Overnight blueberry French toast is an amazing recipe made of delicious blueberries, eggs, milk, bread, cream cheese, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar, and butter. It is nothing like the traditional French toast recipe. It is the perfect recipe for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
The process of making overnight blueberry French toast at home is a long wait as it involves overnight refrigeration. Making overnight blueberry French toast at home requires preparation a day before eating it, but the process itself is simple.
To make overnight blueberry French toast, place half of the bread cubes, cream cheese cubes, blueberries and cover with the other half of bread cubes in a greased baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a bowl and pour over the bread mixture. Refrigerate overnight and bake for 20-25 minutes. Pour cornstarch mixture over it and serve.
This was only a brief overview of the recipe. Find the detailed recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Huevos Rotos– This delicious recipe is simple, but it is listed among the popular Spanish egg dishes. Most people prefer eggs as breakfast. But in Spain, eggs are consumed not only as a resort for breakfast but even at lunch, dinner and surprisingly as desserts too.
2. Egg Bull’s Eye– Eggs are one of the best things to have for breakfast. I can’t think of my breakfast without eggs, especially egg bull’s eye. For all the egg lovers, this recipe is a must try.
3. Amish Sugar Cookies– Amish sugar cookies are made from simple ingredients and will just melt in your mouth. It is also an easy recipe to make and doesn’t take much time.
4. Buttermilk French Toast– The buttermilk French toast Recipe has everything that you desire, right from eggs to buttermilk. Simple and easy to make, it requires just about 30-35 minutes of your precious time and is definitely worth a try.
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- Baking Dish
- 12 Slices
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 12 Beaten Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Grease a baking dish. Take half of the bread cubes and place them on the dish along with cream cheese cubes on top.
- Put 1 cup of fresh blueberries over the cheese. Place leftover bread cubes on the top.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a bowl. Now, pour this mixture over the bread cubes.
- Cover this dish with a lid and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator half an hour before baking.
- Place a lid over it and bake in a preheated oven (at 350oF or 175oC) for about half an hour.
- Now, bake for 25-30 minutes more without the lid.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Combine sugar, cornstarch, and water in it. Boil it for about 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining blueberries to this and mix.
- Now, let it simmer for about 10 minutes. When blueberries begin to burst, add butter.
- Pour this blueberry mixture over the baked French toasts.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then serve.