Several beef stew recipes exist, but today we’ll focus on the classic version of Paula Deen beef stew recipe.
Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or your friends, having a clear and concise beef stew recipe is essential.
It’s an ultra-rich stew loaded with beef, colorful vegetables, and hot broth. Stay with me till the end for a flavorful recipe.
So to make this comfort food, firstly cook the meat. Flavor the meat with sauces, seasonings, and herbs. Cook on low heat for one and a half hours.
Then add vegetables to the pan. Last, add cornflour slurry to make the stew nice and thick. That’s it.
Beef stew absorbs the flavors from seasonings. So, ensure you add all the spices and herbs mentioned in the ingredient list.
Paula Deen guarantees a top-notch taste by following the right steps.
With all the delicious beef chunks, hearty vegetables, and warming broth, it’s hard to decide what you like best.
Give this beef stew a try. This article will provide detailed recipe steps, ingredient lists, and nutritional information.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Beef Stew?
- Saucepan – Cook delectable beef stew in the saucepan.
- Spatula – Use a wooden spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Bowl – Make a cornflour slurry into the bowl.
- Knife – Cut vegetables with a sharp knife to add to beef stew.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Beef Stew?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Hours|
|10 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Beef Stew?
- Beef – Brown the beef in the saucepan for ten minutes.
- Oil – Saute vegetables and meat in the oil.
- Water – Make a cornflour slurry with water.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add Worcestershire sauce to add tangy, sweet, and savory flavors to the beef stew.
- Garlic – Add garlic cloves to the beef stew for an intensely fragrant aroma.
- Onion – We need sliced onions to add to beef stew for perfect flavor.
- Celery – Chop celery and add it to the stew for refreshing flavors.
- Red Potatoes – We’ll need chopped red potatoes for a subtle, sweet flavor for this beef stew.
- Sugar – Add one teaspoon of sugar to balance the stew’s flavors.
- Cornstarch – Two tablespoons of cornstarch works as a thickening agent to achieve a thick consistency.
- Bay Leaves – What’s so special about bay leaves is that it adds a nice minty flavor to the recipes. When this herb is infused into the stew liquid, it creates magic.
- Paprika – Adding a teaspoon of paprika will spice up the stew.
- Allspice Powder – The allspice powder combines cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It adds an earthy and slightly bitter flavor to the recipe.
- Salt – A pinch of salt is added to the stew to balance flavors.
- Black Pepper – Add a dash of black pepper for a mild spiciness.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Beef Stew
1. Brown The Meat
Heat oil in the saucepan. Once hot, add stew beef in it. Cook until the meat is brown for ten minutes.
In the same pan, stir in water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic clove, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, black pepper, paprika, and allspice powder. Mix well all the spices and seasonings.
All these spices will bring aromatic flavors to the meat. Cover and cook for one and a half hours. Discard bay leaves and garlic clove.
2. Add Veggies
It’s time to add some freshly chopped vegetables. Add carrots, potatoes, and celery into the same saucepan. Cover and cook for forty minutes.
3. Thick And Nice
Remove two cups of liquid from the pan. Prepare a cornstarch slurry by combining ¼ cup of water with cornstarch.
Add the slurry of cornstarch into the saucepan and mix it well. Keep stirring until the liquid is bubbly. This will thicken the stew.
Turn off the flame once bubbles are formed on the top. Beef stew is ready to serve.
How Will Paula Deen Beef Stew Look And Taste Like?
The Paula Deen beef stew delights the taste buds with rich flavors and textures. The stew has chunks of beef, which adds to its richness.
Furthermore, the vegetables add color and crunch to the stew. The seasonings and spices add delectable flavors.
The hot broth combines everything in a bowl to give you a satisfying stew.
Paula Deen Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 Ib Beef
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 3 Celery (chopped)
- 4 quartered Red Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Allspice Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat oil in the saucepan and stew beef in it.
- Cook until brown for ten minutes.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic clove, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, black pepper, paprika, and allspice powder.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook for one and a half hours.
- Discard bay leaves and garlic clove
- Stir in water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice powder. Mix well all the spices and seasonings.
- All these spices will bring aromatic flavors to the meat. Cover and cook for one and a half hours.
- Discard bay leaves and garlic clove.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and celery to the saucepan.
- Cover and cook for forty minutes.
- Remove some liquid from the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water and make a cornflour slurry.
- Mix well the flurry of cornstarch into the saucepan.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- Paula Deen Beef stew is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What gives the beef stew its flavor?
For the best-tasting beef stew, brown the meat in the pan properly. Add onion, garlic, and another aromatic seasoning to enhance the taste.
Should I brown stew meat first?
Yes! To cook beef stew, the first thing you need to do is brown the meat. So, the meat is cooked properly before adding veggies and seasonings.
Which spices are best for stew?
Add basil, rosemary, paprika, parsley, celery seed, and oregano for the flavorful beef stew.
What is a good thickener for stew?
You can use three main thickening agents for the beef stew. They are all-purpose flour, cornflour, and arrowroot. These three agents work great for thickening gravy.
What vegetables are good in the beef stew?
For beef stew, go for root vegetables, mushrooms, eggplant, fennel, cauliflower, and hearty green veggies. They add the perfect texture to the beef stew.
Whether you are hosting a get-together party with friends or having a comfort meal with family – this beef stew will take up the charge to make everyone happy.
Each element in the stew is already a perfection!