Melba Sauce is an awesome add-on for waffles, ice cream and pancakes. That is why today, I am gonna share the secret recipe for melba sauce.
Whenever I think of making something from raspberries, melba sauce is on my priority list. When I visited my sister’s home one summer, this red color sauce appeared fascinating to me. So I tasted the sauce and it was very tasty. Then I asked for the recipe from her and started making it at my home.
Melba sauce is made by simmering raspberries for 15 minutes. Then use a strainer to separate the juice. Pour the juice into the pan and add sugar, jelly, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt. Stir for some time and store it in an airtight jar. At last, refrigerate and sauce is ready.
The full detailed recipe for melba sauce is mentioned below. So make sure you follow the detailed recipe to make the perfect melba sauce ever. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Carrot Top Pesto– The dip has got some tangy and salty flavor that makes your everyday food spicy and tasty. This recipe pairs perfectly with pasta, lasagna and sandwiches.
2. Parsley Sauce– The sauce is very easy to make and gives a good aroma. The creamy texture of the recipe makes it an excellent addition to any cuisine.
3. Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce– The tomato basil pizza sauce really makes some awesome pizzas. This version of the sauce has some extra ingredients which make it different than the traditional pizza sauce.
4. Mexican Adobo Sauce– Mexican adobo sauce is perfect for any kind of Mexican cuisine. The sauce is mainly made from chili powder, garlic, vinegar and other spices.
Melba Sauce Recipe
- 10 ounces Frozen Raspberries
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Red Currant Jelly
- ¼ tsp Finely Grated Lemon Peel
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Salt
- Take a saucepan and put thawed raspberries (frozen raspberries are to be thawed before) into it.
- After covering it with a lid, simmer for 15 minutes.
- In order to extract its juice, use a strainer allowing the juice to escape into a glass measuring cup as well as throw away seeds and pulp.
- You can add water to the juice to make it about two-thirds of the cup if needed.
- Now, pour the juice into a clean pan, followed by adding the remaining ingredients.
- Keep stirring while it simmers and ensure the jelly gets melted, sugar gets dissolved and the mixture is tender.
- Store it in an airtight jar and cool it down before covering it for refrigeration.
- Serve when it's ready to use.
So now what are you waiting for? Go and make this awesome sauce at your home. Don’t forget to leave your valuable reviews in the comment section below.