I still remember the first time I visited a Mexican Restaurant with my friends. I was so confused about what to order, so I let my friend order on my behalf as well. I don’t exactly remember what he ordered but there is one item from that day I still remember. And that thing is Mexican Adobo Sauce.
Since that day, I fell in love with that Mexican Adobo Sauce. I found out the Mexican Adobo Sauce recipe and made it home several times to give my daily meals a Mexican twist and find endless perfect combinations too and some things are just irreplaceable.
Adobo initially means marinade and it is an irreplaceable sauce that has this extreme taste to delight you with an extraordinary taste in your taste buds. Adobo sauce is an authentic Mexican sauce made from dried chile peppers that boasts an impossibly rich taste and has a velvety texture. So let’s make this little secret to tasty food.
So today, I will share my Mexican Adobo Sauce Recipe with you all, so you can also give day-to-day food a Mexican twist.
Ingredients for Adobo Sauce Recipe
|Ancho chile powder||½ cup|
|Olive Oil||1 tsp|
|Garlic cloves||8 units|
|Ground cinnamon (Mexican Canela)||½ tsp|
|Ground black pepper||¼ tsp|
|Ground cumin||1/8 tsp|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Apple cider vinegar||3 tbsp|
|Kosher salt||1.5 tsp|
Important notes about ingredients:
- Ancho chili is a large aromatic variety of chili, used (usually dried) in dishes of Mexican origin or style.
- Mexican canela is a type of cinnamon from Sri Lanka called Ceylon, but known as canela in Mexico.
- Apple cider vinegar, is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple must and has a pale to medium amber color.
- Kosher salt is a variety of edible salt with a much larger grain size than some common table salt, it consists mainly of the chemical compound sodium chloride.
How much time it will take:
|15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
Mexican Adobo Sauce Recipe
- Boil some water and put Ancho Chile Powder in a blender with the water you’ve boiled and blend both the items to create a smooth paste.
- Now take a pan and put olive oil in it and roast in it until they become golden brown.
- After roasting the garlic, put this roasted garlic in the blender along with other ingredients like pepper, oregano, cumin, vinegar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Now blend it until all the ingredients blend together.
- For better taste, put the Adobo Sauce in the refrigerator for a day or two,
Use it as a marinade for fish, scallops, shrimp, chicken or pork destined for the grill or skillet. Stir a little into rice as it cooks. Mix with ground pork. Add to any soup. In season sautéed greens or potatoes. Use it to drizzle over a salad.
Nutritional Information of Mexican Adobo Sauce Recipe