Lobster rolls are lobster sandwiches served in flat hot-dog buns. They are one of the most popular dishes in New England. New England is the northeastern region of the United States. It comprises the states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
The lobster rolls are made with deliciously cooked lobster meat with mayonnaise dressing, stuffed into grilled hot dog buns. The hot dogs used are none other than split-top hot-dog buns that have flat sides to make your experience better. The flat sides will make the exterior of the bun more crispy and buttery.
To make lobster rolls, cut the lobster into 1/2 inch pieces and refrigerate it. Then, add mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to it. Mix it and refrigerate it again. Heat a grill pan and grill the hot dog buns from both sides in it. Then, put a lettuce leaf and the lobster salad in the buns. Your New England lobster rolls are ready!
Out of celery? Here is a list of celery substitutes that you can use. This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Baked Whole Trout– Fish is a great food to constitute in your meals. Today, I will be sharing a recipe of baked whole trout that can be made at home easily.
2. Ribs on a Gas Grill– Grilling pork ribs can be a bit difficult for most people, especially if this is the first time you’re trying to cook them. There are too many steps, and learning how to use a smoker (or a pellet grill) may be necessary.
3. Turkey Pastrami– To make Turkey Pastrami we have to bring the meat properly and it will be prepared after taking it from different processes that take time to make it possible.
4. Veal Scallopini– Tender veal scaloppine dredged in flour and sauteed in butter gets a boost of brightness from a simple pan sauce made with white wine and a generous squeeze of lemon.
New England Lobster Rolls Recipe
- 2 pounds Lobster (boiled)
- ¼ cup Celery (finely chopped)
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 Flat-Sided Hot Dog Buns
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon each Salt and Black Pepper
- Take the lobsters and remove knuckle, tail and claw meat from it.
- Cut it into ½ inches pieces and put it into a bowl. Then, refrigerate it until chilled.
- Then, take it out and drain the excess liquid from the lobster.
- Add mayonnaise and celery to this bowl and toss it to coat the lobster.
- Now, add lemon juice to this bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Mix it well.
- Place this bowl in the refrigerator again. Refrigerate it for about 1-2 hours.
- Then, heat a pan grill over medium heat. Add butter to it and let it melt.
- Place the buns on the pan and grill them from both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Now, place a lettuce leaf inside the split hot dog bun and put ¼ of the lobster salad in it.
- Your New England lobster rolls are ready!