Everyone likes to eat something healthy and tasty simultaneously. To end this hunt, I have brought a recipe of mini bagels, which you will definitely like.
To make mini bagels at home, start by making the dough with flour, yeast, salt, and olive oil. Shape the dough in balls and cook them in a pot until they rise.
Sprinkle sesame seeds and put them on a baking tray. Bake the balls until golden brown. Serve hot with the dipping sauce of your choice.
If you have instant dry yeast or rapid rise yeast you can add it directly to your flour mixture. There’s no need to dissolve it in warm water, it’s ready to work!
This recipe is relatively easy to make and has all-natural ingredients that are good for your health. So, what are you waiting for then? Let’s start making these mini bagels at home.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Mini Bagels?
- Oven – Bake the bagels in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until they change from white to a golden brown.
- Baking Tray – Put cooked bagels on a baking tray for baking.
- Pot – Cook the bagels in the pot of water until they rise on the top of the pot.
- Bowl – Make the dough for the bagels in a bowl by combining the ingredients.
- Clean Kitchen Towel – Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel for about 10 minutes and let it rest.
- Knife – Once the dough is ready, cut it into small balls to make bagels.
- Slotted Spoon – Carefully remove the bagels from the water and place them on a baking tray using a slotted spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Mini Bagels?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour 15 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Mini Bagels?
- All-Purpose Flour – Use all-purpose flour to make dough for the bagels stiffer and tackier.
- Active Dry Yeast – Use active dry yeast to help the dough to rise. I recommend an instant or active dry yeast.
- Lukewarm Water – Use lukewarm water for the water bath to make the balls rise.
- Olive Oil – Oil will help to tenderize the dough, preventing them from toughness.
- Sesame Seeds – Sprinkle sesame seeds over the balls to add a kick of a mild, sweet, and nutty flavor.
- Salt – Salt will help in dough’s expansion during fermentation.
Steps To Make Mini Bagels
1. Shape The Balls
Start by preheating your oven to 4000F. Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl and add salt and flour in it and mix it well.
Now pour some water in this mixture and drizzle olive oil and add dry yeast.
Mix it well to make a dough. Cover this dough with a clean kitchen towel for about 10 minutes and let it rest.
After resting your dough, knead the dough on a plain surface with some dry flour and knead it well until it is fluffy and elastic.
Once the dough is ready, cut it into even small shaped balls and make a hole at its center with your finger.
2. Bake The Balls
Take a large pot and add water in it and allow it to boil. Once the water is boiled, add these bagels in the water and let them cook until they rise on the top of the pot.
Take these bagels out once raised at the top of the pot and sprinkle some sesame seeds on them.
Now put these bagels on the baking tray and let them bake for 10 to 15 minutes until they change from white to a golden brown.
Once baked, take them out and let them cool and then enjoy your favorite mini bagels at home.
Serve them with any sauce or dip whatever you like. It adds to its taste and makes it even better. So, this was how you make Mini Bagels at home.
How Will Mini Bagels Look And Taste Like?
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, these mini bagels, made from white flour, are both healthy and delicious. Essentially a breakfast treat, these are best enjoyed with a layer of butter or cream cheese.
Mini bagels are also great for kid-sized hands and appetites — these mini bagels will be a huge hit in school lunches and after school snack time!
Mini Bagels Recipe
- 250 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 165 ml Lukewarm Water
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 4000F.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add both salt and flour in it and mix it well.
- Add some water in this mixture and some olive oil and dry yeast and make dough of it.
- Cover this dough with a clean kitchen towel for about 10 minutes and let it rest.
- Knead the dough on any plain surface with some dry flour until it is fluffy and elastic.
- Once the dough is ready, cut it into even small shaped balls and make a hole at its center with your finger alike donuts.
- Take a large pot and add water in it and allow it to boil.
- Once the water is boiled, add these bagels in the water and let them cook until they rise on the top of the pot.
- Take these bagels out once raised at the top of the pot and sprinkle some sesame seeds on them.
- Now put these bagels on the baking tray and let them bake for 10 to 15 minutes until they change from white to a golden brown.
- After the color has changed, take them out and let them cool and then enjoy with your favorite mini bagels at home.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have to boil bagels before baking?
Breads such as bagels are made by boiling them first because boiling sets the crust before it is placed in the oven. The starch on the exterior quickly gels and forms a barrier. This keeps the water from penetrating very far into the bread. Bagels are usually boiled for 30 to 60 seconds per side.
What is a mini bagel?
A mini-bagel is a smaller version of a bagel, which is a circle-shaped bread that is both boiled and baked. Bagels can be either plain bread — this can be white, wheat, rye or another type of bread — or mixed with ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. They also can have toppings such as onions or poppy seeds.
Why are my bagels too chewy?
When too much flour is kneaded in, bagels become dense, hard and tough, instead of crisp and chewy. It can easily take 10 minutes of mixing and kneading before the right texture and gluten strength is achieved. This is what the inside of a well-made bagel should look like.
Why do you dip bagels in water?
The explanations of why a bagel is dipped in boiling water and why it has a hole in the middle are interconnected. First, the boiling water has a little sugar added to it, which serves to glaze the dough, and give it a satisfying surface texture when baked.
I hope you like this mini bagels recipe and will give it a try at your home. Please do try and tell us about your experiences that you had while making this recipe in the comments section below. Till then, stay safe and keep cooking.