Have you ever think to make something from the orange peels, lemon peels? If yes then you are at the right place because in the coming lines, I will provide you Mixed Peel Recipe.
I am the kind of person who always brings the best out of waste. One day, I was having Orange when I was peeling it, a thought came into my mind to make something from them. First, I gather those things which required peeling like lemon, and grapefruit.
After I gathered those, I searched their health benefits which I will share with you also.
Health Benefits Orange Peels
- They will help to reduce obesity.
- They are rich dietary fiber which improves digestion.
- You can make tea from the peels which will help to burn fat.
- It boosts your immune system.
- It also protects your respiratory system.
Health Benefits Lemon Peels
- They have high nutritional value.
- It also supports your oral health from cavities.
- It is known as the best antioxidant.
- It also has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties.
- It also helps to treat gallstones.
Health Benefits Grapefruit
- It helps to lower your cholesterol.
- It also helps to recover you from cancer.
- It also helps to recover from tumors.
After I read the benefits I took the initial step to make something. I decided to make Mixed Peel Candies at home. I made them and they were so tasty and delicious. I thought to share Mixed Peel Recipe with you. So, here I am with a delightful and the best out of waste Mixed Peel at home. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Umami Powder– The recipe is an ancient Japanese savory called Umami Powder and is full of nature in its every pinch. The recipe is a powder that you can use with any meal, food or even drink to detoxify your body.
2. Spinach Dip– Quick to make, Spinach Dip is a classic dish and a hit for every party. Everybody loves this appetizer or party dip as Spinach Dip is referred to. Obviously, spinach is the main ingredient in this lip-smacking dish.
3. Mannish Water– The benefits of the ingredients that we are going to use in this Goat Soup, also known as Mannish Water are essential for the body, and that’s one reason why the Jamaican population is so strong and healthy.
4. Chicken Chop Suey– This simple chop suey combines carrots, celery, and bean sprouts with tender bites of chicken for a budget-friendly favorite.
Ingredients for Mixed Peel Recipe
You will get all these ingredients from any nearby supermarket. These candies take some time to prepare and I have mentioned the proper timings in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Tie|
|60 Mins||20 Mins||80 Mins|
I know that you must have been waiting for the directions to make Mixed Peel. You don’t have to wait more because you are just one step away from the recipe.
Mixed Peel Recipe
- Remove the peels from the fruit and Gather the peels together and cut them lengthways accordingly to make them look like strips.
- In a saucepan, add the peels with cold water to boil and heat for 60 minutes or until it simmers.
- In a large bowl, set a sieve and pour the ingredients from the saucepan. Set the peel aside.
- In the saucepan again, pour the water with sugar to make a sugar syrup and boil for 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Over the peel, pour the sugar syrup and cover the mixture for 24 hours.
- Again repeat the process of sugar syrup the next day and pour the syrup again on the peels. Leave the peels again for 24 hours.
- In a saucepan, make syrup and add peel boil for 30 minutes until they simmer.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl and leave the mixture for 4 days.
- On the wire rack, place the drain the fruit and leave at a totally dry place or until they will look dry.
- It will take another 7 days to make peels candies and I will suggest you keep them in a dry place.
- After 7 days, you can have them and the best way to store peels candies is in air-tight containers.
Finally, Mixed Peel is ready to replace your favorite chocolate candies.
Nutritional Facts Of Mixed Peel
I know their are health-conscious people who always check nutritional breakdown of everything they eat. For those people, I have mentioned nutritional information table below.
How To Make Mixed Peel at Home | Video
This recipe can be made very easily but still, I insist you to at least watch this video so that you can make it even better. Here is the video.
I hope this Mixed Peel recipe video will help you and you will like it. Do try to make these candies at home and tell us about your experiences in the comment box below. Till then, stay safe and tune in for more recipes.