If you are looking for a healthy recipe for your next meal, then I am here to tell you how you can make the best meatloaf recipe with oatmeal.
Do you guys know that meatloaf was very popular during the great American depression as it was cheap and could take out more meals for more people and it was tasty as well? Making simple meatloaf at home is awesome, but when you add oats to it, the taste of the recipe just reaches to another level.
For preparing meatloaf with oatmeal, we require onion, oats, beef, eggs, milk, salt, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, ketchup, onion powder, yellow mustard, brown sugar. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients and beef and bake it properly.
This might seem easy but I will be discussing the proper steps with for your help going in proper order with all the details. But first, let’s check out all the ingredients you need to prepare this recipe.
Ingredients For Meatloaf with Oatmeal
- 1 cup Onion
- ¾ cups Oats
- 2 pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ⅓ cup Ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
Majority of these ingredients are already available in your kitchen and you can get the rest from any nearest supermarket. Now let’s move further to the time needed to prepare this meatloaf recipe with oats.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Meatloaf With Oatmeal?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||70 minutes||90 minutes|
Now, as the required time has been calculated. So let’s see the detailed steps for cooking it.
Steps To Make Meatloaf With Oatmeal
- Firstly, take a container and put in beef, oats, milk, onion, eggs, worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder together and mix them well.
- Now, put it all in a pan and spread it evenly, in a bowl take some ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and mix them to make the glaze.
- Now, put some of the glaze on the meatloaf and after that, bake it for 60 minutes, after that, take it out of the oven, remove the grease, put it on the remaining glaze, and put it back in the oven for 9 more minutes.
- At last, after taking it out and put it on the wire rack for 14-15 min and after that, slice it and serve it.
Your healthy and easy to make meatloaf with oats and brown sugar is ready. I personally recommend this meatloaf with mashed potatoes or any green vegetable of your choice.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Meatloaf With Oatmeal
Beef is really nutritious for a human body. That is why I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this recipe below.
How To Make Meatloaf With Oatmeal At Home | Video
I have added a video representation for making this video to help you out. After watching this recipe, I’ll be easier for you to make this meatloaf at home.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I highly recommend you to make this dish at your home and share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay happy and stay healthy.