Macaroni and cheese has always been the ultimate comfort food and there’s no denying that a steaming bowl of macaroni with yummy cheese makes the dullest days bright. There are a lot of versions that take a different route to the classic mac and cheese. One such is Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese recipe.
Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese has not one or two but seven different kinds of cheeses. All are combined together to give different textures and powerful flavor to the dish. It is a hearty dish and not for the faint-hearted. With additions like shrimp, lobster and paprika, it is only bound to be one of the best macaroni and cheese you ever had.
To make Patti LaBelle’s macaroni and cheese, cook the macaroni and then stir in the pan with melted butter. In a bowl, mix the different kinds of cheese. Apply butter to a casserole dish and put the macaroni, cheese, shrimp, lobster, eggs, half-and-half, salt and paprika in it. Bake it for 45 minutes until golden.
This was just a brief summary of the recipe. Find all the information down below, starting with the ingredients. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Christian Petroni Polenta– The polenta is one of Christian Petroni’s signature dishes and is quite famous in his restaurants. It is a simple dish made of soft polenta that serves as an excellent base for sauces.
2. Chef John’s Refried Beans– This recipe was made so famous by John Armand Mitzewich, also known as Chef John. The reason why his name is associated with this dish is that due to his added flavors, these Beans got a new twist making them more delicious.
3. Alton Brown’s Grilled Sandwich– This recipe is nothing like the one you know. He makes a point about the authenticity of the name and believes in actually grilling the bread and the cheese, and only then calls it a ‘grilled cheese sandwich.
4. Jamie Oliver’s French Onion Soup– If you are looking for a soup that is creamy, smooth and comforting, look no further. Jamie Oliver’s French soup is smooth with delicious French bread and cheese to make it even better. It has a variety of herbs and is equally delicious and healthy.
Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 packet Macaroni
- 8 tbsp. Melted Butter
- ½ cup Muenster Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Mild Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Monetary Jack Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Provolone Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Velveeta Cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ lb. Sautéed Shrimp (chopped)
- ½ lb. Steamed Lobster (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- Salt (as per taste)
- At 350°, preheat the oven.
- In a pot, boil water. Add macaroni, oil and salt. Cook it for 5-7 minutes. After boiling of macaroni, drain the water.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add macaroni in it and stir.
- Add all the cheeses to a bowl and mix them.
- Apply butter to a casserole dish and put the macaroni in it. Then, add cheeses, chopped shrimp, chopped lobster, half and half, eggs, seasoned salt and lastly, paprika.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake it at 325° for 45 minutes, until it will become golden and bubbly.