Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie is a classic and easy recipe loved by everyone. A custardy pie that comes together quickly and easily with a light texture and a slightly tangy flavor.
The first thing you’ll want to do is preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then, combine the flour, sugar, melted butter, and beaten eggs in a bowl. Add Buttermilk, and mix until everything is well combined. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, and bake until the crust is golden brown.
Buttermilk pie has so many variations. Add chopped pecans to the top, a dollop of homemade whipped cream, or drizzle with a bit of blackberry syrup when serving. Nothing can beat the flavors of Paula Deen buttermilk pie paired with a cup of coffee or a sweet tea.
Paula Deen is known for her amazing buttermilk pie recipe, and today we’re going to show you how to make it just like she does. You only need a few simple ingredients and a little time in the kitchen. So gather your supplies, and let’s get started!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie?
- Microwave Oven – Microwave your buttermilk pie for 1 hour or until juices, start bubbling through slits in the crust.
- Electric Mixer – Combine sugar, melted butter, eggs, and all-purpose flour with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Microwave-safe Bowl – Put one stick of butter in a microwave-safe bowl to melt for the recipe.
- Small Plate – Cover the microwave-safe bowl of butter with a small plate until melted.
- Whisk – Beat the eggs in a bowl until the yolk and white are well combined and blended.
- Mixing Bowl – Combine the ingredients in bowls and stir well until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Spatula – Toss the ingredients with a spatula until well combined and even the mixture for easy baking.
- Oil Brush – Brush the pie with melted butter for a crispy crust.
- Wire Rack – Cool the pie down on a wire rack for about one hour before serving.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie?
- All-purpose Flour – For a tender crust, you will need all-purpose flour to form a workable, elastic dough.
- Pie Crust – Brush your pie crust with melted butter to create so that your crust stays crispy and golden once the filling is added.
- Whole Buttermilk has a tender, tangy texture that works best with a good, flaky pie shell.
- Butter – Melt the butter in an oven beforehand for a soft, buttery crumb.
- Eggs – Beat the eggs in a bowl to provide structure, richness, color, and flavor to buttermilk pie.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract will give the pie a caramel taste with a light floral note.
- Sugar – Sugar will tender the pie, adding sweetness to the filling.
- Raspberries – Garnish raspberries for slightly crunchy floral undertones with woody notes at the end.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie
1. Spare A Few Minutes
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F; meanwhile, you prepare the pie.
Place one stick of butter in a microwave-safe bowl and cover the bowl with a small plate. Heat butter at 50 percent power until melted.
Crack three large eggs into a bowl and beat the entire eggs with a whisk until the yolk and white are combined and have a uniform color.
2. Start With The Cooking
Beat sugar, melted butter, beaten eggs, and all-purpose flour with an electric mixer until combined.
Stir in buttermilk and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Brush your pie with the melted butter beforehand. Now pour the mixture into the pie crust and even it with a spatula.
3. Bake The Buttermilk Pie
Bake the pie at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes first. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for 50 minutes.
Pie is done when the center is firm and the edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie Look And Taste Like?
Sweet and slightly tangy, buttermilk pie is loved for its simplicity, and the filling has a creamy and smooth texture. The combination of flaky pie crust with rich, custardy filling is an instant winner, and vanilla extract makes up for the predominant flavors.
Paula Deen Buttermilk Pie Recipe
- Microwave Oven
- Electric Mixer
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Microwave-safe Plate
- Mixing Bowl
- Oil Brush
- Wire Rack
- 1 9-inch Frozen Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Butter (melted)
- 3 Large Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup Whole Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 Fresh Raspberries
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F; meanwhile, you prepare the pie.
- Place one stick of butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it.
- Beat three large eggs into a bowl until the yolk and white are well combined and have a uniform color.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, melted butter, beaten eggs, and all-purpose flour with a mixer until combined.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Now pour the mixture into the pie shell and even it with a spatula.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 1 hour until the center is firm and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I make this pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the pie crust and fill it ahead of time. Just store them separately in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble and bake the pie.
I don’t have a food processor. Can I still make the crust?
You can make the crust by hand using a pastry blender or fork.
What do I do if my pie cracks while baking?
Often a cracked pie is still totally delicious, and you can try to disguise the crack with some whipped cream or berries.
How do you thicken a pie filling?
All-purpose flour is an easy solution; since it’s lower in starch, you’ll use more than higher-starch thickeners. Quick-cooking tapioca makes the filling bright and clear but gives it a stippled and somewhat sticky texture.
This delicious pie is the perfect addition to any holiday feast and is surprisingly easy to make. You’ll need a few simple ingredients, including sugar, butter, eggs, and of course, Buttermilk.