Today I’m here to share an Oreo surprise cake recipe with an Oreo-Twist. Great news for Oreo super-fans! Now, you can go out and dine at Oreo Cafe to enjoy your “Twist-Your-OREO” treats. Yes! Oreo has opened its first-ever cafe in New Jersey. So, let’s celebrate this with an oreo surprise cake. This super-delicious cake contains chopped Oreos and Oreo frosting.
We all love Oreos and now we can enjoy about 200 food items at Oreo cafe. You’ll find this sweet spot in the American Dreamway, East Rutherford, New Jersey. It offers shakes, sundaes, cheesecakes, Oreo surprise cake with a not-so-secret menu item called Oreo Donut S’Morewich. Out of all these delicious food items, you can easily make Oreo surprise cake in the comfort of your home.
For Oreo surprise cake, prepare the batter using food cake mix and add crushed oreo cookies to it. Pour the batter into round baking pans and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cut out a hole in the bottom layer of the cake and add sprinkles. For frosting, spread layers of microwaved chocolate Oreo cream. Top up the cake with extra cookies and sprinkles.
Check out the recipe card for detailed instructions to make the Oreo surprise cake. You can also watch a similar video provided in the recipe card below. If you too are an oreo fan like me, don’t forget to rate this amazing recipe and share it with your friends. Try this recipe now and surprise your family with this delicious dessert.
Oreo Surprise Cake Recipe
- 15 Oreo Cookies
- 1.06 pounds Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 4 oz Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 16 oz White Frosting
- Multi-Colored Sprinkles
- Cover baking pans with parchment paper and spray non-stick cooking spray on them. Now, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now, prepare the batter as per the directions mentioned on the package. Add crushed oreo cookies to the batter. Stir the mixture well until it's creamy smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly into the baking pans and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes. Leave the cakes aside after removing them from baking pans.
- Microwave the mixture of cream and chocolate until it blends, stirring it every 30 seconds. Then set it aside.
- Place one of the cake layers on a serving plate and spread frosting cream on it. Repeat this with the other layer of the cake. Now, cut out a 3-inch round piece of cake from the center and put sprinkles in it.
- After placing the top layer of the cake, spread the remaining frosting cream and decorate the cake with some extra sprinkles and oreo cookies.
- You can trim the rounded tops off the cake to make the layers’ level smooth. You can use these dedicated pieces of cake as snacks.
- To check if your cake is baked, insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- You can use any other food cake mix for the cake.