Thai recipes are one of the most incredible and lip-smacking dishes you would ever lay your hands on. Pad Thai is one of the most famous street foods of Thailand. You can find it in Thai restaurants as well. Yet homemade Pad Thai has no comparison.
I too had decided after consuming Pad Thai at a restaurant that I would make it on my own, come what may. I researched and learnt how to cook pad Thai at home. When I made it for the first time, I was amazed by its incredible taste.
Not only it is easy to make, but it is also less time-consuming. Just 30 minutes and you have delicious Pad Thai on your plates. This Thai delicacy is a must-eat food.
Stir-fried with rice noodles and other ingredients, Pad Thai is surely going to surprise you with its taste and odour. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Sous Vide Asparagus– Sous vide is a very famous cooking technique in which the food is sealed in an airtight bag and cooked in temperature-controlled water. This amazing preparation of asparagus with lemon and salt is really very simple.
2. Carne Asada Taco Vampire– This is a gluten-free, egg-free, vegan, and lactose-free dish. It is really healthy and yummy. This can be served with rice or with beans. This hot and spicy dish is Carne Asada Taco Vampire which is a hybrid between a tostada and a taco.
3. Amaya’s Migas– Migas is a main dish made with eggs and torn-up tortillas. You can not only have this recipe as dinner, but it also makes a great breakfast. This recipe is given by Robert Amaya.
4. Dahi Gosht– Dahi Ghost (also known as Curd Lamb Curry) is a thick, creamy meat curry that is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Ghost is popular for its deliciousness and spicy taste.
Pad Thai Recipe Ingredients
|Wide rice noodles||8 oz|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp|
|Brown sugar||2 tbsp|
|Fish sauce||1 tbsp|
|Low medium soy sauce||1 tbsp|
|Cayenne pepper||1/4 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Bell pepper, thinly sliced||1|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Eggs, lightly whisked||2 eggs|
|Shrimp, peeled and deveined||1 lb|
|Green onions, thinly sliced||2|
|Roasted peanuts , chopped||1/4 cups|
|Kosher salt and ground black pepper||1 pint each ( as per requirement)|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
Pad Thai Recipe
- Firstly, the noodles are to be cooked in a large salted boiling water until they are tender. Then drain the water out.
- Mix brown sugar, lime juice, cayenne pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce and soy sauce together in a large bowl and leave it undisturbed.
- Take a large non-stick pan to heat oil in it over medium-high heat.
- Next, stir in bell pepper and cook until they are smooth.
- Add garlic and stir it. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Now, add the shrimp. Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Let it cook per side for about the next two minutes
- Now, shove shrimp and vegetables to pan’s side. Add the egg.
- Stir it well and mix it with shrimp mixture.
- Now the cooked noodles are to be added and toss until they combined properly.
- Following this, add the lime juice mixture. Toss again. Ensure the noodles are coated.
- Use green onions and roasted peanuts for garnishing.
- Serve it.
Nutritional Information of Pad Thai Recipe
|Saturated fats||2 g|
|Vitamin A||1290 IU|
|Vitamin C||58.8 g|