Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make pasta dish? Look no further than Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti! This dish is packed with flavor, and it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
All you need is ground beef, some onions, a jar of pasta sauce, and a pound of spaghetti. Just mix everything and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes!
So many meat options go well with spaghetti, and you can easily swap out ground turkey or chicken as a lighter alternative to beef.
For a slightly spicier and more flavorful option, try ground sausage. Besides cheese, sprinkle some crushed cheesling biscuits or breadcrumbs for a cheese-crunchy mouth-feel.
Let us now dive into the recipe for Paula Deen baked spaghetti. You will find essential equipment, ingredients and nutritional information while scrolling down the cheesy and bubbly spaghetti.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti?
- Oven – Bake the spaghetti in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Baking Pan – A baking pan is required to hold the spaghetti batter.
- Stockpot – Combine diced veggies and sauces with herbs, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves in a large pot until it forms a sauce.
- Skillet – Cook the crumbled ground beef in a large skillet until it’s browned with no pink color remaining.
- Spatula – Toss the ingredients well with a flat-surfaced spatula to avoid lumps and even baking.
- Knife – Slice the veggies of your choice into chunks with the help of a sharp knife.
- Cheese Grater – Grate cheddar and Monterey jack cheese with the help of a cheese grater for a cheesy bite.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the veggies before slicing them to avoid mess.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||1 Hour 5 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti?
- Angel Hair Pasta – Cook angel hair pasta as it has more surface area than any other strand pasta, so you get more sauce in each bite.
- Ground Beef – Cook crumbled ground beef in a saucepan until it’s browned with no pink color remaining to spice up its umami flavor.
- Tomatoes – Dice the tomatoes to add a more complex flavor to the spaghetti.
- Green Bell Pepper – Green bell pepper is the chief ingredient in this classic casserole. Dice them into chunks for a crunchy bite and a slightly sweet taste.
- Onion – Dice the onion and cook it in a stockpot to add sweetness to the spaghetti.
- Garlic – Mince garlic cloves to add to the sauce for a more distinct and powerful flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese – Add a layer of grated cheese for a sharp and intense flavor.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Add a layer of grated Monterey jack cheese for a mild buttery spaghetti flavor with a compact and supple texture.
- Tomato Sauce – Add tomato sauce to the spaghetti sauce for an umami flavor.
- Water – Add cups of water to the stockpot to boil the veggies.
- Paula Deen’s House Seasoning – Sprinkle Pual Deen’s house into the spaghetti sauce to get an intense and spicy flavor.
- Paula Deen Seasoned Salt – Add Paula Deen seasoned salt to deepen the recipe’s flavor.
- Italian Seasoning – Italian seasoning will add an earthy, piney flavor with sweet and peppery notes.
- Parsley – Chop the parsley into chunks for a clean and slightly peppery taste.
- Bay Leaves – Add bay leaves while preparing the spaghetti sauce to add minty flavor and bitterness with subtle hints of black pepper and Christmas tree pine.
- Sugar – Sprinkle sugar into a saucepan to balance the sauce’s flavor.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti
1. Chop-Chop The Pantry Staples
Let’s start by dicing two cups of tomatoes, half a cup of green bell pepper, and onion into chunks and keep them aside.
Mince two garlic cloves and chop 1/4 cup of fresh parsley to add to the spaghetti. Grate the cheese and put it aside. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sauce Preparation
Then, combine diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, tomato sauce, water, minced garlic, chopped parsley, Italian seasoning, sugar, and bay leaves in a large pot.
Boil the sauce mixture over high heat, then simmer it and cover it for 1 hour.
3. Preparing The Baked Spaghetti
Crumble the ground beef with your hands in a large skillet. Cook your ground beef over medium heat until it’s browned with no pink color remaining.
Once it is cooked, drain the excess fat and simmer it for 20 minutes more. Add the cooked beef to the stockpot, stir everything together, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
While the beef is cooking and the sauce is preparing, cook your spaghetti according to the package directions. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it.
4. Bake The Spaghetti
Cover the bottom of a 13 by nine by 2-inch pan with prepared sauce. Add a layer of cooked pasta followed by a layer of grated cheese. Repeat the layering part and end with the sauce.
Bake the spaghetti in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Top the dish with the grated cheese and place it in the oven.
Bake the spaghetti for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cool the spaghetti for a few minutes so you can enjoy it!
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen baked spaghetti is the perfect comfort food. The beef and tomato sauce is so flavorful, and the cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses add perfect creaminess. It’s all about that melty layer of cheese on top. The baking has added a crispy crust that is such a delicious contrast to the tender goodness of the dish.
Paula Deen Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- Baking Pan
- Chopping Board
- 8 oz Angel Hair Pasta (uncooked)
- 1 ½ lbs Ground Beef
- 2 cups Canned Tomatoes (diced)
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- ½ cup Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Paula Deen’s House Seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons Paula Deen Seasoned Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sugar
- Dice tomatoes, green bell pepper, and onion into chunks and keep them aside.
- Mince garlic cloves and chop fresh parsley to add to the spaghetti.
- Grate the cheese and keep it aside. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, tomato sauce, water, minced garlic, chopped parsley, Italian seasoning, Paula Deen seasonings, sugar, and bay leaves in a large pot.
- Boil the sauce mixture over high heat, simmer it and cover it for 1 hour.
- Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet. Cook your ground beef over medium heat until it’s browned with no pink color remaining.
- Once the beef is cooked, drain any excess grease and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef to the stockpot, stir everything together, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cook your spaghetti according to the package directions. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it.
- Cover the bottom of a 13 by nine by 2-inch pan with prepared sauce. Add a layer of cooked pasta and a layer of grated cheese. Repeat the layering part and end with the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Top the dish with the grated cheese and place it in the oven.
- Bake the spaghetti for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let it cool for a few minutes so you can enjoy it!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should I cover pasta while baking?
It’s better to cover the pasta while baking to ensure the spaghetti is warm and bubbly, allowing heat circulation and even baking. A sheet of aluminum foil does the trick.
How do you spice up spaghetti?
Add red pepper flakes, dehydrated or fresh garlic, dried oregano, parsley, basil, or an Italian seasoning blend to spice up your bland spaghetti.
What is the secret to good spaghetti?
Cook spaghetti in water, drain it, and then toss it with sauce; you pour a lot of flavors down the drain. The trick to good pasta is cooking it in the sauce.
How do you make spaghetti moisture?
If the pasta still looks too dry, add the starchy water until the spaghetti sauce is silky and creamy. Season the pasta water to enhance the sauce instead of diluting it.
Paula Deen baked spaghetti recipe is so easy to make. The ground beef and tomato sauce create a rich and hearty flavor, while the cheese and Italian seasoning give it a nice kick. If you’re looking for a comforting and satisfying meal, try this at your home now.