Patatas bravas is a great and light roasted potato snack. This starter from Spanish cuisine is pretty simple to make and fulfills your savory cravings. It demands a bit of prep but once you get beyond that, it’s all smooth sailing.
Knowing the history of a recipe before cooking makes it more interesting. So I would like to tell you all that patatas bravas is considered an iconic dish that originated in Madrid. The original recipe consisted of bite-sized, irregular chunks of fried potatoes dressed with a spicy sauce consisting of a lot of tomatoes and served hot.
To make patatas bravas, heat some oil in a pan and fry onions in it. Then, add tomatoes, garlic, sweet paprika, and tomato puree to it. Also, add sugar, chili powder, and seasoning to it and bring it to a boil. Cook it until it dried and becomes pulpy. Then, roast the potatoes in the oven. Serve the potatoes with the sauce and garnish them with parsley.
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe along with the details below. There are other recipes on the blog that you may like, check them out.
1. Berenjenas Con Miel– Berenjenas Con Miel is a fried eggplant and honey dish. This dish is a great combination of sweetness and saltiness. It is a classic dish of Moorish origin and is served across Granada, Córdoba, Málaga, and Jaén.
2. Humboldt Fog Brulee– Humboldt is basically aged goat milk cheese. This cheese was originated in California. I was watching this cooking show on the BBC and then I came to know about this kind of dish.
3. Rumbledethumps– Rumbledethumps is a traditional dish that has its origin from the Scottish borders. It is basically served as a main dish and is very special in Scotland.
4. Curry Couscous– This recipe can be made really quick and is healthy. It is a low-fat dish filled with flavors served as a side dish with any form of meat or fish.
Ingredients For Patatas Bravas
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 225g Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 pinch Chili Powder
- ½ cup Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 900g potatoes (cubed)
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Patatas Bravas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||50 minutes||1 hour 20 minutes|
Steps To Make Patatas Bravas
- Take a pan and heat some oil in it.
- Then, add the onions to it and fry them for 4-5 minutes until they get tender.
- Now, add the tomatoes, garlic, sweet paprika, tomato puree, sugar, chilli powder, and salt to it.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and keep stirring it.
- Now, lower the flame and let it cook for 11-12 more minutes until it becomes pulpy.
- For best results, let it chill for about 1 day.
- Then, dry up the potatoes using paper towels and place them on a roasting pan. Drizzle some olive oil over them and season them well with
- Now roast it for almost 45-50 minutes till they get crispy and a little brownish.
- At last, serve it with tomato sauce and fresh parsley.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Patatas Bravas