Beef brisket is a great and hearty meal to make. You have to marinate the brisket for a long time and then, cook it in a smoker.
Brisket is the meat that is cut from the lower chest of the beef. It is one of the prime cuts of beef. It is a large cut and is generally boneless. It is also healthy. It has a high amount of oleic acid that helps in increasing god cholesterol in humans.
To make beef brisket, mix beef broth and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mix spices with the broth mixture. Pour this marinade over the brisket and refrigerate it overnight. Then, take it out and cook the brisket in the smoker. After that, let it rest for 2 hours in a warm place. Lastly, slice it and serve.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Pan-Fried Monchong– Sickle Pomfret is another name of Monchong. Hawaiian Monchong is a great source of healthy, extra lean protein. You can prepare fish in several ways.
2. Chicken Korma– This recipe was brought to India by Mughals from Central Asia. Mughals were very keen on eating rich food and always included dry fruits and nuts in their diet.
3. Chicken Paillard– Paillard can be of chicken, veal, beef, turkey, and pork. Traditionally they are cut from large pieces of meat but to get rid of the cutting process, most of the supermarkets have a variety of thin meat. Chicken Paillards are made from the breast of meat.
4. Veal Scallopini– Tender veal scaloppine dredged in flour and sauteed in butter gets a boost of brightness from a simple pan sauce made with white wine and a generous squeeze of lemon.
Myron Mixon Brisket Recipe
- Aluminum Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Cutting Board
- 12-15 pound Beef Brisket
- 64 ounces Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- Add beef broth and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk it until the salt gets dissolved.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, chilli powder, mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Also, add salt, pepper, and cumin to it.
- Then, add the broth mixture to it. Stir vigorously to combine.
- From the top of the brisket, trim the fat and skin.
- In a pan, place the brisket and pour marinade over it. Leave it in the refrigerator for a night.
- At 325°F, pre-heat smoker and remove the brisket from marinade.
- In an aluminium pan, place brisket with foil cover. Place it in the preheated grill and cook until the internal temperature of the brisket reaches 205°F.
- Remove brisket from smoker, leaving in a pan and covered in foil.
- In a warm place, leave the brisket for 2 hours.
- On a cutting board, place the brisket.
- Across the grain, slice the brisket and dip slices in au jus.