I was surfing the internet, to know the variety of Omelette and I found Omelette du Fromage and I was little confused related to the Omelette du Fromage recipe and name and I searched about the dish and I thought I should share the queries with you also.
What does ‘Omlette du Fromage’ mean?
Famous American Actor, Steve Martin used to tell this as a joke, back in the ‘70s. It went something like this, “Omelette du Fromage! It’s like the French have a different word for EVERYTHING!”
Although, now it’s a joke from Dexter’s laboratory, in one of the episode Dexter try to seduce a girl by speaking (bad) French so he says things like “Omelette du Fromage” which means nothing in French. “Omelette du Fromage” however means cheese omelette.
Omelette du Fromage or Omelette au Fromage?
This is a bit tricky to answer as if you’re asking in reference to Dexter’s Laboratory then “Omelette du Fromage” is what he used in one of his episode whose meaning is stated above but if you’re hungry brat and desperately looking for Cheese Omelette (just kidding) then “Omelette au Fromage” would suit the best.
Come Let’s see the journey of Omelette Du Fromage Recipe.
Omelette du Fromage Recipe Ingredients
|Cheddar cheese||10 g|
|Olive Oil||½ tbsp|
|Salt||As per required|
|Black Pepper||As per required|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|10 MINS||10 MINS|
Omelette au Fromage Recipe
- In a bowl add rack eggs and add sea salt, black pepper and beat them until it will mix properly.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up.
- Grate the cheese onto a board and set aside.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the hot pan, then carefully pour in the eggs.
- Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly, using a fork to swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- When omelet begins to cook add some raw egg on the top and sprinkle cheese over it.
- Using a spatula, then fold it from the corners and cut in half.
- When it starts to turn golden brown, remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve it on the plate.
Nutritional Facts Of Omelette au Fromage Recipe
Dexter’s Laboratory – Omelette du Fromage Episode YouTube Video
Anyways, this led us to a delicious point. So, let’s not wait for more and make Omelette au Fromage i.e. Cheese Omellete. Eggs are fantastic and an affordable source of protein. Cheese on the other has its own nutritional benefits. Having Cheese Omelette for breakfast or supper can give you a good kick-start and makes you feel fuller till the next meal. Making this simple Cheese Omelette is not a very big task. It’s super easy to cook and gets ready in 10 minutes only. Let’s move ahead to ingredients and recipe of Omelette au Fromage.
So, I made it in the breakfast for my family they all loved and the lovely recipe I had, I will share them with you my lovie’s .