Mint chocolate chip ice cream is a unique flavor of ice cream. With the main flavor being peppermint, you can either love it or not like it all. But, as time has passed, this ice cream has grown on people.
I love making mint chocolate chip ice cream at home. I try to make ice creams at home sometimes and just decided to experiment with this flavor. It turned out really delicious and really easy to make. The ingredients weren’t a hassle at all.
To make mint chocolate chip ice cream, whisk together milk, sugar, heavy cream and peppermint extract. Then, churn it for 25 minutes and add chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours and your ice cream is ready!
This was just a brief summary. Find the step-by-step procedure down below. But before you check out the full recipe, do have a look at these other ice cream recipes.
1. Pralines and Cream Ice Cream– Pecan praline is one of my favourite ice creams. This homemade ice cream is a treat to have. Many brands in the market offer this ice cream but making it at your home is something you can’t refuse.
2. Green Tea Ice Cream– If you enjoy the refreshing taste of green tea, then you will love the creamy, sweet, yet sprightly taste of green tea ice cream. This delicious treat hits all the right notes and is fairly healthy, too.
3. Deep Fried Ice Cream– Yes! Ice Cream can be deep-fried too and this easy and yummy Deep Fried Ice cream Recipe is perfect for serving kids and adults alike.
4. Chunky Monkey Ice Cream– Ben & Jerry’s is one of the most authentic ice cream chains in America and this Chunky Monkey ice cream is one of their original flavours. It is made from bananas with chocolate chunks and brownie bits.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Ice Cream Maker
- Air Tight Container
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ⅔ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 4 ounces Chocolate Chips
- Add milk and sugar in a bowl, whisk until it will dissolve. Stir the mixture in heavy cream and peppermint.
- Pour the mixture in the ice cream maker and churn for 25 minutes. When the last 5 minutes are remaining for churning add chocolate chips in the mixture.
- In an airtight container transfer the ice cream for 3 hours.