Patatas bravas is a great option to try if you are going for a Spanish cuisine and today I will be giving its recipe to you all.
Knowing the history of a recipe before cooking makes it more interesting. So i would like to tell you all that patatas bravas is considered an iconic dish that originated in Madrid. The original recipe consisted of bite-sized, irregular chunks of fried potatoes dressed with a spicy sauce consisting of a lot of tomatoes and served hot.
To make patatas bravas, heat some oil and fry onions in it. Add other chopped tomatoes, garlic, sweet paprika, tomato puree, sugar and chilli powder, seasoning and boil everything. Cook it properly, dry it and roast the potatoes. Serve it with sauce and parsley.
This is just a summary of the recipe. As you go on, you will get to the proper details regarding the ingredients and the quantity required to make it perfect. Please take a note of the ingredients first, followed by the time taken, steps involved in making it. Begin with the preparation as soon as you get the ingredients.
1. Berenjenas Con Miel– Berenjenas Con Miel is a fried eggplant and honey dish. This dish is a great combination of sweetness and saltiness. It is a classic dish of Moorish origin and is served across Granada, Córdoba, Málaga and Jaén.
2. Humboldt Fog Brulee– Humboldt is basically aged goal milk cheese. This cheese was originated in California. I was watching this cooking show on the BBC and then I came to know about this kind of dish.
3. Rumbledethumps– Rumbledethumps is a traditional dish that has its origin from the Scottish borders. It is basically served as a main dish and is very special in Scotland.
4. Curry Couscous– This recipe can be made really quick and is healthy. It is a low-fat dish filled with flavours served as a side dish with any form of meat or fish.
Ingredients For Patatas Bravas
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 225g chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 900g Cubically chopped potatoes
The ingredients of this recipe are easily accessible in any nearby supermarket. Some of them can be found in your kitchen. So, check them first in your home and then go to the supermarket if you think something is missing out. Now let’s see how much time you need to make this dish.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Patatas Bravas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||50 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes|
Making patatas bravas is very simple but it involves many steps and therefore takes a little longer to be made. Now let’s check out its detailed stepwise method so that you can prepare it perfectly.
Steps To Make Patatas Bravas
- Take a pan and heat some oil in it.
- Then add in the onions and fry them for 4- 5 minutes till they get tender.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, sweet paprika, tomato puree, sugar, chilli powder and salt by taste.
- Now boil everything properly and keep stirring it.
- Now lower down the flame and let it cook for 11 more minutes till it becomes pulpy.
- For best results, let it get chilled for about 1 day.
- Now dry up the potatoes with kitchen paper, add it into a roasting container, add in some olive oil, and season it well.
- Now roast it for almost 41-50 minutes till they get crispy and a little brownish.
- At last, serve it with tomato sauce and fresh parsley.
Let me tell you the potatoes need to be properly roasted or it’ll not taste good.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Patatas Bravas
How To Make Patatas Bravas At Home | Video
A video is down below for you to know how exactly this patatas bravas is made. Watch it and clear all your doubts and confusions.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!