There can be nothing better than silky and smooth mushroom sauce to serve with steak, chicken, baked potatoes and pasta. In this post, let’s see the recipe for this luxurious sauce.
Making the sauce is really going to be an awesome outcome. I prefer to use chicken broth in the recipe, but you can also go with beef or vegetable broth. If you want to cut on some fats, then you can use lighter cream. Now, let’s have a look at the overview of the recipe.
The first step in making mushroom sauce is to saute mushrooms and onions in butter. Now, add garlic, salt and pepper. Then, add the wine and stir for 1 minute. At last, add the broth, cream and parmesan. Heat until it starts to simmer and then transfer to a bowl.
Don’t have mushrooms? Here is a list of best mushroom substitutes for you. I hope you got a good idea about the recipe but don’t forget to check out the detailed recipe below to make the best mushroom sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Provencal Sauce– The Provençale sauce is a fragrant tomato sauce made with sautéed onions, garlic, capers, olives, and Herbes de Provence. It’s delicious served with meat, poultry, and fish.
2. Canned Tomatillos Sauce– Tomatillos are Mexican tomatoes, known as Mexican husk tomatoes. They are green, unripe and have a tart flavor. Canned tomatillos sauce is a perfect choice to have with Mexican food.
3. Dulce De Leche– The recipe is made from sweetened milk and has its origins in Latin America. This sauce is similar to caramel sauce. The sauce pairs marvelously with ice-creams, cheesecakes, pies, or whatever you like.
4. White Coconut Chutney– The recipe is mainly made by blending coconut. But I like to add green chilies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and some other ingredients to make a better version of the chutney.
Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup White Wine
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cream
- ½ cup Finely Grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp Thyme
- ½ Diced Onion
- In a skillet, heat oil and melt butter over low heat.
- Add and cook mushrooms and onions until they turn golden or about 5 minutes.
- Now, add garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 40-50 seconds.
- In the skillet, add the wine and stir the mixture for 1 minute.
- Then, add broth, cream and parmesan to the mixture and heat it until it starts simmering.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and serve it.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of mushroom sauce. Try the recipe at your home and don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.