Mushroom stuffed burgers are the perfect recipe if you love a delicious juicy cheese burger and tender mushrooms. This recipe brings you the best of both.
I love burgers with a passion and mushrooms just make me drool. This recipe combines both these elements in a way you’ll find delicious as well as irresistible. You can add whatever you want with the stuffing in addition to mushrooms, like some extra cheese. A little extra cheese never hurt anyone.
To make mushroom stuffed burgers, add onions, breadcrumbs, ketchup, salt and pepper to ground beef and mix it. Then, sauté mushrooms in butter. After this, make 12 thin patties and place the mushrooms on 6 of them. Use the other 6 to seal. You can grill, pan-grill, or broil them. Add the cheese and place on buns with fresh vegetables and condiments.
If you want more details, then let me just help you to make the best mushroom stuffed burgers and rock that party you’re having, with people or alone. We don’t judge. Let’s start with the ingredients, shall we?
Ingredients For Mushroom Stuffed Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds of Ground Beef.
- ¼ cup of Onions
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Soft Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup of Ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 8 ounces of Mushrooms
- 6 slices of Cheese
- 6 sliced Buns
These ingredients are easy to find and work with. These are enough for 6 servings. If you are wondering how much time it’s going to take to make a stuffed mushroom burger, let me help you with that.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Mushroom Stuffed Burgers?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
This time is nothing as compared to the time that you would take devouring this mouthwatering dish. Now that, all of this is out of the way, let’s move to the steps that will tell you exactly how you can make this burger at home.
Steps To Make Mushroom Stuffed Burgers
- Firstly, make sure the onions are chopped. Slightly beat the eggs and slice the mushrooms. Prepare the buns by buttering and toasting them. You can have any kind of cheese you want.
- Now add onions, eggs, breadcrumbs, ketchup, salt and pepper to the bowl of ground beef and mix these nicely.
- In a pan, melt some butter. Then, add your sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté them. Continue till you feel like they are just tender.
- Now go back to the beef and knead it a little. After that, divide it into 12 balls and shape them all into thin round patties. You want them to be about ¼ inch thick.
- Now put the sautéed mushrooms on top of 6 of the patties. You can add some cheese to this if you want. Cover all of these with the remaining 6 patties. Don’t forget to seal the edges, or else you’ll leave ‘room’ for the mushroom to escape.
- What you do now is up to you. You can grill them, pan-grill them or broil them. Any one of these methods can be used to cook your patties to perfection. My personal favorite is grilling the patties as they give them a smokey flavor.
- Once cooked, top the patties with cheese slices and place them on the toasted buns.
- You can add fresh vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes and onions and the condiments of your choice.
There you have it! These steps will help you to make a delicious mushroom stuffed burger. If you’d like to know how many calories and carbs this is putting on you, I have a little nutritional breakdown for you, so you know how much you have to run after you have eaten 3 of these. What? It happens!
Nutritional Breakdown Of Mushroom Stuffed Burgers
Check the nutritional value of this recipe.
How To Make Mushroom Stuffed Burgers At Home | Video
If you didn’t understand the steps, here is a similar video that’ll help you to understand the recipe better. Check this video out.
So this was it! I hope you make a delicious burger and rock the next barbeque party or the binge-watch you are planning to do. If you have any suggestions or queries, you can mention them in the comments. I’d love to hear from you.