Many of the times, I went to clubs just to celebrate birthday parties and almost every time my friends order Oktoberfest Beer but I do not drink. But once, there was a party of my best friend she forced me to drink that beer and surprisingly it tastes good.
From that day I became a person who drinks but only Oktoberfest Beer. One day curiosity came into my mind that who to make this beer and what is that particular thing which makes this beer so good.
I surf internet and find some recipes and Guess What?
Today, I will share the Oktoberfest Beer Recipe with Oktoberfest lovers like me. Before we see how to make Oktoberfest Beer Recipe we will see some history of Oktoberfest.
The first Oktoberfest was held in 1810 to celebrate the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese. Since then, the Oktoberfest in Munich has grown, attracting some 6 million visitors every year, and now holds the title of the world’s largest fair. The tradition has spread throughout Germany, and into the US and other parts of the world.
Come let’s see the steps of Oktoberfest Beer Recipe.
Ingredients Required To Make Oktoberfest Beer Recipe
|Pilsner Malt||1.6 kg|
|Munich Malt||1.6 kg|
|Vienna Malt||1.8 kg|
|Aromatic Munich Malt||0.5 kg|
|CaraVienna Malt||150 g|
FOR MISC, YEAST AND HOPS
|Irish moss added 15 minutes before the end of the boil||3 g|
|German lager yeast with sufficient yeast starter||1|
|German Tradition Pellet Hops||28 g|
|German Tattnanger Pellet Hops||28 g|
Note- You will make 5 Gallons of Oktoberfest Beer using these ingredients.
Oktoberfest Beer Recipe
- Mash in at 54° C for 5 minutes.
- Ramp to 63° C and hold for 30 minutes.
- Run a single decoction mash: remove 40% of the grain and heat it separately to 70–72° C for 15 minutes, then bring to a boil for 5–10 minutes and return to the mash.
- Mash out at 75° C for 5–10 minutes.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 60 minutes, adding hops at specified intervals from the end of the boil.
- Ferment in primary for 14–20 days at 11° C.
- Hold a diacetyl rest for three days at 14–15° C.
- Gradually lower to 9° C and hold for 8 days.
- Gradually lower to 1° C and hold another 16 days.
- Keg at 2.5 volumes 5 (g/L) of CO₂ or bottle condition with 113 g of corn sugar.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|60 MINS||60 DAYS|
Nutritional Facts Of Oktoberfest Beer Recipe