Moroccan honeycomb pancakes are spongey and bubbly pancakes containing semolina. They are light and really delicious. They are also really easy to make and don’t take much time to get ready.
The Moroccan honeycomb pancakes do not contain honeycombs. They contain semolina and yeast. When they are cooked, they bubble up and then, burst forming small holes in the pancakes. This makes them look like a honeycomb. They are actually called ‘Beghrir’.
To make Moroccan honeycomb pancakes, blend refined flour, fine semolina, yeast, sugar, salt, and baking powder to form a thin batter. In a pan, add butter and honey and heat for some time to make the syrup. In another pan, pour the batter cook for 2-3 minutes till the top becomes bubbly and dries. Do not flip. Dip in the syrup and serve.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Chocolate Pancakes With Eggs– If you want delightful chocolate pancakes, then this recipe is for you. The chocolate pancakes covered in sugar syrup and topped with whipped cream are a blessing for people with a sweet tooth.
2. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes– Pumpkin spice pancakes are a great breakfast option. They are delicious and put in that autumn mood. They are easy to make and can be great partners with your pumpkin spice latte!
3. Norwegian Pancakes– Norwegian Pancakes are thin, crepe-like, and have a delicious taste. They are also known as Pannekaker. They are great for breakfast but can also be served as a dessert. These soft and fluffy pancakes will definitely brighten up your day.
4. Banana Oats Protein Pancakes– Banana oats protein pancakes contain no refined sugar, just oats, eggs, and bananas. You can eat them for breakfast, as a pre-workout snack, or before bedtime to fill up your energy reserves for the night.
Moroccan Honeycomb Pancake Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Larger Bowl
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Fine Semolina
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 3 cups Lukewarm Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Honey
- In a small bowl, add yeast and lukewarm water.
- In a larger bowl, add refined flour, fine semolina, yeast, sugar, salt, baking powder, and mix it thoroughly.
- Add the dry mixture and yeast mixture to a blender and pulse until it forms a thin batter. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In a preheated pan, add equal proportions of butter and honey. Heat it to make the syrup for the pancakes.
- In a non-stick pan, pour the batter into a thick layer and let it spread. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat until the top of the pancake is dry.
- The pancake should be spongey. Do not flip the pancake.
- Then, dip the pancakes in the honey mixture and serve. Your Moroccan honeycomb pancakes are ready.