Drinks are an essential part of get-togethers and parties. With the arrival of the holiday season, if you plan your party menu, you must check out the melon ball cocktail recipe.
Melon ball cocktail is made with two simple ingredients – Midori melon liqueur and vodka and is topped off with a fresh squeeze of orange.
This drink looks attractive with its brilliant green color and a topping of skewered fresh scoped melon balls.
As for its flavor, melon ball cocktails have a tropical fruity flavor. This vodka shot would be the tastiest you will find. Let’s check out the melon ball cocktail recipe that gets ready within minutes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Melon Ball Cocktail?
- Glass – You will need a martini or shot glass to serve the cocktail.
- Melon Scooper – A melon scooper will be needed to scoop out fresh melon balls.
- Knife – A knife will be needed to cut the melon.
- Skewers – You will need a skewer to insert melon balls into for garnishing.
- Pitcher – You’ll need a pitcher to mix the cocktail.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Melon Ball Cocktail?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||2 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Melon Ball Cocktail?
- Midori – To make a melon ball cocktail, you will need two ounces of Midori liqueur.
- Vodka – To add a kick of alcohol, you will need one ounce of vodka.
- Orange Juice – To finish the drink, you will need a freshly-squeezed orange.
- Melon Balls – You will need freshly scooped melon balls to garnish the drink and give it a melony taste.
Steps To Make Melon Ball Cocktail
1. Mix The Liquids
Take a pitcher or a mixing glass and add vodka and Midori liquor. Mix the drinks and top them off with freshly squeezed orange juice.
2. Serve The Drink
Pour the cocktail into your serving glass. Cut melon into half and scoop out melon balls with the help of a melon scooper. Insert the melon balls into skewers and garnish the drink by placing it on the rim.
What To Serve With a Melon Ball Cocktail?
Melon ball cocktail is a sweet and fruity-tasting drink. You can serve it with a platter of nuts or prosciutto-wrapped melon, crackers, canapes, or any savory side dish you choose.
What Type of Vodka Should I Use?
Choosing vodka for cocktails should be done carefully, as different qualities of vodka deliver different flavors.
If you plan to serve a melon ball cocktail in a martini glass, then you must go for a good quality vodka with smoother notes.
However, if you plan to serve melon ball shots, the choice of vodka is not as important. That’s because shots are gulped down.
To know more about the types of vodka to choose from, you can gather knowledge from here.
Moreover, to experiment with the flavor of this drink, you can also pick a flavored fruity vodka.
How Strong Is a Melon Ball Cocktail?
Melon ball cocktail is the lightest vodka-based drink you can enjoy. This cocktail’s alcohol content, on average, is 17 percent ABV (34 proof).
However, be careful not to let the fruity and sweet flavors trick you into drinking more.
How Will A Melon Ball Cocktail Look And Taste?
A melon ball cocktail has a tropical fruity and sweet taste. It looks attractive sitting at the bar counter with its bright green color.
Melon Ball Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces Midori Liquor
- 1 ounce Vodka
- Juice of 1 Orange (freshly-squeezed)
- 2-3 Melon Balls (freshly scooped)
- Take a pitcher or mixing glass. Pour vodka and Midori liquor into it.
- Stir the drink. Squeeze a fresh orange juice.
- Pour the drink into the serving glass.
- Cut a melon into half and scoop out 2-3 melon balls.
- Insert the melon balls in a skewer and place them on the rim of the serving glass.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is a melon ball cocktail made of?
Melon ball cocktail is made of Midori liqueur, vodka, and freshly squeezed orange juice.
What is the alcohol content in one serving of melon ball cocktail
This cocktail’s alcohol content, on average, is 17 percent ABV (34 proof).
Can a melon ball cocktail get you drunk?
Melon ball cocktails have a low ABV, which doesn’t make a single drink too strong. But a couple of drinks can get you drunk.
I hope you try this super simple and flavorful melon ball cocktail recipe. Do let me know how it turned out to be.