Melba Sauce is an awesome add on for waffles, ice cream and pancakes. That is why today, I am gonna share the secret recipe for melba sauce.
Whenever I think of making something from raspberries, melba sauce is on my priority list. When I visited my sister’s home one summer, this red colour sauce appeared fascinating to me. So I tasted the sauce and it was very tasty. Then I asked for the recipe from her and started making it at my home.
Melba sauce is made by simmering raspberries for 15 minutes. Then use a strainer to separate the juice. Pour the juice into the pan and add sugar, jelly, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt. Stir for some time and store it in an airtight jar. At last, refrigerate and sauce is ready.
The full detailed recipe for melba sauce is mentioned below. So make sure you follow the detailed recipe to make the perfect melba sauce ever. Now let’s see the ingredients to make this sauce.
Ingredients for Melba Sauce
- 10 ounces Frozen Raspberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Red Currant Jelly
- 1/4 tsp finely grated Lemon Peel
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Salt
You can easily grab these ingredients at grocery store or supermarket nearby. Now let’s see how much time it takes to make melba sauce.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Melba Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time (Excluding refrigeration time)|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins|
This recipe won’t take much of your time. It only takes less than 20 minutes to make this sauce. Now let’s see the steps to make this sauce.
Steps to Make Melba Sauce
- Take a saucepan and put thawed raspberries (frozen raspberries are to be thawed before) into it.
- After covering it with a lid, simmer of 15 minutes.
- In order to extract its juice, use a strainer allowing the juice to escape into a glass measuring cup as well as throw away seeds and pulp.
- You can add water to the juice to make it about two- thirds of the cup if needed.
- Now, pour the juice into a clean pan followed by adding remaining ingredients.
- Keep stirring while it simmers and ensure the jelly gets melted, sugar gets dissolved and the mixture is tender.
- Store it in an airtight jar and cool it down before covering it for refrigeration.
- Serve when it’s ready to use.
Nutritional Breakdown of Melba Sauce
Here is complete nutritional breakdown of this wonderful sauce made of raspberries.
How to Make Melba Sauce at Home | Video
Here is a video tutorial on how you can make this sauce. Make sure you refer to this video if you are having any doubt.
So now what are you waiting for? Go and make this awesome sauce at your home. Don’t forget to leave your valuable reviews in the comment section below.