Italian cuisine is one of the most famous around the world. This cuisine has a separate place in the hearts of people. You can never refuse an Italian recipe after seeing it. The way it is presented and looks so colorful really attracts everyone towards it. Italian dishes will always have a special taste and the ingredients that they use are just so fresh and tempting. What is your favorite Italian recipe that you have recently tried? Tell me in the comments box below.
Talking about myself, I recently got a chance to visit an Italian restaurant and my friends ordered Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli. And this name sounds too long, but the dish is so delicious. Can’t tell you how fantastic it was. This dish is nothing but a combination of orecchiette pasta with some fresh broccoli, healthy ginger, spicy red pepper flakes and soft sausages. Everything perfectly balanced and so tasty. It will make your tastebuds do a happy dance.
And making this Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli is quite easy. Don’t get confused by the name and drop the idea of making it, thinking that it will be difficult and will include a lot of ingredients. It’s just the opposite. You will love it after you see all the necessary details mentioned below.
Ingredients for Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli
|Bunch Broccoli Rabe||1 Large|
|Chicken Sausages||1 lb.|
|Olive Oil||1 tsp.|
|Orecchiette Pasta||10 oz.|
|Chicken Broth||1 cup|
|Grated Parmigiano Reggiano||¼ cup|
|Crushed Red Pepper Flakes||A pinch|
So, these were the ingredients that you will need to get from the market in order to make this Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli at home. Note them down and get them ASAP.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Only 30 minutes, and you will get this delicious Italian Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli on your plate. Sounds so satisfying. This means you can make it anytime you want. Just 30 minutes of work and something really special will be on your dining table.
Excited about the recipe? So am I. let’s see how to make it quickly at home and do we need to follow to get the best out of these ingredients. Here we go.
Orecchiette With Sausage and Broccoli recipe
- Take a large boiling pot and add some water to it. Bring it to a boil and add the broccoli that you cut into pieces.
- Let it blanch for about 2 minutes and rinse them and keep them aside. After draining the water, refill it, add some salt and pasta and boil it again. Cook it according to the manufacturer’s directions
- Now take a skillet and add some oil to it. Brown the sausages and keep the heat on medium. Chop or break the sausages in small pieces as it cooks.
- Keep the sausages aside when cooked completely. Add some more oil to the pan and keep it on high heat. Add the garlic with some salt and seasonings and cook it for 1 minute until it gets golden in color.
- Add the previously cooked broccoli to the pan along with sausages and mix them well.
- Remove the pasta from the pot and discard the water. Add the pasta into this broccoli and mix it well. Keep the heat on low and cook it for about 30 minutes.
- Now add the chicken broth, along with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Check the salt and more seasonings if you want. Toss it well after every 20 seconds to ensure everything mixes up well.
- Take it off the heat and serve it on a large pasta dish. Garnish with some more cheese if you want.
And your Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli is ready. Enjoy this pasta with your family and I am sure they will love it. It fills up your tummy and makes the perfect meal for everyone.
Nutritional Breakdown of Orecchiette With Sausage and Broccoli
Down below, you will find a table with all the necessary nutritional details of this recipe. Have a look and know what you consume.
How to Make Orecchiette With Sausage and Broccoli at Home | Video
To know the exact procedure of making it, here is a video that you should watch. It will help you to make it faster, easily and comfortably.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any query related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. If you liked this recipe, do share with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!