Making Mexican Sushi has never been easy until now but I found the simplest and easiest way to make this recipe. In this post, I am going to share how I make Mexican Sushi at my home.
I was bored eating the same traditional sushi, so I tried some new kind of sushi. I googled and came to know about Mexican Sushi. I searched for the best Mexican Sushi restaurants in Los Angeles and learned about El Sushi Loco. I went there and tried their sushi. It was so spicy and crunchy. I asked their chef if I can see them making the sushi in the kitchen and they agreed and I learned their recipe.
The first step in making Mexican Sushi is to soften the Tortillas. Then mix the cream and chipotle. Spread the mixture, black beans and salsa on tortillas. At last, scatter the avocados and cilantro over tortillas. Wrap them in plastic wrap tightly. Refrigerate them overnight and they are ready.
This was a very short summary of the recipe. To make your sushi even more perfect, make sure to see the complete recipe below which has each and every instruction in detail. Now let’s see the ingredients required for making this recipe.
Ingredients for Mexican Sushi
- 3 ounces Low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1.5 tbsp Seeded and finely chopped Chipotle in adobo
- ¾ cup chopped Cilantro leaves
- 1 large each Plain Flour Tortilla, Tomato-flavored Tortilla and Spinach-flavored Tortilla
- 6 tbsp Pico de Gallo Salsa
- ¾ cup Low-fat Refried Black Beans
- 1 ½ medium Avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and diced
Let us have an amazing experience with this Mexican Sushi recipe. With the additions like beef steak, cream cheese, jalapeño, avocado, breaded shrimp, and Tampico salad – a crab or surimi-based salad with jalapeño pepper, onion, and mayonnaise let’s own this recipe.
How Much Time Will Take To Make Mexican Sushi?
Well, here is the time frame to make it, in case your mouth is already watering. This will tell you how much patience you will have to keep.
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Refrigerate Time||Servings|
|15 Minutes||5 Minutes||OverNight||6|
Steps To Make Mexican Sushi
- Take tortillas and soften them with the help of an oven.
- Now take a bowl and mix the Cream and Chipotle in it.
- Keep your tortillas ready on a working tabletop and spread the mix of cream and chipotle on those tortillas.
- Then spread the black beans and salsa evenly topping the tortillas.
- Now in the last, scatter the Avacados and Cilantro in making the filling of your sushi rolls.
- Wrap them up in the plastic wrap tightly after rolling them up.
- Let them rest in the refrigerator overnight.
Your mexican sushi is ready and serve it with your choice of dip.
How about you pair it with a Spicy Ranch Dressing Made at Home? Well, go ahead and try the wild combination.
Nutritional Information for Mexican Sushi
For your information here is the breakdown of the nutrition that this dish will provide you.
How to Make Mexican Sushi at Home | Video
If you are making Mexican Sushi for the first time, then I highly recommend you to try this Mexican Sushi at home.
If you made this and liked it too much here are a few more versions of Sushi lined up for you.
The Monkey Roll, a sushi roll wrapped in banana, topped with chipotle, crowned with fried chile, and stuffed with cream cheese.
The tropical-inspired Samba Roll, a sushi roll wrapped in mango and is topped with a tropical-flavored pico de gallo.
Well, why not a Mexican Sushi Pizza? With such a successful partnership of the Japanese and Mexican cuisines why not try some more.
Keep Connected to try some more! Also, share your journey with us in the comment section below we would love to know your story.