Making Nicoise salad at home is what I will be talking about today. This healthy bowl of vegetables will make a perfect meal.
This French salad consists of tomatoes, olives, boiled eggs, tuna and green vegetables that make a perfect lunch. It is a raw vegetable salad. In actuality, this is a composed salad, where you have to make piles of all the ingredients. But you can toss them even to make it look presentable.
Nicoise salad can be prepared quickly at home. You just have to chop tomatoes, olives, boiled eggs, tuna and green vegetables and toss all the ingredients together. Dress them with some vinaigrette. And here you go, your bowl of salad is ready to munch.
You will know the specifications of the recipe further. This recipe is so easy and simple that you will enjoy making it. There are no hard and fast rules that need to be followed to prepare this recipe. Starting with the ingredients first, let’s see how it is made.
Ingredients For Nicoise Salad
- ½ pound Potatoes (quarteredp
- ¼ cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- ¼ cup Pitted Nicoise Olives
- ½ Onion (thinly sliced)
- 5 ounce Tuna
- ⅓ pound Fresh Green Beans (rinsed, trimmed and blanched)
- ½ pound Mixed Salad Greens
- 1 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 Hard-Cooked Eggs (quartered)
- 3 plum Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 4 Anchovy Filets
The ingredients for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. So grab them. You might even find them in your pantry. Have a look there before heading out. Let’s move on to the preparation time of this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Nicoise Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||15 minutes||2 hours||2 hours 45 minutes|
Don’t stress out looking at the time. This healthy bowl of salad can be made in minutes. 2 hours is just the time to refrigerate a mixture to infuse the best flavors and make it chilled. Take a look at how it is done.
Steps To Make Nicoise Salad
- Take a large pot of boiling water with salt in it. Add potatoes and cook them for 15 minutes or till they get tender with some firmness. Drain them and cool them down.
- In a large bowl, combine olives, parsley, onions, tuna, green beans and potatoes. Refrigerate them for 2 hours at least.
- In a serving salad bowl, toss the greens with some vinaigrette. Top it with a refrigerated potato mixture. Top it with tomatoes, eggs, capers and anchovies.
A great way to consume some green vegetable is this salad recipe. You can have it before your food as a starter.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Nicoise Salad
As I’ve told you above that this salad is full of green vegetables that makes it really nutritious for our body. That is why, I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this salad below.
How To Make Nicoise Salad At Home | Video
If you are unclear of any step, then watch the video I have uploaded of this recipe.
In case you have any queries, feel free to write them up in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you with it. If you have any suggestions, use the same section to convey them to me. I will try my best to respond to the same. Take care of your health!