Today I will be sharing with you the recipe of a sandwich you will drool upon. The recipe is of a homemade Pastrami sandwich.
I love making this sandwich because making it is super easy and quick too. Pastrami Sandwich is also considered as New York’s signature sandwich. I had my first Pastrami sandwich in one of New York’s restaurant. Since then, I crave for the sandwich as good as they serve. And suddenly it crossed my mind to try making it at home. I tried making it at home and it turned out great.
Pastrami sandwich can be prepared by spreading the Russian salad on one side of both the bread slices. Now, top one slice with cheese and pastrami and slaw on the other slice of the bread. Press the slices together and voila, your sandwich is ready.
You will know about the quantity of the ingredients required to make this sandwich. You can have this sandwich at any time of the day. It makes a great meal for sure. Take a note of them and grab them to get started. Let’s take a look.
Ingredients For Pastrami Sandwich
For Russian Dressing
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup-Style Chili Sauce1/2 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce (for taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt (for taste)
For Pastrami Sandwich
- 1 cup Shredded Coleslaw
- 1-3 tablespoons Russian Dressing
- 2 slices Sara Lee Artesano Bread
- 7 oz Sliced Pastrami (for taste)
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
These are the ingredients that goes in a pastrami sandwich. Make a list of the ingredients before heading out to the supermarket. Do not forget to check your pantry first, as you may find a few or all of them there. Now take a look at the time this dish takes to be prepared.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Pastrami Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||NIL||10 minutes|
Your sandwich will be ready in just 10 minutes. So whenever you feel hunger pangs, this sandwich is going to be your savior for sure. Look at the steps below you need to prepare it.
Steps To Make Pastrami Sandwich
For Russian Dressing
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients mentioned above for making the Russian dressing.
- Whisk them together and season with salt.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator until use.
- Take two slices of bread and spread the Russian dressing on one side of the bread slices.
- Place pastrami and cheese over one bread slice. Spread slaw on the other slice. Gently place one slice on the other, making a sandwich.
- Warm it on a skillet. Serve warm.
A good pastrami sandwich depends on the quality of bread. So make sure you get a good quality bread for making this sandwich. You can also make pastrami at your place. You can even serve this as a cold sandwich. You can cut the sandwich into two. This will help in serving it to two people.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Pastrami Sandwich
Let’s check out the nutritional breakdown of this classic pastrami sandwich.
How To Make Pastrami Sandwich At Home | Video
Do try this recipe. Also, watch the video I have uploaded of the recipe to know more details.
In case you have any queries, do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section below. I will try to help you with my best knowledge. You can also suggest me some recipe to share with you. This will be a great idea to help you with what you want. Till then, take care and be healthy.