Before we learn to make Melba Sauce at home, did you know it is a sweet sauce made from fresh raspberries? Well, Melba Sauce goes perfect with Peach Melba, cake or any other dessert. This cool and delicious sauce is a perfect combination of raspberries, lemon and especially red currant jelly.
This homemade Melba Sauce recipe has the capacity of yielding 1 1/4 cups of melba sauce as well as can be served to 5 people, at the very least. Learning how to make Melba Sauce at home isn’t a cumbersome process at all, worth to give a try.
Also, if you want to make Melba Sauce with thick density, either add more jelly or avoid diluting juice from raspberries. In case Melba sauce made at home gets too thick, you can add water, bring it to a boil while stirring until it gets tender.
This incredible Melba Sauce made at home would add more flavour to your main dish. If you are eager to learn how to make Melba Sauce at home all by yourself, refer to the directions given below and enjoy!
Ingredients for making Melba Sauce at home
|Frozen raspberries||10 ounces|
|Red currant jelly||1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon peel, finely grated||1/4 teaspoon|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time (excluding refrigeration time)|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Melba Sauce Recipe
- Take a saucepan and put thawed raspberries (frozen raspberries are to be thawed before) into it.
- After covering it with a lid, simmer of 15 minutes.
- In order to extract its juice, use a strainer allowing the juice to escape into a glass measuring cup as well as throw away seeds and pulp.
- You can add water to the juice to make it about two- thirds of the cup, if needed.
- Now, pour the juice into a clean pan followed by adding remaining ingredients.
- Keep stirring while it simmers and ensure the jelly gets melted, sugar gets dissolved and the mixture is tender.
- Store it in an airtight jar and cool it down before covering it for refrigeration.
- Serve when it’s ready to use.