The Mexican red bean salad is a simple and nutritious salad. The salad is made with beans, chickpeas, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, onion, and celery. The salad dressing uses garlic with other spices and oil. This dressing accentuates the flavor but doesn’t overpower the salad.
This Mexican red bean salad is just the respite to a long uninteresting day. It’s light and colorful and would be just what you’d need to lighten you up like. Let’s just say if this salad was something else, it’d be a rainbow. It’s healthy, it’s tasty, and just the thing to chew on a tiring wait or come back.
To make Mexican red bean salad, add red beans, chickpeas, and corn in a bowl. To it, add onions, bell peppers, celery, and cilantro leaves and mix. In another bowl, add the crushed garlic. Then, add coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil to it and beat it well. Drizzle it over the salad and toss the salad gently.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Red Curry With Vegetables– The Thai red curry with vegetables is an excellent dish that’ll leave you craving for more. You’ll have a happy belly and a happier heart. It is rich, creamy, and also full of vegetables.
2. Grilled Ginger Salmon With Pineapple Chipotle Glaze– A grilled fish glazed with Pineapple Chipotle has a flavorous shiny topping that makes you wonder-struck. At the end of all-day previous preparations of this amazing dish, you get an ever so yummy tasting salmon, with the extreme tastes ever.
3. Chicken Chickpea Stew– You can make this quick Chicken and Chickpea Stew Recipe with tomatoes on a stove, in a slow cooker, or Instant Pot. Best of all, turn this into a healthy freezer meal for busy families!
4. Yucatan Potato Salad– This is not your regular potato salad. Potatoes are combined with roasted peppers, olives, onion, and sweet pickles in a lime dressing. Try this when you want to be a little different.
What's In The Post
Mexican Red Bean Salad with Corn and Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 Bowls
- 1 cup Red Kidney Beans (cooked)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 cup Corn (boiled)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Celery Stem (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons Cilantro Leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- 8 teaspoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- In a bowl, add red kidney beans, chickpeas, corn, red bell pepper, cilantro leaves, onion, and celery stem. Mix them and place the bowl aside.
- Take another bowl and add garlic cloves to it. Also, add coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, and vinegar to it and mix.
- Now, add oil and black pepper to the garlic mixture and mix it well. Add this dressing to a salad bowl and toss the ingredients so everything gets covered.
- Put the salad in the refrigerator for some time and serve.