The recipe that I am going to share today is a great appetizer. The recipe is Pan Con Tamate.
It is a Spanish dish that involves no cooking at all, except making the bread crispy. It is quite a simple recipe that will be loved at parties or as a side dish with a salad. This combination of bread and tomatoes is treated as a traditional food in Spain.
Pan Con Tamate is made by preparing the tomato mixture at first by grating the flesh of tomatoes and season with salt. Make the bread crispy using the broiler. As the bread turns crispy, rub it with garlic cloves. Spread the tomato mixture over the bread, drizzle some olive oil and season with salt.
You will get more specifications on the recipe below. Follow them precisely to make a perfect snack. Now, take a look at the ingredients of the recipe to work upon. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Berenjenas Con Miel– Berenjenas Con Miel is a fried eggplant and honey dish. This dish is a great combination of sweetness and saltiness. It is a classic dish of Moorish origin and is served across Granada, Córdoba, Málaga and Jaén.
2. Open Faced Texas Burger– Open faced burger consists of more than one food item on a slice of the burger bun. It can be consumed as breakfast, lunch, supper, or an evening snack.
3. Patatas Bravas– Patatas bravas is a great option to try if you are going for a Spanish cuisine. The original recipe consisted of bite-sized, irregular chunks of fried potatoes dressed with a spicy sauce consisting of a lot of tomatoes and served hot.
4. Texas Black Bean Soup– This chunky homemade wholesome Texas black bean soup can simmer all day in your slow cooker. Made with canned items, it’s a healthy but effortless family meal.
Ingredients For Pan Con Tamate
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes (ripe)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 loaf ciabatta (split in half horizontally)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic (split in half)
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon or fleur de sel
The ingredients you need for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you want from the supermarket. Also take a look at the time required to make this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Pan Con Tamate?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|7 Minutes||3 Minutes||10 Minutes|
It is definitely an easy-peasy recipe. In only 10 minutes, you will be able to grab a bite of this dish. Let’s see what we need to do in these 10 minutes of time.
Steps To Make Pan Con Tamate
- Slit the tomatoes horizontally into two halves. Using a grater, grate the tomatoes in a large bowl. Make sure you only grate the flesh of the tomatoes and not the skin. Discard the skin of the tomatoes. Season the grated flesh of the favorites with kosher salt.
- Now, preheat the broiler to a high temperature. Place a rack below the broiler. On this rack, set the tray and place bread in it or place the bread directly on the rack. Broil the bread until it gets crispy and begins to char on the edges. This may take 2-3 minutes.
- After it is done, remove the bread and rub split garlic cloves over it. Spread the tomato mixture over the bread and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over it. Season the bread with flaky sea salt.
- Serve immediately.
Do not keep the bread after it is made. Serve it as soon as possible as the crispiness might vanish and the bread might get soggy.
Nutritional Breakdown of Pan Con Tamate
The dish sounds healthy and it definitely is healthy. Take a look on its nutritional composition.
How To Make Pan Con Tamate At Home | Video
Do refer the video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe. This recipe video is similar to the one mentioned in this article.You can keep it on the menu for any drinks party you might plan to host. It tastes great with drinks.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!