Minestrone soup is a dish of Italian origin. This soup is made with pasta and various vegetables. In this blog, I am going to show you how you can easily make it at home.
Minestrone soup is very popular among people because of the mix-match of the vegetables it has. The minestrone soup was popular in the 2nd century BC. During that time, people used a mix of all the vegetables that were either leftover or fresh and made this amazingly delicious minestrone soup.
To make minestrone soup, heat oil in a pot and cook onions and garlic in it. Then, add carrots, celery, herbs, and salt and cook them for some time. Then, add tomato puree and chicken broth and bring this mixture to a boil. After that, add kidney beans and pasta to it. Cook it for some time until the pasta is cooked. Garnish with parmesan and basil and then serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Cock-a-Leekie Soup– Cock-a-Leekie soup is a very tasty and light soup made up of chicken, bacon, vegetables, herbs, and bread. You can imagine that it’s high in nutritional contents and is very healthy, in addition to being hearty and delicious.
2. 10 Bean Soup– With the dash of spice, this soup gives you a rich flavor. Make the soup part of your diet will make you healthy as its liquid will not only hydrate you but the solids will make it a hearty meal for you.
3. Turkey Soup– This soup is a mixture of chicken pieces cooked (or boiled) with some ground herbs and spices. The soup is healthy and takes almost no time to make it.
4. Black Soup– This soup is actually very good for one’s health; it contains some leaves like the scent, uziza, and bitter leaves which are having good health benefits. These leaves are good for the stomach and also relieve heartburn.
What's In The Post
Ingredients For Minestrone Soup
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1½ cups Green Beans
- Ground Pepper and Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 100 ounces Tomatoes (crushed)
- 128 ounces Salt Less Diced Tomatoes
- 115 ounces Low Sodium Kidney Beans
- 6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Elbow Pasta
- 2 tablespoon Basil (chopped)
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Minestrone Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes|
Steps To Make Minestrone Soup
- Take a large pot, add some olive oil to it, and heat it over medium flame.
- Toss in the onions and cook them for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add in the garlic and let it cook for almost 45 seconds.
- Add in carrot and celery and cook until they get tender for about 6 minutes.
- Nextly, put in the dried oregano, basil and green basil. Then, season it with pepper and salt and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Then, add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth to it and bring it to a boil.
- Lower up the flame and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then, toss in the pasta and kidney beans. Cook until the vegetables and pasta become soft for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly, season the soup with salt and garnish with basil and parmesan. Then, serve it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Minestrone Soup