Mochi waffles are diversely delish. They are crisp on the outside yet soft on the inside. Mochi is a traditional Japanese flour that is made from glutinous rice, water, and sugar. Please don’t let the name fool you! It doesn’t have any gluten at all. Besides, this recipe is completely gluten-free
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s begin to know how to make mochi waffles. You can enjoy everything fresh if you cook at home. In fact, the waffles are crisp and warm when served fresh. To make mochi waffles, we need only a few ingredients. Before I move forward, the pro tip for today is to mix your dry and wet ingredients separately. You will have a lump-free batter.
You can use a range of toppings for mochi waffles. Maple syrup, butternut syrup, whipped cream, fruits like strawberry, and mangoes. Waffles are imbued with all the flavors added by the toppings. Moreover, these waffles are slightly different from your typical waffles but have a squishy texture like mochi!
Let me be your guide for this recipe today. You can make these mochi waffles in just 10 minutes. I will be sharing the required equipment, ingredients, and the drill to make this mochi waffles recipe.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Mochi Waffles?
- Waffle Maker – To get the right texture and shape of the waffle, use a waffle maker.
- Bowl – Take two bowls to mix the wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Ice-Cream Scoop – Use the scoop to put the batter onto the waffle maker.
- Spatula – To mix all the wet and dry ingredients spatula would be a great option.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Mochi Waffles?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Mochi Waffles?
- Mochiko Flour – The thick consistency of mochiko flour will make waffles crispy yet soft.
- Baking Powder – As it is a leavening element, it will help the waffles to rise and become fluffy and tender.
- Sugar – Add a tablespoon of sugar to the batter for the sweetness.
- Salt – A pinch of salt will balance the sweetness in waffles.
- Butter – The waffles will not get sticky if you grease the waffle maker with the butter.
- Milk – To improve the consistency of the batter, you can use a glass of milk.
- Eggs – It also helps the waffle to rise during cooking. Batter mix with eggs in it has the right texture for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – It is full of versatile flavors and scents. Apart from neutralizing odors, it enhances savory flavors.
Steps To Make Mochi Waffles
1. Preparing The Batter
Take two bowls to mix dry and wet ingredients separately. For the dry ingredients, take mochiko flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix until it is combined well and has no lumps. In another bowl, add one egg, a glass of milk, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk the eggs with the milk nicely. The consistency should be thick.
2. Dry- Roast
Now mix the dry and wet ingredients to prepare the batter. Keep mixing until you see a thick consistency in the batter. Make sure it should not be too runny or too sticky. Once the batter is prepared, preheat the waffle maker. Drizzle some melted butter to grease the waffle maker. Pour the batter by using an ice-cream scoop. Spread it all over in the waffle maker. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Garnish the mochi waffles with maple syrup, whipped cream, or some berries, and serve!
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
How Will Mochi Waffles Look And Taste Like?
Mochi waffles deliciously fulfill the sweet cravings. Crisp on the outside and a little fluffy in the middle, these mochi waffles have a light texture with a little crunch. However, it tastes delightful. The toppings will add a sweet flavor. Use toppings of your choice.
Mochi Waffles Recipe
- Waffle Maker
- Ice-cream scoop
- 250 g Mochiko Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 Glass Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- First, in one bowl add mochiko flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Then, in another bowl add an egg, a glass of milk, a few drops of vanilla extract. Fold the mixture until it is combined well.
- Now, mix wet and dry ingredients together, add a splash of water if required. The consistency should neither be too runny nor thick.
- Drizzle melted butter on the waffle maker. Heat it for a few seconds and pour the batter. With the help of spatula spread the batter all over.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes and the mochi waffles will be ready. Garnish the waffles with the toppings of your choice.
Try this mochi waffles recipe at home. Let me know how it turns out in the comment section below.