Picture this! Your dinner table is decorated with the most scrumptious dishes by a celebrity chef! Sounds amazing, right? You can have this for real! Celebrate the Thanksgiving dinner with your family by having Paula Deen’s Brie en croute. It’s a cheesy dessert and goes well with any celebration meal. So, get ready to twine up the Thanksgiving bliss in Paula Deen Brie en croute and make your Thanksgiving dinner memorable.
As we already know! Paula Deen is the queen of comfort foods. So, it’s quite obvious that Paula Deen Brie en croute will be the wow factor of your Thanksgiving dinner. The golden crust of Brie en croute is extremely crispy. The Brie inside is loaded with sweet and delicious flavors of Brie cheese, walnuts, and cinnamon. It’s soft from the inside and has a cheesy flavor. You can serve it with crackers or other sides. Now, let’s get started with the recipe.
To have the recipe, check out the lists of ingredients and equipment first. It’ll help you to make Paula Deen Brie en croute easily with everything available at hand. Follow the instructions as mentioned and I’m sure your Thanksgiving dish will look and taste exactly as described below. But before you check it out, explore some other recipes from the celebrity chef, Paula Deen.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need For Paula Deen Brie En Croute?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to keep the ingredients like Brie, walnuts, eggs, etc., before using them in the recipe.
- Saucepan- Use a small or medium-sized saucepan to roast the walnuts.
- Spatula- You’ll need a spatula to stir the walnuts in the pan.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to beat the eggs in a bowl and spoon the Brie in the pastry dough.
- Baking Sheet- To bake the pastry for the recipe, you’ll need a baking sheet or cooking sheet.
- Kitchen Twine- Use kitchen twine to tie the dough on top of the Brie.
- Oven- This recipe is incomplete without an oven. So, make sure you have an oven to make the Brie en croute.
- Roasting tray- You can use an oven-proof tray or roasting tray to bake the Brie en croute in an oven.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Paula Deen Brie En Croute?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Paula Deen Brie En Croute?
- Sugar- Use one-fourth cup of brown sugar for this recipe.
- Egg- Beat an egg to brush the crust of Brie en croute.
- Brie cheese- Use a small wheel of Brie cheese for Brie en croute. It’s French cheese. It’s comparatively softer and has a rich buttery flavor. The flavor of Brie cheese becomes more earthy as it ages.
- Butter- Use a tablespoon of unsalted butter for Brie en croute.
- Walnuts- Add a half cup of chopped walnuts to give a nutty flavor to the Brie en croute.
- Pastry- Use one sheet of frozen puff pastry to wrap the filling of Brie en croute.
- Cinnamon- Use ground cinnamon for this recipe. Ground cinnamon adds a slightly spicy or candy flavor to Brie en croute.
- Crackers- Serve Brie en croute with crackers.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Brie En Croute
1. Prep the Brie
First off! Defrost a puff pastry sheet and unfold it. Add butter to a saucepan over medium heat and saute walnuts in the pan for about 5 minutes. Add cinnamon to the pan and stir to coat walnuts with cinnamon powder. Add these walnuts to brie, sprinkle some brown sugar on top of Brie.
2. Prep the pastry
Lay the puff pastry on a flat surface and spoon Brie in the center of the pastry. Gather the edges of the pastry on top (pressing around Brie). Gently squeeze the excess dough and tie it with kitchen twine. Brush some egg all over the pastry crust.
3. Bake and serve
Place the Brie on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden brown. Serve with crackers.
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||203 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Brie En Croute Look and Taste?
So, our little package for Thanksgiving is ready! Paula Deen Brie en croute has delicious crispy crust with sweet and nutty-flavored Brie inside. The Brie inside is sweetened with brown sugar and slightly spiced up with grounded cinnamon. Try this out and enjoy your Thanksgiving meal!
Paula Deen Brie En Croute Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Kitchen Twine
- Roasting Tray
- 8 ounces Brie Cheese
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 Unsalted Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Start by defrosting a sheet of puff pastry for 15 to 20 minutes. Add butter to a saucepan over medium heat and add walnuts to it. Roast them for about 5 minutes until they're golden brown.
- Now, add cinnamon powder and stir to coat the walnuts with cinnamon. Sprinkle these walnuts on the Brie and then sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Place the Brie in the center of the puff pastry and gather up the edges of this pastry. Squeeze the dough together and tie it up with kitchen twine. Brush this pastry surface with beaten egg.
- Place this Brie over the baking sheet in the roasting tray and bake in the preheated oven (375 F) for about 20 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden brown. Serve with crackers or any other sides.
I hope your recipe was as delicious as mentioned above. Share your views in the comments below. Also, try other holiday recipes.