I still remember when I was a kid, I used to take 5 pennies from my father daily to buy orange candy. Today, I will share the recipe for orange candy with you all.
I decided to make them at home. So, I asked my grandmother about the recipe and luckily, she knew the recipe and she shared her Orange Candy Recipe with me.
To make orange candy at home, peel the skin of the oranges and slice them in a quarter. Add sugar to a large pot of water and boil until it turns into a sticky syrup; add orange peels and boil it again for some time. Spread it over a baking sheet and let it cool. Cut into stripes and the orange candy is ready for you to devour.
But first, let’s check out other candy recipes that you might also like.
1. Watermelon Rind Candy– Have you ever thought of making something from the peel of watermelon? I don’t think you might have, as most of the people think it is a waste. You can make these wonderful watermelon rind candies at your home using just watermelon peels.
2. Lemon Drop Candy– What was your favorite candy as a kid? Well, mine was the lemon drop candy. I loved them so much that I used to have them almost every day. Today, I will share the recipe for lemon drop candy with you.
3. Butterscotch Candy– Butterscotch candies is cooked sugar made with brown sugar by boiling brown sugar and butter or corn syrup in water. These candies are really delicious and you probably cannot stop yourself from devouring them.
4. Cherry Sours Candy– I am here with the cherry sours candy recipe. After hearing this thing, you must be excited to recall your childhood days. Today, I will help you recall the good ol’ days with this recipe.
Orange Candy Recipe
- Large Pot
- Baking Sheet
- 4 Navel Oranges
- 3 cups Granulated Sugar
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 ½ Water
- Take navel oranges, sliced oranges in quarters and peel their skin.
- Add water according to a large pot and cover it with the plate or the cap for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water after 30 minutes and repeat the process twice.
- Add sugar and a few cups of water with salt in a saucepan and boil it for 2 minutes, till the sugar dissolved.
- Add the syrup made in a large pot to the saucepan and boil the mixture for 60 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on the lined baking sheet to cool for around 60 minutes.
- After the orange peel cools, cut it into strips and sprinkle sugar. Leave the coating mixture for 12 hours until it will dry in the unsealed corner.
Hope you’ve liked this recipe of Orange Candy. If there is any food that has a special connection with your childhood, do mention it in the comments below. I will make sure that it will get covered in the FoodXP blog.