Today we are making mini Croissants. I will tell you how you can make buttery Croissants and that too, at home. You can have this delicious layered bread for breakfast. It goes with butter, jams, and even chocolate.
Contrary to common belief, Croissants are not actually French. This delicious crescent bread is originally from Austria and was then adapted and made in different parts of Europe. It has since become a huge part of French culture.
To make mini Croissants, mix yeast and water. Prepare the dough by mixing flour, sugar, salt, milk, and the yeast mixture. Roll the dough and make rectangular sheets. Place rectangular slabs of butter between two sheets and set them aside to rest for 24 hours. Then, cut the dough into triangular strips and roll them. Brush with eggs and bake until they turn golden.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Mary Berry’s Orange Drop Scones– This scone is named after a very renowned celebrity chef Mary Berry. This recipe is the best drop scones recipe ever. It has all the common ingredients like sugar, flour, butter, egg.
2. Welsh Rarebit– Welsh rarebit is a dish made from hot cheese sauce served over crispy toasted bread. It also has flavors of mustard and pepper with notes of beer. It is a cheesy saucy spread for toasted bread.
3. Chocolate Chip Waffles– These waffles are a delicious and sweet breakfast. They are the perfect breakfast for you if you love waffles and anything with chocolate chips. All you need is a waffle iron, some basic ingredients, and a few minutes of your time.
4. Spinach Bread– If you want to make bread that is nutritious and also unique in flavor then, you must try spinach bread. It consists of cooked spinach and cheese. It is easy to make and is really delicious.
Mini Croissant Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Wax Paper
- Plastic Wrap
- Baking Sheet
- 7 tsp Instant Yeast
- ⅓ cup Water
- 4 cups Cake Flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- In a small bowl, mix water and yeast. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer, add flour, sugar, and salt. Then, add the yeast mixture and milk. Mix it until it forms a ball.
- Take out the dough and knead it for 5 minutes until it gets soft and firm.
- Keep this dough in a greased bowl and keep it for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Dust your work surface with some flour and roll the dough. Make rectangular sheets out of it. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, give the butter a rectangular shape and place them between the sheets of wax paper and roll them. If it is too warm then, let the butter cool.
- Now, place the rectangular sheet of butter on the rectangular dough. Fold the dough until it covers the whole butter slab. You have to fold it from two sides to cover the butter and form a closed butter-filled dough.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough, dust the dough with dry flour, wrap it with some plastic wrap and refrigerate them for about 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, take the dough out of the refrigerator and unwrap it. Trim its sides to form straight edges.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough in half size or as per your requirement, cut those sheets into halves, cut those strips into a triangular shape.
- When the triangle-shaped dough is ready, start with the base and roll them into crescents from the base towards the tip.
- Align the baking sheets and put silicone baking mats on them. Place the croissants on them carefully.
- Brush the surface of the croissants with beaten eggs. Keep the croissants uncovered and let them rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 4000F before baking. Bake them for about 15-28 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool and your mini Croissants are ready.
I hope you have like this recipe. Please tell us what you think about this recipe and its taste in the comments section below. Till then stay tuned for more such recipes and stay safe.