Making chinese cuisine at home is loved by everyone of us. So today I will be sharing the recipe of Mangolian hot pot with you all.
This recipe may have high sodium content in it. To make a more healthy version of this recipe, make a good choice of ingredients, sauces and soup base. Opt for the ingredients which has fewer fats, sodium and carbohydrates. Mongolian hotpot can be made easily at home but you need to do a little preparation before heading to the cooking process.
For the preparation of Mongolian Hot Pot, you need to seal the ginger, soy sauce, red pepper, steak and garlic in the zip lock bag and refrigerate it. Till then, cook beef mixture in a pan. Stir fry all the solid ingredients in a pan. Bring water and broth to boil. Add noodles in it and cook on low flame. Finally, add beef mixture and vinegar and serve hot.
You must be thinking this is all you need to know to cook this dish up. But this was just a brief. More details for the procedure are provided further in the recipe. Take note of the ingredients you need to grab for this dish.
Ingredients For Mongolian Hot Pot
- 2 ½ tablespoons Grated Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 8 ounces Flank Steak (thinly sliced and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths)
- 2 large Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Cooking Spray
- 7 cups Thinly Sliced Bok Choy (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup thinly Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) Slices Carrot
- ½ cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 (14-ounce) cans Less-Sodium Beef Broth
- 4 ounces Uncooked Soba (buckwheat) Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dark Sesame Oil (divided)
This recipe involves the usage of many different nutrients. Take a look in your pantry to check the availability of the ingredients. Make a list of them and go to the supermarket to get the ones which are not stocked up in your pantry. Let me share the time you need to prepare this dish.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Mongolian Hot Pot?
|Cooking Time||Preparation Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||2 ½ hours||2 hours 45 minutes|
You must have assumed looking at the ingredients that this must be a lengthy recipe. But in preparing this dish, the only time consuming part is marination. Other than that, the dish will be ready in 15 minutes. Let’s see how it is done.
Steps To Make Mongolian Hot Pot
- Take a zip lock bag and add the first five ingredients from the list in it. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 ½ hours. Flip the bag occasionally.
- Take a small Dutch oven and heat it over a high flame. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add beef mixture to the pan and cook until it turns brown. Set it aside.
- Now, add bok choy, carrots and green onions to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bok choy begins to wilt. Add water, hoisin and broth. Bring it to boil. Stir noodles in it and cook them on reduced flame for 5 minutes till the noodles are done. Add beef mixture and vinegar to it. Pour 1 ½ cups of soup into bowls with ¼ teaspoon sesame oil.
- Serve hot.
This healthy comfy bowl is a perfect dinner for a cold night. To make it healthy, you can add tofu to this dish.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Mongolian Hot Pot
How To Make Mongolian Hot Pot At Home | Video
Try this recipe and let me know about your reviews in the comment section below. I have also uploaded the video for the detailed steps. Watch it in case you have any confusion.
If you have any query, then do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section. Your suggestions are also welcomed. If you have any recipe in mind, then feel free to share it with me. I will be glad to share it with you. Have a good day!