Parsley sauce has been quite famous among school kids for a long time. This classic sauce goes well with meats like roasted ham, white fish and salmon fishcakes. In this post, let’s how easily you can make the recipe at your home.
The sauce is very easy to make and gives a good aroma. The creamy texture of the recipe makes it an excellent addition to any cuisine. You can also even use it in lasagna by replacing the basic white sauce used in it. Now, let’s see how you can make the sauce in just 3 steps.
To make parsley sauce, add flour in melted butter and then add the milk to the roux. Boil the mixture to make it smooth. Cook for another 8-10 minutes and season with salt and pepper. At last, stir in the parsley and serve.
So easy recipe, right? But make sure you go through the detailed recipe mentioned below to maintain the authenticity of the sauce. Now, let’s grab some parsley and other ingredients for making the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cheese Sauce– The sauce was originated in Jackson, Mississippi. It got its name from a tradition in Mississippi to say “You all comeback” instead of “goodbye” or “see you later.” It has got a taste similar to thousand island sauce.
2. Raisin Sauce– The sauce has got a sweet and sour flavor, which amplifies the taste of the food. If you’re preparing for any special occasion, then prepare it in advance as you can store it in the refrigerator and reheat it during the time of use.
3. Gyoza Sauce– Gyoza is one of the major dishes consumed during the Chinese New Year. It is quite famous in East Asia and in the western world.
4. Melba Sauce– Whenever I think of making something from raspberries, melba sauce is on my priority list. This sauce is an awesome add-on for waffles, ice cream and pancakes.
Parsley Sauce Recipe
- 25 g Butter
- 25 g All Purpose Flour
- 200 ml Milk
- Salt and White Pepper
- 4 tbsp Finely Chopped Parsley
- Take a saucepan and melt the butter it on a medium flame. Then to the melted butter, add flour and cook it for 1–2 minutes by continuously stirring till its rawness goes away.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add some milk to the sauce to make it smooth as per requirement. Now, bring a boil to this sauce while stirring it continuously.
- Cook the sauce for another 8–10 minutes and season it with some salt and white pepper as per the taste
- Finally, stir in the parsley and serve.
- This homemade sauce can be stored for about a day or two and can be reheated if required.
- Do not freeze the parsley sauce as it will affect its creamy texture and the sauce may separate.
- If you find your sauce is thick, then add some milk to it and if you find it to be thin, then add a mixture of water and flour to it. Again bring it to a boil to get the desired texture.
- Cover the sauce with a cling film to avoid skin formation on it.
- Add some lemon juice into the sauce to give some tanginess to it.
I hope you’ve liked this English Parsley Sauce recipe. I highly recommend it to each of you to try this sauce and see how it’ll elevate your food taste. If you have any sauces in your mind that you want at thefoodxp blog, do let us know in the comments below.