Minestrone soup is an Italian originared soup made with pasta and various vegetables and in this blog, I am going to show you how you can easily make it at home.
Minestrone soup is very popular among people because of the mix-match of the vegetables it has. I want to tell you all that it has a really interesting history associated with it. Minestrone soup was popular in the 2nd century BC. During that time, people used a mix of all the vegetables that were either leftover or fresh and made this amazingly delicious minestrone soup.
To prepare minestrone soup, you need onions, olive oil, celery, carrots, garlic, oregano, beans, pepper, kosher salt, basil, tomatoes, salt, tomatoes, kidney beans, chicken broth, parmesan cheese, elbow pasta and chopped basil. To prepare this soup, you will have to heat up the olive oil firstly and then cook the vegetables and season it and bring it to a boil along with water and then serve it.
I know the cooking procedure for Italian minestrone sounds easy and interesting. But this was just a brief of the recipe; detailed steps of this soup with the exact cooking time and nutritional breakdown is mentioned below. But first, get the ingredients that you need to have.
Ingredients For Minestrone Soup
- 1 Diced Onion
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Diced Celery
- 1 Diced Carrot
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1½ cups Green Beans
- Ground Pepper and Kosher Salt (by taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 100 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 128 ounces Salt Less Diced Tomatoes
- 115 ounces Low Sodium Kidney Beans
- 6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ⅓ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Elbow Pasta
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Basil
You can get some of the ingredients in your house. You can gather the remaining ones from online grocery stores and nearby supermarkets. Now if you all are done with the ingredients, let’s check how much time you need to invest in preparing this delicious recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Minestrone Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes|
This super easy recipe to prepare this vintage Italian soup gets prepared in just 45 minutes. Now follow the below given directions in a proper manner to make the perfect recipe.
Steps To Make Minestrone Soup
- Take a large pot and add in some olive oil and heat it over medium flame.
- Next step is to toss in the onions and cook them for almost 4-5 minutes.
- Now add in the garlic and let it cook for almost 45 seconds.
- Now you need to add in carrot and celery and cook until they get tender for about 6 minutes.
- Nextly you just need to put in the dried oregano, basil and green basil and then season it with pepper and salt by taste and let it get cooked for 4 more minutes.
- Now you will need to put in the crushed tomatoes and chicken broth it and let it boil.
- Now you need to lower up the flame and let it simmer for about 11 minutes.
- The next step is to toss in the pasta and kidney beans and let the vegetables and pasta get soft, which will take about 9 minutes.
- Now at last, you need to season it with salt and then serve it with basil and parmesan at the top.
I am sure once you serve it to your friends and family they will love it and will ask for more because of the awesome taste of this soup.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Minestrone Soup
So that you all can know how will minestrone soup affect your diet plan, a table depicting all the nutritious content has been mentioned below.
How To Make Minestrone Soup At Home | Video
If you need any further help, a video demonstrating the proper recipe has been further below.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of this Italian minestrone soup. Do try it at your home and share your reviews in the comments section below. Also, share this recipe with your friends and family as well, so they can also enjoy this wonderful soup.