If you want to make a cheese omelette then, you should try making omelette du fromage. “Omelette du Fromage” is just the French phrase for the cheese omelette. It is really easy to make and gets ready in no time.
To make omelette du fromage, beat eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Heat olive oil in a pan and pour in the eggs. Spread the eggs evenly on the pan.
Sprinkle cheese over it and cook for some time. Cut them in half and transfer to a plate and serve.
Make sure not to overstuff the omelette. You should have enough filling to make the omelette tasty, but not so much that it’s bursting and spilling out of the eggs.
Come, let’s see the journey of Omelette Du Fromage Recipe. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Poached Eggs– Poached eggs are delicious and really easy to make. You can make them for breakfast and have a healthy start to your day.
2. Huevos Rotos– This delicious recipe is simple, but it is listed among the popular Spanish egg dishes. Most people prefer eggs as breakfast. But in Spain, eggs are consumed not only as a resort for breakfast but even at lunch, dinner and surprisingly as desserts too.
3. Crab Omelette– Crabmeat is actually very healthy. Crab is a great source of protein and is considered to be one of the best dietary sources of protein. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, Selenium, Riboflavin, Copper, and Phosphorus.
4. Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies– Big & buttery chocolate chip cookies are the perfect after-meal snack. They are filled with both butter and chocolate chips which makes them the perfect cookies. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Omelette Du Fromage?
- Frying Pan – Cook the omelette in a frying pan until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Bowl – Beat the eggs in a bowl for the recipe.
- Spoon – Beat the eggs with a spoon until the yolk is well combined.
- Spatula – Using a spatula, fold the omelet from the corners and cut it in half.
- Grater – Grate the cheddar cheese with a grater for the recipe.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Omelette Du Fromage?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||3 Minutes||13 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Omelette Du Fromage?
- Eggs – You will need large chicken eggs of any kind, but organic is the best as organic eggs are undoubtedly better for the omelette.
- Cheddar Cheese – Almost any cheese will work, but I have used cheddar cheese as it will provide sharp, pungent and lightly earthy flavor.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is used to cook your omelet without changing the taste or texture.
- Salt – Salt is the mineral that brings it all together! Make sure you season your omelet enough so it isn’t bland, but keep in mind that some cheeses—such as cheddar—are also quite salty.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will add a pop of outside spice.
Steps To Make Omelette Du Fromage
1. Prep The Eggs
Take a bowl and beat eggs in it. Once done, add sea salt and black pepper. Beat them until they get mixed properly.
Now, place a small non-stick frying pan on low heat. Add half a tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan.
Once oil is heated, carefully pour the egg mixture to the pan. Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
2. Fold And Serve
When the omelet begins to cook, sprinkle cheese over it. Using a spatula, fold the omelet from the corners and cut it in half.
Flip the omelette and cook it till golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Remove the pan from the heat and serve it hot.
How Will Omelette Du Fromage Look And Taste Like?
Make this delicious, flavorsome and pillowy-soft omelette du fromage for a delicious breakfast treat. This classic omelette has a smooth and silky exterior with little to no browning that cradles a tender, moist, and soft-scrambled interior.
The technique for making one is something every cook should learn—as long as you know these key steps, it’s easy. This version is stuffed with your choice of cheese.
Omelette Du Fromage Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 3 Eggs
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a bowl, add eggs, sea salt, and black pepper. Beat them until they get mixed properly.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on low heat.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Then, carefully pour in the eggs.
- Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
- When the omelet begins to cook, sprinkle cheese over it.
- Using a spatula, fold the omelet from the corners and cut it in half.
- Fold the omelette and cook it till golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve it hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to serve a omelette du fromage?
There are so many ways to serve an omelet. You can eat it on its own, or with some vegetables and potatoes or rice on the side. Stuff your omelet between sliced bread, biscuits, or croissants to make flavorful sandwiches. You can roll the omelet in a tortilla or roti with some spreads and pickles to make a healthy vegetarian wrap.
Which cheese is best to use in a omelette du fromage?
The best cheese to use is the one you like the best. For optimal melting, try something like mozzarella or jack cheese. Cheddar or parmesan add sharpness. Feel free to use what you prefer.
How do you make a fluffy cheese omelet?
One way is to separate egg yolks and whites and whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold the beaten egg yolks into the egg whites. Alternatively, try blending your eggs in a blender for a few minutes to incorporate air with less fuss.
Do you add milk in an omelette?
Many people add either milk or cream to their omelette in order to bulk them out and have a more substantial dish without the need to add an extra egg. While this does work, it’s crucial not to go overboard or you’ll end up with a mixture that’s too loose.
Omelette d fromage is fluffy, cheesy, and delicious! Serve it for breakfast with toasted bread, or wrap it in a roti, tortilla or make roll.
If you liked this recipe, then don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section. Plus, feel fee to share your suggestions with us.