This Moroccan stew recipe is an outstanding combination of varied spices and vegetables. It is one of the best dishes you have ever tasted. This Moroccan stew recipe is highly recommended if you are a big foodie.
One of my friends, who is a chef and specializes in Moroccan cuisines recommended the Moroccan stew to me. She assisted me in making Moroccan Stew at home for the first time. I was totally blown by its taste and texture and have been cooking it ever since.
To make Moroccan stew, melt butter in a pan and cook onions in it. Mix the spices in a bowl. Add kale, spice mixture, and broth to the pot. Then, add potatoes, beans, carrots, lentils, and apricots into the broth. Cook them for half an hour. Sprinkle black pepper in it. Then, dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the broth as well. Cook it for 5 minutes.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Baked Chicken Liver– Baked chicken liver is a simple and easy-to-prepare recipe. It uses simple ingredients and gets ready in no time. You just have to bake the chicken liver with seasoning and butter and it is ready.
2. Goat Stew– This goat stew originated in the Philippines. It is traditionally served on some occasions, pairing it with rice. This stew is a good healthy meal as it consists of vegetables as well as meat.
3. Beef Stroganoff Without Mushrooms– No wonder Beef Stroganoff tastes the best with mushrooms. But some people like them without mushrooms. Also, when someone at your home is allergic to mushrooms, then you have no choice left but to cook this dish without the mushrooms.
4. Bhinda Ni Kadhi– This is a soft textured main course lunch dish for the new excitements in the food. This dish especially challenges creativity by mixing the most repelling ingredients in one dish to create a wonderful sensation of taste on your tongue.
Ingredients for Moroccan Stew
For Spice Mixture
|Ground Cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
|Ground Cumin||1 teaspoon|
|Kosher Salt||1 teaspoon|
|Ground Ginger||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ground Cloves||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ground Nutmeg||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ground Turmeric||1/4 teaspoon|
|Curry Powder||1/8 teaspoon|
For Stew Vegetables
|Sweet Onion (chopped)||1|
|Kale (finely shredded)||2 cups|
|Organic Vegetable Broth||4 (14 ounces) can|
|Garbanzo Beans (drained)||1 (15 ounces) can|
|large Potatoes (peeled and diced)||3|
|Sweet Potatoes (peeled and diced)||2|
|large Carrots (chopped)||4|
|dried Lentils (rinsed)||1 cup|
|Dried Apricots (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Ground Black Pepper (to taste)||1 teaspoon|
|Tomatoes (diced, undrained)||1 (14.5 ounces) can|
How Much Time Would it Take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 min||40 min||1 hr 10 min|
Moroccan Stew Recipe
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Next, add onion and allow it to cook in butter for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cinnamon, cumin, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric, and curry powder in a bowl.
- Cook kale and spice mixture for about 2 minutes in the pot subsequently followed by the addition of vegetable broth.
- Add potatoes, beans, carrots, lentils, and apricots into the broth, one by one.
- Bring it to boil. Then, allow the vegetables to cook over a simmer for about half an hour.
- Sprinkle black pepper as well.
- Now, dissolve cornstarch in water and add it to the stew.
- Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
Nutritional Information of Moroccan Stew
|Dietary fiber||24 g|
|Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Vitamin A||26614.3 IU|
|Vitamin b6||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||80 mg|