The recipe for today is called Miami rice. This recipe will make your taste buds go on a crazy ride after you have a single bite of it. It is a great rice recipe with healthy ingredients like beans and some greens.
The Miami rice is beneficial for your body. It contains beans that are known for the various nutritional elements present in them. They help in reducing blood pressure and in keeping your bones sturdy. The herbs and spices used in it are also beneficial for your metabolism.
To make Miami rice, soak the beans in water overnight. In a pot, boil beans along with garlic. Now, heat oil in a pan and cook onions, garlic, and bell peppers into it. Add rice to it and saute it. Then, add chicken broth, cooked beans, and spices to it and cook the rice. Garnish it with lemon wedges and cilantro.
This is only an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Texas-Style Spanish– Spanish rice is a simple dish with a super simple recipe to make at home. It is also known as Mexican rice. This recipe goes great with all the Tex-Mex meals like enchiladas, tamales, and some others.
2. Thai Pineapple Fried Rice– Thai pineapple fried rice is an amazing dish from Thai cuisine. It is healthy, nutritious, vegetarian, and delicious. It has a spicy and savory flavor and the tang of lime. It is quick to make stir-fry for summer dinners.
3. Small Red Beans and Rice– Tender red beans and spicy Andouille sausage are cooked into a full-bodied dish that’s heavy on aromatics and authentic flavor. It’s that classic Southern comfort food, Louisiana Red Beans, and Rice.
4. Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice– If you are fond of Tex-Mex recipes, then you will surely love this one. The recipe is for tex-mex chicken with black beans and rice.
Miami Rice Recipe
- Large Pot
- Dutch Pan
- 1 pound Black Beans
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (smashed)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Lime Wedges and Cilantro (to garnish)
- Soak the beans overnight and wash, clean, and rinse them very well.
- In a large pot, add enough water so that the beans are fully covered with it. Add the smashed garlic into it along with some bay leaves.
- Bring this water to boil. After it boils, reduce the heat and keep it on low. Keep it aside once ready.
- Now, take a Dutch pan and add some olive oil into it. Keep it over a high flame. Add onions, peppers and garlic into it.
- Add the vegetables as well and keep stirring until they are soft.
- Now, add the rice and sauté it for 2 minutes until it turns light brown in color.
- Pour the chicken broth in this rice mix. Add the cooked black beans to it along with some cumin, oregano, pepper, cayenne, and salt. Stir it once and bring it to a boil.
- Cook it until the water is absorbed fully. Cover the pot with a lid for better cooking of rice.
- Serve it with fresh lime and cilantro.