Paula Deen carrot cake recipe is perfect for those who love healthy desserts. It will be your cake of the year.
This cake satiates your sugar rush and is packed with carrots, cinnamon, pecans, and creamy frosting. Check out the recipe below.
You can always make carrot cakes with a variety of ingredients. This recipe requires flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, eggs, oil, pecans, and salt.
Pour the batter into the baking pans and bake for forty minutes. Prepare cream cheese frosting and spread it on cakes. Enjoy the cake.
Paula Deen recommends adding cinnamon to give an intense flavor to the carrot cake. It gives a nice woodsy flavor to the cake.
Moreover, add pecans for a nutty flavor. You can also substitute pecans with walnuts, raisins, or pistachio. After all, it’s your cake. Customize the way you want.
Paula Deen carrot cake is closer to heaven. It’s a flavorful cake with grated carrots and beautiful frosting.
Let’s give this cake a shot. Refer to the recipe steps and note down the equipment to use.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Carrot Cake?
- Oven – Bake carrot cake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bowl – Prepare cake batter in the bowl.
- Hand Mixer – Use a hand mixer to beat the ingredients.
- Baking Pan – Pour cake batter into the baking pan.
- Palette Knife – Use a palette knife to spread the frosting on the cake.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Carrot Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Carrot Cake?
- Carrots – Use freshly grated carrots to make the carrot cake.
- Eggs – For binding the cake, add four eggs. Moreover, they add richness to the cake.
- Oil – Usually, cakes call for butter. But carrot cake needs oil. It keeps the cake moist.
- Cream Cheese – For a creamy frosting, you need cream cheese.
- Butter – Take salted butter to grease the baking pans.
- Vanilla Extract – Add vanilla extract to the frosting for a vanilla flavor.
- Powdered Sugar – Use powdered sugar for the frosting to make it stiff and have a pipeable consistency.
- Pecans – Add chopped pecans to the cake batter for a nutty flavor.
- Baking Soda – The best leavening agent that makes the cake rise. So, yes! It would be best if you had baking soda.
- All-Purpose Flour – Let’s remember the key ingredient here. All-purpose flour gives the base to the cake.
- Cinnamon – Add cinnamon for a warming and comforting flavor to the cake.
- Salt – Enhance the flavor of the cake with a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Carrot Cake
1. Prepare Batter
In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Then, add eggs and oil to it. Using a hand mixer, blend all the ingredients.
Add grated carrots to the same bowl along with chopped pecans. The batter is ready.
2. Bake Time
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take two baking pans and grease them with butter. Pour batter into the baking pans.
Bake for forty minutes. Insert a toothpick in the cakes and see if it comes out clean. The cakes are ready. Remove them from the oven and let them cool down for ten minutes.
For frosting, combine cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Stir in half a cup of pecans. The frosting is ready.
Spread the frosting on one cake and then on the second cake. Place cakes on each other and apply frosting on the sides.
Set the cake in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. The carrot cake is ready.
How Will Paula Deen Carrot Cake Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen carrot cake is a classic – super moist, tender, and colorful. It is spiced to perfection with a pinch of cinnamon.
Further, topped with luscious creamy frosting, it looks heavenly and beautiful. The pecans add a nice nutty flavor to the cake.
Paula Deen Carrot Cake Recipe
- Hand Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Palette Knife
- 3 cups Carrots (grated)
- 4 Eggs
- 1½ cups Oil
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Butter (salted)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 16 oz Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- Baking Soda
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Add eggs and oil. Combine everything using a hand mixer.
- Add grated carrots and pecans.
- The batter is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take two butter-greased baking pans and fill them up with cake batter.
- Bake for forty minutes.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the frosting, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla essence in the bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Spread the frosting on one cake and then on the second cake. Place the cakes on each other and cover the whole cake with frosting.
- Paula Deen’s carrot cake is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do carrot cakes use oil instead of butter?
Carrot cakes are always oil-based. The oil keeps them moist and helps the cake last longer. Also, it makes the cake extremely tender and soft. But make sure you use it sparingly, or your cake will be greasy.
Does carrot cake taste like carrots?
Carrots have subtle flavors. Therefore, other ingredients in the cake, like frosting and sugar, overpower the taste of carrots. So, it doesn’t taste like carrots but has a carrot texture.
What is the flavor of carrot cake?
Carrot cake flavors come from cinnamon, pecans, vanilla extract, carrots, and sugar. If you want to add ginger, it will add extra zing to the cake.
What is the frosting on carrot cake?
The frosting is made from cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and pecans. The frosting has a sweet, creamy, and nutty flavor.
Which ingredients are best to add to carrot cake?
You can add herbs and spices like cinnamon, clove, allspice, mint, nutmeg, and ginger. Also, you can make frosting with browned butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and molasses.
We have brought you something special today. This carrot cake has a special place in our hearts. It may remind you of your childhood memories as your grandmother bakes for you.
One slice of cake is never enough. So, how about baking it again in your kitchen? Come along with me as we make Paula Deen’s carrot cake.