Mexican sushi is a tortilla roll filled with cream cheese, salsa, black beans, and avocado. It is a simple and easy-to-make recipe. In this post, I am going to share how to make Mexican sushi at home.
I was bored eating the same traditional sushi, so I tried a new kind of sushi. I googled and came to know about Mexican sushi. I searched for the best Mexican sushi restaurants in Los Angeles and learned about El Sushi Loco. I went there and tried their sushi. It was so spicy and crunchy. So, I tried to make it and it was absolutely delicious.
To make Mexican sushi, soften the tortillas. Then, mix the cream cheese and chipotle in a bowl. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the tortillas. Also, add black beans and salsa to it. Lastly, add avocados and cilantro over the tortillas and roll them. Then, wrap them in a plastic wrap tightly. Refrigerate them overnight.
This was a very short summary of the recipe. To make your sushi even more perfect, make sure to see the complete recipe below which has every instruction in detail. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Crunchy Sushi Rolls– Making Crunchy Sushi Rolls has never been easy but, now it is with this recipe. Crunchy Roll Sushi is a delicious variation of the popular California Roll. This crunchy roll features shrimp tempura filling and a crispy topping of toasted panko breadcrumbs.
2. Meatloaf Muffins– We have always tried different kinds of muffins and today; we are going to make something innovative. We are making Meatloaf Muffins today which are literally very tasty.
3. Boston Sushi Rolls– Boston Rolls are filled with creamy avocado, poached shrimp, and crunchy cucumber, then rolled in nori seaweed sheet and sushi rice.
4. Cinderella Pumpkin– This recipe was originated in France and was famous during the 1880s. This Cinderella Pumpkin is also as Rouge Vif D’Etampes and people mostly eat it during winters.
What's In The Post
Mexican Sushi Recipe
- 1 large each Plain Flour Tortilla, Tomato-flavored Tortilla and Spinach-flavored Tortilla
- 1 ½ medium Avocados from Mexico (peeled, pitted and diced)
- ¾ cup low-fat Refried Black Beans
- ¾ cup Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 3 ounces low-fat Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chipotle in Adobo (seeded and finely chopped)
- 6 tablespoons Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Take tortillas and soften them with the help of an oven.
- Now, take a bowl and mix the cream cheese and Chipotle in it.
- Keep your tortillas ready on a working tabletop. Spread the mix of cream and chipotle on those tortillas.
- Then, spread the black beans and salsa evenly topping the tortillas.
- Lastly, add the avacados and cilantro to this filling. Then, roll the tortillas.
- Wrap them up in the plastic wrap tightly after rolling them up.
- Let them rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take them out after they have set and serve! You can pair it with a spicy ranch dressing made at home. Well, go ahead and try the wild combination.