Milk steak is the easiest of the many crazy culinary experiments from the hit show, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If you haven’t heard of milk steak, let me be your guide. The milk steak is the beef steak cooked in milk with some rich spices. Milk makes the steak juicy, tender, and flavorful. Know more in the article below.
There is a mention of milk steak in the 26th episode of season 5 of the show. However, it was never revealed what it is or how it is cooked. Nevertheless, some great chefs have figured out how to make milk steak, and have created the best version of milk steak. It is surely not a common combination but tastes really delicious.
To make milk steak, coat steak with salt and pepper and set it aside for some time. Then, in a saucepan, heat a teaspoon of canola oil. In the heating oil add whole fat milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, and a teaspoon of honey. Simmer it for 2 minutes and add the seasoned beef steak into the milk. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
When the steak is cooked, serve with milk poured on the top, and garnish it with raw jelly beans. You are good to go! The results will be magnifying with juicy and tenderized beef steak. Taste the different flavors by making a knockoff milk steak at home. Refer to the details below.
While we’re on the topic of milk, here is a list of whole milk substitutes. This is just an overview of the recipe. The complete list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts and instructions are mentioned below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Tuna Casserole– This recipe mainly comprises pasta, canned tuna, canned peas, and sometimes corn. This delicious recipe is going to be one of your favorite tuna recipes.
2. Huevos Con Chorizo– The name pretty much says it all: This is a simple breakfast dish of eggs scrambled with chorizo.
3. Carne Asada– Marinated flank or skirt steak is grilled to perfection for the best Authentic Carne Asada recipe. This tender, grilled meat is full of authentic Mexican flavor.
4. Veal Scallopini– Tender veal scaloppine dredged in flour and sauteed in butter gets a boost of brightness from a simple pan sauce made with white wine and a generous squeeze of lemon.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Milk Steak?
- Saucepan – Simmer the milk and cook the steak in the saucepan.
- Tongs – Using a tong, you can flip the steaks to cook on bothe sides.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Milk Steak?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Milk Steak?
- Milk – Bring the whole fat milk to a proper boil to cook the steak.
- Honey – A teaspoon of honey will add sweetness to the milk.
- Canola Oil – A teaspoon of canola oil will keep the steak moist and tender.
- Cinnamon – For bringing spicy and sweet flavors to the milk, add a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Nutmeg – Slightly nutty and woodsy flavors will be infused with a nutmeg.
- Vanilla Extract – Add some aromatic blend with a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Beef Steaks – Take half a pound of beef steaks.
- Garlic – Crushed or minced garlic will add sharp and fragrant blend to the milk steak.
- Salt – Season the steak with salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Roll the steak with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Milk Steak
1. Intial Stage
Take your beef steaks and season them with salt and black pepper. Then in a saucepan, heat a teaspoon of canola oil. In the heating oil add whole fat milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, and a teaspoon of honey. Simmer it for 2 minutes and add the seasoned beef steak into the milk. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
Turn off the flame when the steak is cooked. Remove the steak from the milk with a tong. Pour a tablespoon of milk on the top and garnish it with raw jelly beans. The milk steak will be ready!
|Sodium||409. 7 mg|
How Will Milk Steak Look And Taste Like?
Milk steak has been referred to as Charlie Kelly’s favorite food that is boiled over hard. It is juicy, tender, and flavorful. The steak is soaked and cooked in boiled milk with spices that taste delicious. The end result of this recipe will leave you stunned. And, of course, you will get to know why Charlie Kelly in it’s always sunny in Philadelphia loves milk steak. Along with the good food, you will get a chance to watch a great series. Don’t miss this!
Milk Steak Recipe
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 200 g Beef Steaks
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cover the steak with salt and black pepper. Keep it aside for half an hour.
- Take a skillet and heat the milk with the spices. Cook steak on both sides for 5 minutes until they turn golden. Keep them separate.
- Dip the seasoned steak into the milk and let it simmer for 30 minutes until the steak is tender and cooked through.
- You can use this gravy to cook the steak or you can pour this gravy over the steak.
- Garnish the steak with jelly beans once it is cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a milk steak?
Milk steak is a beef steak boiled in milk with some rich spices.
Can I cook meat in milk?
Yes, it is great to cook the beef steak in the milk. The milk keeps it tender and juicy.
Will soaking cube steak in milk make it tender?
Soaking and boiling the steak in the milk will infuse the flavors and makes it tender.
Can you cook steak with butter?
Yes, definitely, to bring out the creamy texture, you can cook the beef steak using butter.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Prepare the milk steak and share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes.