Halloween is coming up and before you get on to the decor, let’s figure out a great recipe for you to impress your guests this year. Festivities are incomplete without some sweet indulgence, right? Nutter butter boos make the perfect Halloween treat. Hence, I’ve got a nutter butter boos recipe for you that is not just delicious but absolutely easy to make.
Nutter butter boos are addictively delicious and cute-looking Halloween ghost cookies. It’s such an exciting treat that not just kids but even adults can’t resist it. These are truly a guilty pleasure. Therefore, I’m going to share with you this amazing recipe so that you can wow your guests this Halloween.
The nutter butter boos are made of simple ingredients that you can make a batch in no time. This dish requires a few ingredients, including Nutter Butter cookies, white chocolate, and dark or regular chocolate. You can make the cookies at home or even buy them from your supermarket.
So, let me tell you all about this recipe in the sections below step-by-step. Go ahead and try this recipe out. Well! Thank me later for all the compliments you receive.
Other Halloween Recipes That You Can Try
- Lolly Pop Ghosts
- Monster Cake Pops
- Ghostbuster Birthday Cake
- Hostess Twinkies
- Marshmallow Pops
- Marshmallow Toppers
- Ghostbuster Cocktail
- Ghostbuster Cookies
- Hocus Pocus Cookies
- Crockpot Candy Crack
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Nutter Butter Boos?
- Bowl – You will need a microwave-safe bowl to melt the chocolate.
- Spatula – A spatula will help you to fold the chocolate.
- Cooling Rack or Foil – A wire rack or foil paper will help you to line up the cookies for drying.
- Toothpick- To make chocolate eyes for your ghost cookies.
- Baking Sheet– A baking sheet will be placed over your baking tray to prevent cookies from sticking to the tray.
- Fork – You will require a fork to create the criss-cross markings on the cookies.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Nutter Butter Boos?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Nutter Butter Boos?
- Peanut Butter – Nutter Butter cookies are famous for their flavor, which is made of peanut butter. So, it goes without saying, peanut butter is the most important ingredient in this recipe.
- Granulated Sugar – The cookies will get their sweet taste from sugar. Thus, you will need granulated sugar.
- Eggs – When baking, eggs bind everything very well together, and that’s how your cookie will be saved from falling apart.
- Vanilla Extract – Another flavoring agent that plays an essential role in this cookie recipe is vanilla extract.
- Flour – The base of any baked good is flour. Thus, it will form the structure of the cookie.
For Chocolate Dipping:
- White Chocolate – White chocolate will be used to dip the cookie to create the illusion of a white ghost.
- Dark or Regular Chocolate – You will require dark or regular chocolate to carve out the eyes and mouth of the ghost.
Steps To Make Nutter Butter Boos
1. Make The Cookies
Beat peanut butter and granulated sugar together until creamy, and add egg and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Then roll the dough into small balls by using about one teaspoon of cookie dough per ball. Place two balls next to each other on the baking tray lined up with the baking sheet and flatten them to ¼ inch thickness.
Dip the tines of the fork into the flour and press into the cookies to create the criss-cross markings. Bake the cookies for 9 to 12 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F. Remove from the oven, and after 5 minutes, carefully transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
2. Assemble The Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Spread the peanut butter filling onto the bottom of one cookie and use the other cookie to make it into a sandwich. Then transfer the cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Melt The Chocolate
Take two microwave-safe bowls. In one bowl, add white chocolate, and in the other bowl, add dark or regular chocolate. Heat both the chocolates in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until they are melted. Make sure that the chocolate has melted well and has a smooth consistency.
4. Decorate The Cookies
Open your packet of nutter butter cookies and dip them halfway into the white melted chocolate. Once you dip the cookies, place them on a wire rack (cooling rack) straightaway to dry out.
Once the white chocolate has dried out, take the dark or regular chocolate and dip the backside of a toothpick into it. Now make two eyes and a mouth on each of the cookies.
Now let the cookies dry on a cooling rack or foil paper, and get ready to munch on them!
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||15 IU|
How Will The Nutter Butter Boos Look And Taste Like?
Now that you have followed all the steps above, aren’t you proud of the cute little ghosts that you have created for yourself? The nutter butter boos are absolutely delicious sweet treats. The cookies are loaded with peanut butter filling. Therefore, you taste the amazing flavors of peanut butter and the white chocolate that you have coated these cookies with.
Therefore, nutter butter boos taste divine and make for a fun treat to serve your guests on Halloween. So, go ahead and make a batch of these and tell me the reactions of your guests in the comments sections.
Nutter Butter Boos Recipe
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
Chocolate For Dipping
- 8 Oz White Chocolate
- 8 Oz Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking tray with a baking sheet or silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, one egg, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Roll the ingredients into a dough and make small balls using ½ teaspoon of dough.
- Place two dough balls next to each other on the baking sheet and flatten them to ¼ inch in thickness.
- Dip the tines of the fork into the flour and press into the cookie to create the criss-cross markings.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes and remove them from the oven.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cooled, spread peanut butter on the bottom of one cookie and use the other cookie to make it into a sandwich.
- Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched.
- Now dip the cookies in melted white chocolate and leave them to harden.
- Once the white chocolate is dried out, take a toothpick and dip the backside into dark or regular chocolate.
- Make the eyes and mouth of the ghost using this chocolate-dipped toothpick.
- Set aside to let the chocolate harden.
- Your Nutter Butter Boos are ready to be served!
If you like this recipe, comment below. To check out more Halloween recipes, head to our website’s recipe section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do Nutter Butter cookies taste like?
The nutter butter cookies have a peanut butter taste since they have a peanut butter filling.
Are Nutter Butter Boos crunchy?
Nutter Butter is a wafer cookie that satisfies the peanut butter lovers in your family. These cookies have a crunchy texture and a creamy filling between two peanut butter wafers.
Is Nutter Butter made with real peanut butter?
Yes, Nutter Butter Boos are made with real peanut butter.
How do you make Nutter Butter Boos in the peanut shape?
To get the classic peanut shape of a Nutter Butter cookie, simply pinch in the sides at the middle just a little after making the markings on it by fork.