Muffuletta sandwich can also be called a healthier version of a sandwich. It is made with salami, ham, different types of cheese, and olives. It is absolutely delicious and easy to make.
This Muffuletta sandwich is an instant sandwich recipe. A few years ago, I saw this recipe on one of my favorite cooking shows and wrote it on a notepad. I still have that piece of paper on which I wrote that recipe. This Muffuletta sandwich recipe is one of my favorite sandwich recipes.
To make a Muffuletta sandwich, slice the bread into two halves. Season the bread with oregano and basil. Put parmesan cheese on the bottom slice. Then, layer salami, ham, provolone, and mozzarella over it. Repeat the layer of ham and salami. Top it with green olives and black olives. Finish the sandwich with the other slice of bread.
You can also use prosciutto in the sandwich. Don’t have prosciutto? Here is a list of prosciutto substitutes for you to try.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Pizzadilla– Pizzadilla is, for sure, a unique name and you all would be amazed to know that it is a combination of two words, i.e., pizza and quesadilla. So, basically, we can say that it is a quesadilla filled with pizza toppings.
2. Stuffed Beef Sandwiches– Stuffed beef sandwiches have an amazing taste. They are one of my favorite sandwiches. They are filled with beef, vegetables, and cheese. It is an easy job to make these sandwiches at home.
3. Tri-Tip Sandwiches– Some caramelized onions with melted cheese and roasted Tri-Tip stacked between two thick slices of ciabatta make a luscious sandwich that’s called the great Grilled Tri-Tip Sandwich.
4. Roast Beef Sandwich– Most of us eat a beef sandwich at a myriad of places or restaurants. But have you ever ate Roast Beef Sandwich? If your answer is no, then today I bring Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe.
Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe
- 1 pound Loaf Fresh Italian Bread
- ¼ pound Ham (thinly sliced)
- ¼ pound Salami (thinly sliced)
- ½ pound Provolone Cheese (sliced)
- ¼ pound Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 8 Green Olives (pitted and chopped)
- 8 Oil-Cured Black Olives (pitted and chopped)
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Carefully slice the fresh Italian bread half lengthwise. Brush olive oil on both sides of the bread.
- Sprinkle both sides of the bread with oregano, dried basil, and put parmesan cheese over them.
- Make the first layer of salami cover the bottom. Over the salami, arrange a layer of ham accordingly.
- Add the next layer of provolone cheese and mozzarella cheese. Use the remaining salami to cover the mozzarella cheese.
- Make a layer of black olives and green olives and spread evenly. Cover it with the top layer of bread.