We all are aware of the fact that when we were kids, we used to eat orange candies but somewhere we lost that trend of eating those candies and those candies lost their era and toffees replace orange candy. I still remember when I was a kid, I used to take 5 pennies from my father daily to buy those candies.
One day, I was sitting at my home remembering those candies and I was surfing over the internet and searched a lot about those orange candies in supermarkets and shops but I was not able to find it.
I decided to make them at home. So, I surf over the internet about How To Make Orange Candies but was not able to find the correct recipe, then a thought came into my mind to ask my grandmother about the recipe and luckily, she knew the recipe and she shared her Orange Candy Recipe with me.
I made Orange Candies at my home and they taste as similar as I used to eat when I was young. I thought to share Orange Candy Recipe with my candy lovers if you are remembering those candies so you can make them at home. Let’s see the ingredients first which are required to these make orange candies.
Ingredients For Orange Candy
|Granulated Sugar||3 Cups|
You can buy these ingredients from supermarkets near you. To make these candies you required a lot of patience because now I will tell you how much time it will take to make orange candies.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Mins||120 Mins||130 Mins|
Now, we are going to the step for that we are here. Yes, it is the Orange Candy Recipe for which we all are waiting.
Orange Candy Recipe
- Take Navel Oranges, sliced oranges in quarters and peel their skin.
- Add water according to a large pot and cover it with the plate or the cap for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water after 30 minutes and repeat the process twice.
- Add sugar and a few cups of water with salt in a saucepan and boil it for 2 minutes, till the sugar dissolved.
- Add the syrup made in a large pot in the saucepan and boil the mixture for 60 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on the lined baking sheet to cool for around 60 minutes.
- After the orange peel cools cut it into strips and sprinkle sugar. Leave the coating mixture for 12 hours, until it will dry in the unsealed corner.
Here is the Orange Candy recipe. Now is the time for you to make it and relive your childhood once again.
Nutritional Facts Of Orange Candy
As we all know, Orange Candies are sweet in taste and there are many people who are health conscious and avoid eating sweets.
But if you want to remember your childhood days then I will provide the nutritional information of Orange Candies from where you will come to know how much workout you have to do after eating those.
How To Make Orange Candy at Home | Video
In case you people want to see live- how to make Orange Candies at home? I’ve added a video a below
Hope you’ve liked this recipe of Orange Candy. If there is any food that has a special connection with your childhood, do mention it in the comments below. I will make sure that it will get covered in thefoodxp blog.