Macaroni and cheese has always been the ultimate comfort food and there’s no denying that a steaming bowl of macaroni with yummy cheese makes the dullest days bright. There are a lot of versions that take a different route to the classic mac and cheese. One such is Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese recipe.
Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese has not one or two but seven different kinds of cheeses. All are combined together to give different textures and powerful flavor to the dish. It is a hearty dish and not for the faint-hearted. With additions like shrimp, lobster and paprika, it is only bound to be one of the best macaroni and cheese you ever had.
To make Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese, cook the macaroni and then stir in the pan with melted butter. In a bowl, mix the different kinds of cheese. Apply butter to a casserole dish and put the macaroni, cheese, shrimp, lobster, eggs, half-and-half, salt and paprika in it. Bake it for 45 minutes until golden.
This was just a brief summary of the recipe. Find all the information down below, starting with the ingredients.
Ingredients For Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 packet Macaroni
- 8 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Muenster Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Monetary Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Provolone Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Velveeta Cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 lb. sautéed Shrimp (chopped)
- 1/2 lb. steamed Lobster (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- Salt (as per taste)
You can get all the ingredients from any supermarket easily. Now, let’s see how much time it will take to make the Patti Labelle’s macaroni and cheese at home.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour|
Now, you have an approximate idea about the time consumption. Now, let’s see the instructions which will help in making this Macaroni and Cheese recipe by Patti Labelle.
Steps To Make Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese
- At 350°, preheat the oven.
- In a pot, boil water. Add macaroni, oil and salt. Cook it for 5-7 minutes. After boiling of macaroni, drain the water.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add macaroni in it and stir.
- Add all the cheeses to a bowl and mix them.
- Apply butter to a casserole dish and put the macaroni in it. Then, add cheeses, chopped shrimp, chopped lobster, half and half, eggs, seasoned salt and lastly, paprika.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake it at 325° for 45 minutes, until it will become golden and bubbly.
Finally, your Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese is ready! Let’s check the nutritional content of this mac and cheese recipe in the table below.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese
Here is the nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
How To Make Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese At Home | Video
I have added Patti LaBelle’s video of making her delicious macaroni and cheese. Watch it and you’ll understand the steps of the recipe better.
This was it! If you liked this recipe, tell me in the comments about your experience of making and tasting it. Also, any suggestions and queries are welcome. Leave them in the comments below and I’ll make sure to read them and help you in the best way possible. Till then, happy eating!