuck, cooked and crumbled bacon, grated cheese, beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and yellow mustard.
- Stir less than half a cup of the ketchup mixture into the meat mixture and reserve the remaining ketchup mixture.
- Form the meat into a loaf and place it on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Spread the remaining ketchup mixture over a prepared loaf.
- Bake in an oven for 40 minutes or until the meatloaf is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove from the oven and top with fried onions.
You’ve seen the recipe for Paula Deen cheeseburger meatloaf all over the internet, and you’ve been dying to try it. But you need to figure out where to start.
Don’t worry, and we’re here to help. This step-by-step guide will show you how to make Paula Deen famous cheeseburger meatloaf as she does. It’s easy, and the results are delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can we use a different type of cheese?
You can try blue cheese, swiss, feta, etc., and you should experiment with these types of cheese in this recipe. You can also try both mild and sharp cheddar; however, the sharp cheddar is far better than the mild.
What to serve with meatloaf?
You can serve the American dish with the classic American “meat and potatoes” dinner. Fluffy Mashed Potatoes would be the most obvious, but you could pair the meatloaf with a simple Baked Potato. You can add a little green, like Steamed Green Beans, Oven Roasted Broccoli, or Roasted Brussels Sprouts, to your plate.
What can I use in meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs?
Crushed-up crackers would be the best substitute for baked dishes like meatballs or meatloaf. The crackers work the same as the bread crumbs to hold the meat mixture together.