Breakfast is start of your day. What you eat in the morning is what gives you energy whole day long. Our body has been fasting the whole night for about 10 hours, so it just sucks up all the nutrients and macro-nutrients whenever it gets them. So, breakfast becomes your most important meal of the day.
In just few short minutes, you can enjoy a hot, homemade breakfast of Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal, flavored with cinnamon, sweetened with honey and topped with crunchy peanuts. The ultimate healthy breakfast recipe, this peanut butter banana oatmeal is creamy, voluminous and will keep you full all morning long! Plus it only takes about 10 minutes to make. The bowl has around 370 calories, 17 grams of fiber, and 11 grams of protein.
Ingredients for Oatmeal with Peanut Butter and Banana
|Milk||1 ¾ Cups|
|Quick Oats||1 Cup|
|Ripe Banana (Mashed)||1 (Large)|
|Ground Cinnamon||½ tsp|
|Peanut Butter||2 tbsp|
|Pure Vanilla Extract||¼ tsp|
|Salt||As per requirement|
|Honey (optional)||1 – 3 tsp|
Note: Add sliced bananas, chopped peanut and cinnamon for serving.
Serving: 1 Bowl
How to make Oatmeal with Peanut Butter and Banana | Recipe
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring milk to a boil, watching carefully so that it doesn’t boil over.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to a simmer , and cook to 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cover for a few minutes.
- Stir in mashed banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in honey, to taste, if desired.
- Top with sliced bananas, chopped peanuts and additional cinnamon before serving.
Nutrients in Oatmeal with Peanut Butter and Banana
Oatmeal with Peanut Butter and Banana Calories: 369
Featured Image Credits: Brittany Mullins, Eating Bird Food