Parsley sauce is an English sauce famous among the school kids for a long time. Parsley sauce is easy to make and can be incredibly delicious too. This classic parsley sauce goes well with meats like roasted ham, white fish and salmon fishcakes. It can be used in lasagne by replacing the basic white sauce used in it. Its creaminess and herbs make it an excellent addition to any dish. This creamy sauce is complemented with Cod, Salmon and ham.
Now you can bid goodbye to the readymade sauce and make your parsley sauce as per your taste buds. It is going to be the best homemade sauce and will add some creaminess to your dish.
So without waiting more, let’s check out the recipe to make this Parsley Sauce at home. But first, we need to gather the ingredients required to make this tasty sauce.
Ingredients for Parsley Sauce
|All Purpose Flour||25 g|
|Salt and white pepper||To taste|
|Parsley finely chopped||4 tablespoons|
I also find it better than any store-packed sauce as you have a full check on what goes into it. This homemade sauce is healthier than the packed sauce sold on the supermarket shelves, as there will be no preservatives added to it. You don’t require a particular skill to make this simple sauce.
All its ingredients are readily available at any supermarket or you might have them all in your kitchen only. Parsley sauce is easy to make at home and I always make mine as it only takes about 10 minutes to make.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 minute||20 minutes||Minutes|
Parsley sauce is easy to make at home and I always make mine as it only takes about 10 minutes to make. Let me show you how to make the best sauce for cod or any other fish at home from scratch using this step by step guide.
Parsley Sauce Recipe
- Take a saucepan and melt the butter in it on a medium flame. Then to the melted butter, add flour and cook it for 1–2 minutes by continuously stirring till its rawness goes away.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add some milk to the sauce to make it smooth as per requirement. Now, bring a boil to this sauce while stirring it continuously.
- Cook the sauce for another 8–10 minutes and season it with some salt and white pepper as per the taste
- Finally, stir in the parsley and serve.
- This homemade sauce can be stored for about a day or two and it can be reheated if required.
- Do not freeze the parsley sauce as it will affect its creamy texture and the sauce may separate.
- If you find your sauce is thick, then add some milk to it and if you find it to be thin, then add a mixture of water and flour to it. Again bring it to boil to get the desired texture.
- Cover the sauce with a clingfilm to avoid skin formation on it.
- Add some lemon juice into the sauce to give some tanginess to it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Parsley Sauce
This recipe of Parsley Sauce is 100% homemade and it contains fresh and healthy ingredients. That’s why I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this sauce below.
How to Make Parsley Sauce at Home | Video
I’ve added the recipe video of this Parsley Sauce below. After watching this video, it’ll be easier for you to prepare this sauce at your home.
I hope you’ve liked this English Parsley Sauce recipe. I highly recommend it to each of you to try this sauce and see how it’ll elevate your food taste. If you have any sauces in your mind that you want at thefoodxp blog, do let us know in the comments below.