The bread and butter are some of the most common breakfasts in the whole world. Bread is one of the primary ingredients that is used throughout the world and has various healthy and good nutritional values.
Bread are of many types and made up of different flours but the common part about bread is that it is really delicious. Whether it is pita bread or pizza bread, every type has its own texture and taste.
Today, we are going to make a kind of bread which I think is very much loved because it has a kind of deliciousness which will make you fall in love with it.
Today we are making Mini Croissants. Yes! those buttery Croissants which everyone loves and that too at home. Croissants are originally from Austria and is adapted and made in different parts of Europe as well
So, follow these instructions and let’s get started. But first, we need some ingredients. So let’s check them out.
Ingredients For Mini Croissant
|Instant yeast||7 tsp|
|Cake flour||4 cups|
|Kosher salt||1 tsp|
|Whole milk||1 cup|
|Unsalted butter||1 cup|
The ingredients are quite less and you can get them from your nearest grocery store.
This recipe will takes a good amount of time in total. You have to wait for 1 whole day to complete. So here is the complete time frame of this recipe below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||In active time||Cooking time||Total time|
|1 hour||1 day||10 minutes||1 day 1 hour 10 minutes|
Now comes the favorite part which everyone was waiting for. This part always makes me excited and I am full of happiness always while sharing the directions to make these Mini Croissant at home.
Mini Croissant Recipe
- Take a small bowl and mix water and yeast. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Take a mixer and add flour, sugar and salt in it, add milk and yeast mixture that you made and mix it until it forms a ball.
- Take out the dough and knead it for 5 minutes until it gets soft and firm.
- Now take a bowl and keep this dough in it, remember to grease the bowl and keep it for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Dust your work surface with some flour and roll the dough and make rectangular sheets out of it. let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the butter in a rectangular shape and place them between the sheets of wax paper and roll them. If it is too warm, then let the butter cool and then continue.
- Now place the rectangular sheet of butter on the rectangular dough that you have placed in the refrigerator and fold the dough until it covers the whole butter stack. You have to fold it from two sides to cover the butter and form a closed butter-filled dough.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough, dust the dough with dry flour, wrap it with some plastic wrap and refrigerate them for about 24 hours.
- After 24 hours take the dough out of the refrigerator and unwrap it, trim its sides to form the straight edges.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough in half size or as per your requirement, cut those sheets into halves, cut those strips into a triangular shape.
- After making the dough in a triangular shape, start with the base and roll them into crescents from the base towards the tip.
- Align the baking sheets and put silicon baking mats on them. Place the croissant on them carefully such that its tip is on the bottom.
- Whish the eggs and brush the surface of the croissants with those eggs, keep those croissants uncovered and let them rest for 2 hours.
- Before you bake, make sure to preheat your oven to 4000F. bake them for about 15-28 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool and done.
So finally, you have made these homemade mini Croissants. Enjoy them along with a cup of tea or coffee with your friends and family.
Nutritional Facts of Mini Croissant
The nutritional breakdown is important for everyone and it is provided in the table down below.
|Saturated fat||2 gm|
How To Make Mini Croissant at Home | Video
This recipe is a little bit confusing and I would recommend you all to watch this video before proceeding.
I hope you have like this recipe. Please tell us what you think about this recipe and its taste in the comments section below. Till then stay tuned for more such recipes and stay safe.