Pad Thai is a great stir-fried recipe and is a recipe from Thai cuisine. This recipe is easy to make and would be ready in no time. All you need to do is follow the instructions and you can have delicious Pad Thai in just 30 minutes.
Fret not if you are not familiar with Pad Thai. It is a stir-fry dish with rice noodles, shrimp, chicken as the primary ingredients. It is a prominent dish in Thai cuisine. I researched and learned how to cook pad Thai at home. When I made it for the first time, I was amazed by its incredible taste.
To make Pad Thai, cook the noodles in salted water. Then, mix brown sugar, lime juice, cayenne pepper, fish sauce, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Heat some oil in a pan and cook bell peppers, garlic, and shrimp. When cooked, add egg and cook it as well. After that, add the cooked noodles and the sauce mixture. Toss well to combine all ingredients. Garnish it with green onions and peanuts.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Sous Vide Asparagus– Sous vide is a very famous cooking technique in which the food is sealed in an airtight bag and cooked in temperature-controlled water. This amazing preparation of asparagus with lemon and salt is really very simple.
2. Carne Asada Taco Vampire– This is a gluten-free, egg-free, vegan, and lactose-free dish. It is really healthy and yummy. This can be served with rice or with beans. This hot and spicy dish is Carne Asada Taco Vampire which is a hybrid between a tostada and a taco.
3. Amaya’s Migas– Migas is the main dish made with eggs and torn-up tortillas. You can not only have this recipe as dinner, but it also makes a great breakfast. This recipe is given by Robert Amaya.
4. Dahi Gosht– Dahi Ghost (also known as Curd Lamb Curry) is a thick, creamy meat curry that is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Ghost is popular for its deliciousness and spicy taste.
Pad Thai Recipe
- Large Pot
- Large Non-Stick Pan
- 8 oz Wide Rice Noodles
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Roasted Peanuts (chopped)
- 2 Eggs (lightly whisked)
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ¼ tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Firstly, the noodles are to be cooked in a large pot of salted boiling water until they are tender. Then, drain the water.
- Mix brown sugar, lime juice, cayenne pepper, fish sauce, and soy sauce in a large bowl and leave it undisturbed.
- Take a large non-stick pan and heat oil in it over medium-high heat.
- Next, add the bell pepper to the pan and cook for some time.
- Add garlic and stir it. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Now, add the shrimp. Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Let it cook per side for about the next two minutes.
- Now, keep shrimp and vegetables towards the pan's side and add the egg to the pan.
- Stir it well and mix it with shrimp mixture.
- Now, add the cooked noodles and toss until they are combined properly.
- Following this, add the lime juice mixture and toss again such that the noodles get evenly covered.
- Garnish it green onions and roasted peanuts and serve it.