The Oreo ice cream sandwich is a lovely combination of Oreo flavored ice cream infused between the chocolate Oreo cookies and with some sprinkles on it. It is very smooth, delicious, crunchy and most importantly, everyone’s favorite.
Oreos are a fan favorite and are used as an addition to so many desserts. Every dessert has an Oreo version made. So, why not try to keep up with the trend and try to make the Oreo ice cream sandwich at home. I tried and let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious.
To make Oreo ice cream sandwiches, take 8 Oreos and scape their filling. Put them in a bowl and add condensed milk and mix. Then, whip cream until a little fluffy. Add the condensed milk mixture and crushed Oreos to it and mix. Freeze it and then cut it into rounds. Place in between Oreo cookies and serve.
This was just a snippet of the complete recipe, which you can find going down. But before you check out the full recipe, do have a look at these other ice cream recipes.
1. Pralines and Cream Ice Cream– Pecan praline is one of my favourite ice creams. This homemade ice cream is a treat to have. Many brands in the market offer this ice cream but making it at your home is something you can’t refuse.
2. Mongo Sorbet– Mango Sorbet is a delightful recipe you can try at your home during summers. If you are not a sorbet fan, then this recipe will make you fall in love with sorbet.
3. Tin Roof Ice Cream– Making Tin Roof Ice Cream at home is really fun. You can listen to songs while this delicious ice cream is in making. Once you taste this Tin Roof Ice cream at your home, I bet there would be no coming back.
4. Ginger Ice Cream– This homemade ginger ice cream has a divine taste. You don’t have to venture outside to buy ice cream when you’ll learn how to make this at your home.
Ingredients For Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 packets Oreos
- 40 g Sweet Condensed Milk
- 200 g Whipping Cream
Yes, you can make these sandwiches with just 3 simple ingredients. Let’s talk about the timings of this recipe. How much time would it take? The table below will answer all your time-related queries.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Chilling Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Hours||5 Hours 10 Minutes|
Time is important and so is the recipe that we are waiting for. Let’s not delay anymore and start making this recipe at home and follow the steps below.
Steps To Make Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
- To make Oreo ice cream sandwiches, take 8 Oreos and split them in half. Scrape the filling with the help of a knife and put them in a bowl. Lay the Oreos in a separate tray.
- Whip the fillings together so it becomes a thick mixture. Then, add the condensed milk to it and whisk these two together. Set Aside.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk the whipping cream until it becomes a little fluffy. Then, add the condensed milk mixture to it and mix.
- Take the remaining Oreos and beat them till they form a crumbly powder. Add this to the bowl of whipped cream and mix.
- In a tray, put this mixture and lay it evenly. Put in the refrigerator to chill for 5 hours.
- Once set, take it out and cut it into round shapes with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Now, place these round ice cream fillings on half the Oreo and top with the other half.
Here you go! Your Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich is ready. You can garnish them with sprinkles or crushed Oreos. The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is done for your convenience. Have a look and make your diet plan accordingly.
Nutritional Breakdown of Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
Here is the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
How to Make Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich at Home | Video
If you need any help or assistance, I have added a similar video for your help. Watch this video and clear all your doubts.
So this was all about this recipe! Do give it a try and share your suggestions or queries with me in the comments. I’ll make sure to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!