Overnight Blueberry French Toast, a majestic name signifies it is the ultimate brunch or breakfast dish. Learning how to make Overnight Blueberry French Toast at home is worth your efforts and time. Quite an incredible toast recipe it is !
You will find the amazing amalgamation of delicious blueberries, eggs, milk, bread, cream cheese, vanilla, maple syrup along with sugar and butter in this Overnight Blueberry French Toast dish. How mouth-watering it is!
The process of making Overnight Blueberry French Toast at home might belong as it involves refrigeration. But then you can use it to make toast and coat your bread. Making Overnight Blueberry French Toast at home requires preparation a day before eating it, yet it doesn’t deter me from making it for my breakfast thrice a week.
Next holiday or get together, serve your family and friends homemade Overnight Blueberry French Toast by following the directions given below. The ultimate Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe is explained here.
Ingredients for Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe
|Day-old bread, cut into 3-inch cubes||12 slices|
|Cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes||2 (8 ounces) package|
|Fresh blueberries||2 cups|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1/3 cup|
|White sugar||1 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time (including refrigeration time)|
|15 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes||10 hours|
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- Grease a baking dish.
- Take half bread cubes and place them on the dish along with cream cheese cubes on top.
- Drizzle the fresh blueberries ( 1 cup ) over the cheese and again place leftover bread crumbs on the top.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract and syrup in a bowl. Now, this mixture is to be poured over the bread cubes.
- After covering it with a lid, place in the refrigerator for the night.
- You have to remove the cold bread cube mixture from the refrigerator half an hour before baking.
- Place a lid over it and bake in a preheated oven ( at 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C ) for half an hour.
- Now remove the lid and bake for 25-30 minutes more.
- Before removing it, look for a smooth centre as well as brownish colour on it.
- Over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan followed by boiling it.
- With continuous stirring, let it cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add leftover blueberries and mix.
- No, let it simmer for further 10 minutes. When blueberries begin to burst, add butter.
- This mixture is to be poured over the baked French toast.
|Saturated fats||13 g|
|Total fats||24.8 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.9 g|
|Vitamin A||1039 IU|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|